• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulls would be an absolute extreme and our midfield is nowhere near physical enough for his liking, Martin O'Neill is a great manager but with this group and being away from the club day to day for so long is he ideal I'm not so sure myself. Belgium's on a winter break right now so Pearson's around and it's not like his club would require a huge payout he's in the Belgian second division but I get he's probably not a contender.

I know it's too soon but out of all the names out there I think Paul Clement might be in my top 2 that job at Swansea was untenable the minute that window closed and they thought Fer/Bony would replicate Sig/Llorente. He's an organiser first which ticks a major box and our squad has plenty of different tools to do different jobs I think Clement could be the one for us but it's so soon since he was sacked I'm not sure he's viable.

Clement or Pulis for me neither will revolutionise our play like Wagner did with Huddersfield but the way our squad is we should be rolling through this league grinding wins left and right we don't need 70% of the ball and 20 shots a game with the quality we have up front. Another spanner in the Pulis link is we haven't really got any widemen because the tactical genius thought in the summer that we could just stick our spare 7 million pound strikers out wide instead of signing actual wingers not sure Pulis would be up for that headache but January is basically here so who knows.

Wow, I’ve just heard the news, I presume Gibson has been spending the week sounding out new managers and he has someone lined up.

Otherwise the timing makes little sense.

It's just Uncle Steve's Christmas present to Ben.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-league-championship/story/3323808/tony-pulis-the-frontrunner-to-succeed-garry-monk-at-middlesbrough-sources

"Former West Bromwich Albion boss Tony Pulis is the frontrunner for the vacant manager's job at Middlesbrough, according to sources close to the manager."

His missus must be sick of him already  :D

Just watched the highlights on Channel 5 - despite the fact this must have been filmed after the sacking, they talked about Boro having the right man in charge and spent all of their time talking about how close Wednesday must be to sacking their manager.

Weird no one told them?

Finally. Called it in October along with two others (Sandancer and Duvel?) and we got lambasted by 90% of this forum. It's been joyous watching those rose tinted glasses turn into normal lenses over the last 2 and a half months. Pity that everyone else couldn't see how useless he was until now. Long story short, told you so.

Fingers crossed we get the right manager in now

To be fair I think sandancer called it in August. As for the rest of this statement, I must be missing something (might be humour) but it doesn’t come across well :s

Comes across as being a knobhead :)

Well had an early night last night and missed all this! Serious news!

Really odd timing, if it was done after Millwall game would have made more sense, but it's done.

Not massively upset he's gone, but the names getting spouted on here as his replacement upset me.

I'm with LinoJo and I hope we go for someone a little bit different and take the risk, instead of Pulis.

Just woken up to the news and completely shocked at the timing. I was hoping he would go last week so it's all a bit strange he's gone now after the win with fixtures piling up. Anyway I'm very happy about it but we really need to do better with the next appointment.

Ditto

Monks sacking was s decision likely to have been makes 2/3 weeks ago. The rest of the time from then to now will have been spent looking for a viable replacement.

Pulis wouldn’t be my first choice for a long term manager, but as a man to get us promoted and then stabilised in the premier league I don’t think it’s a bad shout.

I am glad Monk has gone but remember it’s only the right decision if the man that replaces him is a success

Monks sacking was s decision likely to have been makes 2/3 weeks ago. The rest of the time from then to now will have been spent looking for a viable replacement.

Pulis wouldn’t be my first choice for a long term manager, but as a man to get us promoted and then stabilised in the premier league I don’t think it’s a bad shout.

I am glad Monk has gone but remember it’s only the right decision if the man that replaces him is a success

Agree with all of that.