• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there really not been a shred of rumours about Monk this weekend, after what sounded like another abject showing?

I don’t think there will be any rumours, Monk will be given time to turn things around, Steve Gibson is a patient man.

Let's wait and see, I think if this form continues the fans will force Gibson's hand. The next home defeat will see the fans turn on Monk in my opinion.

If we put in another poor display at Wednesday it'll be interesting to see how many show up against Bolton. Boxing Day should mean almost a full house but fans could quickly start voting with their feet.

If we put in another poor display at Wednesday it'll be interesting to see how many show up against Bolton. Boxing Day should mean almost a full house but fans could quickly start voting with their feet.

Empty stands are probably the best way of protesting to Gibson, that's what got Southgate the boot.

It’s our away form that is really shocking, has been for ages. Whilst we pick up the odd win at home, fans will keep turning up and won’t protest too much. Social media and on-line forums often exegerate popular opinion. The majority of Boro fans don’t post on-line, it’s the old echo chamber effect.

It’s our away form that is really shocking, has been for ages. Whilst we pick up the odd win at home, fans will keep turning up and won’t protest too much. Social media and on-line forums often exegerate popular opinion. The majority of Boro fans don’t post on-line, it’s the old echo chamber effect.

Exactly this.

This is where those bloody fly by things appear from. A few hundred people (possibly fewer) feel they are the voice of tens of thousands because they all agree with each other in a small group.

Exactly this.

This is where those bloody fly by things appear from. A few hundred people (possibly fewer) feel they are the voice of tens of thousands because they all agree with each other in a small group.

I disagree, online forums usually have a balance of opinions. Read any online forum/social media outlet/Gazette comments section now and it's pretty unanimous against Monk. Even the Gazette reporters are pretty much saying the same thing.

If you think it's a small minority that are disillusioned you're way out of touch.

Exactly this.

I disagree, online forums usually have a balance of opinions. Read any online forum/social media outlet/Gazette comments section now and it's pretty unanimous against Monk. Even the Gazette reporters are pretty much saying the same thing.

If you think it's a small minority that are disillusioned you're way out of touch.

I have to say, I've been of the opinion "give him a bit more time", but its now at the stage which something has to change. I don't think the players are playing to their potential, I don't think they're motivated, and I don't think they actually know their roles in the "system of the week" formation merry-go-round.

Something has to change........

Exactly this.

I have to say, I've been of the opinion "give him a bit more time", but its now at the stage which something has to change. I don't think the players are playing to their potential, I don't think they're motivated, and I don't think they actually know their roles in the "system of the week" formation merry-go-round.

Something has to change........

As it happens, I agree with you.

The thing is - only one man’s opinion really counts. It starts with an S and ends in teve Gibson.

Yes I agree that Gibson is a patient man and always gives his manager time to turn things around but the problem with Monk is it's the same mistakes time and time again! How long should he wait before accepting enough is enough

Yes I agree that Gibson is a patient man and always gives his manager time to turn things around but the problem with Monk is it's the same mistakes time and time again! How long should he wait before accepting enough is enough

He will probably reassess things at the end of the season