• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

why is this bad timing?, i think its excellent timing we have just won so squad moral will be high so assistant has more to work with and we have got an game against Bolton at home next who are not great so things if we win should tick over with or without a manager. Meanwhile we should have a new manager for the January transfer window who can then go and buy his own players.

You are assuming Gibson is gonna give the new guy more money.

After already spending £50 mill.

I like your thinking..  :D

why is this bad timing?, i think its excellent timing we have just won so squad moral will be high so assistant has more to work with and we have got an game against Bolton at home next who are not great so things if we win should tick over with or without a manager. Meanwhile we should have a new manager for the January transfer window who can then go and buy his own players.

Because Iran not like Fifa where you just pick up a controller and the players instantly respond to your commands. There's little time on the training pitch with games on Boxing Day, December 30th and January 1st. 3 games in 7 days - and the likelihood is no full training the day after a match, so even if they're called in on Christmas Day that's only 3 days full training with Liddle.

That's no time with which to get a new game plan going.

Because Iran not like Fifa where you just pick up a controller and the players instantly respond to your commands. There's little time on the training pitch with games on Boxing Day, December 30th and January 1st. 3 games in 7 days - and the likelihood is no full training the day after a match, so even if they're called in on Christmas Day that's only 3 days full training with Liddle.

Oh yeah. Because they were responding so well to Monk

You make good points mate but as I'm sure you know its amazing how players all of a sudden start pulling their weight when a manager is sacked, whether they've had time with the new manager or not. New manager bounce isn't for nothing.

You make good points mate but as I'm sure you know its amazing how players all of a sudden start pulling their weight when a manager is sacked, whether they've had time with the new manager or not. New manager bounce isn't for nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Clayton and Friend's form improve all of a sudden (if selected).

@BoroNut. Exactly. So how will they respond with even less support and input on the training pitch? It's obvious.

@Dan1234 - True; but many of these lads didn't respond when AK was sacked. For every Allardyce saviour there's Terry Connor harbinger of death.

If we were going to sack Monk, it should have been last week, or after the game on New Year's Day for me; minimise the disruption to the players themselves, who've been letting themselves down as much as Monk has.

Pulis, Warnock, Karanka or Bilic, hmmm! Two dinosaurs, a meglamaniac and someone allegedly close to a nervous breakdown, (or does that cover two of them), hardly inspiring is it if that is indeed the choice that we have. Stormy times ahead I think.

Tell that to leicester, watford or sunderland fans who always see their teams get a instance response from the players when sacking a manager and bringing a new one in.