• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Having thought about it, no I don't think I would now. Been there with Karanka, I'd prefer some entertainment to go with winning games of football.

Fair enough, I think I'd prefer entertainment plus winning. It's sometimes hard to find a manager that can do both though.

Not sure there's many established managers out there who can do it for us like that (who would be available or want to come). I think realistically we either have to go for a Pulis type or take a risk on an unknown from different leagues and hope they turn out like a Wagner/Silva.

I think today's conference from the outset answered a lot of questions even though they weren't answered directly.

Monk is good at manipulating a question and referring it back to a previous question he has already answered ( very tactical and Is a complete kop out!)

However He contradicted himself on many occasions and made himself look rather silly stating that he wanted to play a new style but last year's players confidence is a contributing factor,

He contradicted this by stating that this is more or less a whole new group of players learning the new style which takes time.

This just proves the guy is totally inept and not cut out for the job.

Unfortunately however Monk didn't look like a man who has been told his job is on the line, I thought quite the opposite actually!

I think the best we can hope for is an experienced number 2 to help Monk out as I can't see him going anywhere soon unfortunately!

I think today's conference from the outset answered a lot of questions even though they weren't answered directly.

Monk is good at manipulating a question and referring it back to a previous question he has already answered ( very tactical and Is a complete kop out!)

However He contradicted himself on many occasions and made himself look rather silly stating that he wanted to play a new style but last year's players confidence is a contributing factor,

He contradicted this by stating that this is more or less a whole new group of players learning the new style which takes time.

Unfortunately however Monk didn't look like a man who has been told his job is on the line, I thought quite the opposite actually!

I think the best we can hope for is an experienced number 2 to help Monk out as I can't see him going anywhere soon unfortunately!

Do you remember in the summer when we were excited about having James Beattie on the coaching staff - as an ex-striker to help us put the ball in the net?

Or did I dream that?

Do you remember in the summer when we were excited about having James Beattie on the coaching staff - as an ex-striker to help us put the ball in the net?

Or did I dream that?

Yep I thought with Beattie in the set up helping the strikers we'd be a lot better on the goal front, so given how many goals we have scored somethings not working.

Or did I dream that?

Yep I thought with Beattie in the set up helping the strikers we'd be a lot better on the goal front, so given how many goals we have scored somethings not working.

I am glad I am not the only one. I think during Karanka’s reign (and before?) there was often a cry for an attacking coach. It seems a shame it doesn’t appear to have worked.

Or...

Are we now so woeful at the back and in midfield that coaching scoring is a bit pointless anyway?

4th or 5th best defensive record in the Championship as it stands. We've made some howlers but we haven't been shipping goals all over the place...yet.

That is an interesting stat. I think from a more subjective viewpoint - we seem to be conceding sloppy goals. Lots of errors and poor communication, rather than being beaten by excellent play. Or am I wrong?

4th or 5th best defensive record in the Championship as it stands. We've made some howlers but we haven't been shipping goals all over the place...yet.

That is an interesting stat. I think from a more subjective viewpoint - we seem to be conceding sloppy goals. Lots of errors and poor communication, rather than being beaten by excellent play. Or am I wrong?

I'd say that's fair Tyler. I think it's probably what you'd expect from two players who we know are very talented (Gibson + Ayala) but have had a system taken away from them and replaced with 'thinking for themselves' in Monks words.

Not often I agree with you, LinoJo, but Dean Smith is a very tidy boss. Did a fantastic job at Walsall, and has got Brentford back playing some good stuff and climbing the table again.

It'd require some patience and allowance of time (as he's had at Brentford), but think he could be a good (hypothetical, for now) option.