oneBoro Forum

Pulis appointed Manager of Middlesbrough FC

I think Pulis is the best man available to get us up and keep us there. He doesn't play sexy football but he does have a good track record of getting results

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Monk going back to Swansea hence his resignation.

Pulis in charge for the Villa game apparently!

Please god no. Why the hell would Swansea want Monk back?

Why did they want Clement last season? Their bosses don't have a clue. Good luck to Monk if he is going there, if there's one team he can't say no to it is Swansea.

Finally. Called it in October along with two others (Sandancer and Duvel?) and we got lambasted by 90% of this forum. It's been joyous watching those rose tinted glasses turn into normal lenses over the last 2 and a half months. Pity that everyone else couldn't see how useless he was until now. Long story short, told you so.

Fingers crossed we get the right manager in now

To be fair I think sandancer called it in August. As for the rest of this statement, I must be missing something (might be humour) but it doesn’t come across well :s

I called it before he was appointed.

I think Pulis is the best man available to get us up and keep us there. He doesn't play sexy football but he does have a good track record of getting results

He does not play football never mind sexy football, ask Stoke or Albion fans, he makes Karanka,s football look freeflowing and expansive.

Finally. Called it in October along with two others (Sandancer and Duvel?) and we got lambasted by 90% of this forum. It's been joyous watching those rose tinted glasses turn into normal lenses over the last 2 and a half months. Pity that everyone else couldn't see how useless he was until now. Long story short, told you so.

Fingers crossed we get the right manager in now

To be fair I think sandancer called it in August. As for the rest of this statement, I must be missing something (might be humour) but it doesn’t come across well :s

I called it before he was appointed.

I called it before he was even linked to us.

He does not play football never mind sexy football, ask Stoke or Albion fans, he makes Karanka,s football look freeflowing and expansive.

I enjoyed Karanka's Championship seasons, I even enjoyed the first dozen games or so of him in the Premier League. Maybe I'm more concerned about results than how they're obtained.

Pulis makes sense, makes teams better than the sum of their parts. Has promotion on his CV and has never been relegated. We did not look organised off the ball this season, Pulis would give us that.

I enjoyed Karanka's Championship seasons, I even enjoyed the first dozen games or so of him in the Premier League. Maybe I'm more concerned about results than how they're obtained.

Pulis makes sense, makes teams better than the sum of their parts. Has promotion on his CV and has never been relegated. We did not look organised off the ball this season, Pulis would give us that.

West Brom are my second team as I live in the Midlands, so I know a lot of the background stuff that goes on there. All I will say is be careful for what you wish for. On a positive note some of our underperforming lackadaisical players are in for a shock, Santa is going to be busy carrying all the transfer requests.

West Brom are my second team as I live in the Midlands, so I know a lot of the background stuff that goes on there. All I will say is be careful for what you wish for. On a positive note some of our underperforming lackadaisical players are in for a shock, Santa is going to be busy carrying all the transfer requests.

I've got a mate who's a Stoke season ticket holder and he loves Pulis.

His football is pretty negative to watch but I would hope he'd be a bit more adventurous at this level.

Odd timing unless there's someone lined up. Pulis doesn't inspire me, but I think he'd do the job required. There's a part of me that would prefer nice flowing attacking football in the Championship to defense and hoofball and a yearly fight against relegation in the Prem. I know that being in the Premier League is much better financially, though and is better for the club. I just found it so uninspiring last year when it felt like there was no real hope of anything other than surviving by the skin of our teeth if we were lucky.

Pikerman you obviously know more than most of Pulis. But you have backed up my reasoning for wanting him. Our fancy dan supposed super stars are going to have to perform to their utmost under him and I think they will. It will be nice to see a passionate Boro manager on the sidelines for a change. No more Mr Niceguy, exactly what we need