• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pulis is the best man available to get us up and keep us there. He doesn't play sexy football but he does have a good track record of getting results

He does not play football never mind sexy football, ask Stoke or Albion fans, he makes Karanka,s football look freeflowing and expansive.

I enjoyed Karanka's Championship seasons, I even enjoyed the first dozen games or so of him in the Premier League. Maybe I'm more concerned about results than how they're obtained.

Pulis makes sense, makes teams better than the sum of their parts. Has promotion on his CV and has never been relegated. We did not look organised off the ball this season, Pulis would give us that.

West Brom are my second team as I live in the Midlands, so I know a lot of the background stuff that goes on there. All I will say is be careful for what you wish for. On a positive note some of our underperforming lackadaisical players are in for a shock, Santa is going to be busy carrying all the transfer requests.

Pikerman you obviously know more than most of Pulis. But you have backed up my reasoning for wanting him. Our fancy dan supposed super stars are going to have to perform to their utmost under him and I think they will. It will be nice to see a passionate Boro manager on the sidelines for a change. No more Mr Niceguy, exactly what we need

There was s lot of discontent behind the scenes at the club, with players frozen out, players told to play out of position and it was getting close to a mutiny before he went. If you want to know what to expect football wise, watch our game at the Hawthorns last season, if both teams had been boxers the referee would have withheld the purses for non aggression.

Some of the kids at work (who all support Man U and Liverpool) criticised Boro last year as being the most boring team in the premier league. So yeah, let's aim for promotion but back up solid defence with an eye for goal. Assuming Gibbo has already made up his mind so let's see. Always remember that if you are going to make the big call make sure you get it right!

I am wondering also how much player power there is at the Boro? Karanka had his issues. I wonder if Monk's face didn't fit

I thought Monk was a mistake quite early in the season and made my feelings clear on here. The majority of people disagreed but did so respectfully. We had a couple of people who went a bit over the top and got abusive, I don't expect an apology but I hope those people who were abusive treat people with a bit more respect in the future.

Hopefully we can have a fresh start as a club and get a manager who will get us all excited again.

That’s I bit crazy considering the response of the players after falling behind but I guess the decision was made prior to today. Someone has got to be lined up considering we haven’t got anyone at the club who can take over.

Perhaps they told the players at half-time he was gone. :rolleyes:

That’s I bit crazy considering the response of the players after falling behind but I guess the decision was made prior to today. Someone has got to be lined up considering we haven’t got anyone at the club who can take over.

Perhaps they told the players at half-time he was gone. :rolleyes:

:) That was the first thing that passed through my mind

From VB on twitter

@vectorboro

Replying to @BarryCellnet

Most of the players thought he was an arrogant *** who didn’t have a clue. I’m not saying it’s true but thats what I spat out.

I'd like this to be true, it is a convenient explanation for some of the poor performances... Away from the more frightening possibility that our squad just isn't that good...

Still, not all of this seasons mishaps can be layed at Monk's door, and that would be another manager a victim of mutiny at the hands of our players.

I know this probably sounds small time but I'd be happier getting someone progressive in who gets us playing good stuff, I think we should go for younger British players not getting a chance at bigger clubs and actually try and bring something to the game of football, maybe recover some respect from other parts of the country.

Even if it means we yo-yo between the leagues I'd much prefer that than some boring results focused, experienced solid player, result grinding rubbish you see every week on tv.

We tried to go for something exciting and a bit risky in monk, it didn't work out but that doesn't mean we should abandon it all and go mid table bore fest. Mid table in the premiership means nothing to me if we're just grinding it out and hated around the country for being awful to watch.

I know this probably sounds small time but I'd be happier getting someone progressive in who gets us playing good stuff, I think we should go for younger British players not getting a chance at bigger clubs and actually try and bring something to the game of football, maybe recover some respect from other parts of the country.

Even if it means we yo-yo between the leagues I'd much prefer that than some boring results focused, experienced solid player, result grinding rubbish you see every week on tv.

We tried to go for something exciting and a bit risky in monk, it didn't work out but that doesn't mean we should abandon it all and go mid table bore fest. Mid table in the premiership means nothing to me if we're just grinding it out and hated around the country for being awful to watch.

Ryan Giggs?