• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So thats it - Pullis?

Since AK was sacked we've had enough time to find "the right man" and we could end up with the recently sacked Tony Pullis.

We know what he brings and hes less attacking than Karanka was - we've got about 4 forwards too many and 5 defensive players short of what he would look at as his ideal squad.

If its Pullis I'm getting a Man City shirt.

Have we got any ITKers with any ITK gossip about our next man?

Love a good rumour!

Been told it’s Pulis and also told he was watching the game in the stands yesterday. Pretty confident it’s Pulis he says.

Pulis was at Stoke yesterday I think.

That's interesting. Seeing his old Brom team play, or possibly an audacious return go Stoke if they had lost and Hughes went?

Sort of glad he’s gone and he seemed to burn a lot of bridges in his short time here.

Anyone else think it might be Michael O’Neil? Did an amazing job with Northern Ireland and wants to get back to club management?

Don’t really want Pullis but he’d sort the dressing room out and give us stability this season.

I know it’s wrong but there’s part of me that would like Aitor back, moods and all.

Take this how you want but when I was informed about Thursdays cancellation/rescheduling of the press conference, I was informed off a little piece of information.

The majority of Monks press conferences this season have been scheduled and scripted where journalists are only allowed to ask certain questions.

These questions were passed to Monk before the press conference.

The rescheduling of the conference for Friday was to test Monk in a non scripted conference.

Supposedly Gibson was livid how Monk didn't take any responsibility and was blaming last season as this seasons failure, as Monk was given strict instructions in the summer that this was a fresh start and he would be judged on this seasons success/failures.

I said at the time that Monk didn't cover himself in any glory constantly contradicting himself and blaming last year's players although their is only a handful who have been involved week in week out under Monk.

I'm led to believe that a decision hadn't already been previously under Friday and Gibson was happy to give Monk a bit more time and an extra transfer window.

Now this may totally be bull*** however for me it answers a lot especially regarding the timing.

Gibson was quick to state that this season he didn't want to hear anything regarding the previous season and it was a fresh start.

Never the less I am extremely happy with the news as I didn't understand/recognise what Style Monk was trying to produce.

He kept going on about a new style but it looked like the same crap we seen last season but worse!

At least if we had seen a new style being tried out we could be a little more patient with him.

Not engaging with the fans was his downfall and won't put him in good stead looking for another job in management.

I've seen posters saying Giggs, Butt and Gerrard... How ludicrous! We have just got rid of a manager because of his lack of experience in management.

Now we all know that Gibson likes to produce a project manager from scratch however this time I can't see beyond experience and going for Pulis.

Defensively he will sort us out and yeah it might be boring football, but I am prepared as a fan to take that as long as we are getting results and going back to our foundations.

Merry Christmas to all Boro fans on this forum!

Well having read somewhere that the proposed new manager was with a club at the moment. I would like it to be Eddie Howe. Good football style and he might build a team. Bournemouth struggling and he might want to try something new before he has a relegation from this season on his cv.

Well. What a year 2017 has been for Boro. Reading the Gazette articles you realise it has been shambolic from start to finish. I do wonder why. They also make the point about us constantly throwing the baby out with the bath water - we always change the entire back room.

So, this time round what to do? I’ve ruled out AK as being too damaged still. I don’t think it will be another untried manager. It has to be someone with a proven record. And as stated I think it is already a done deal - Agenew and then Monk going cannot be a coincidence. All those 1st teamers playing at Darlo as well.

So I think it’s betwern Pulis, Pearson, Warnock (strange result yesterday) and probably an outlier from overseas. I suspect Mr Gibson has already picked.

I cannot decide, I think any of the 3 above would work for us at this time. I would expect the announcement on Wednesday.

Makes Villa at home huge. New regime, holiday fixture, start of transfer window.

I’d expect to see straight off who’s in and who’s out - Friend, Clayton, Adama, Fletcher, Ayala, Shotton, Forshaw, Bamford - all waiting to see if they are to be included.

Certainly makes Christmas more exciting. Those in the West Stand against Bolton best have their eyes open!

Pulis doesn’t fill me with confidence, but I think he’d probably unite the dressing room (at least initially) as the players should appreciate a bit of defensive organisation. The squad issues are still there though. I’d rather we look for an up and coming manager from the championship or league 1 than a big name necessarily. It would require Gibson to actually look at managers at a club already - a policy he needs to change. Paul Hurst at Shrewsbury would be an option (

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hurst) or Graham Alexander at S***horpe (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Alexander), both have excellent winning records.

Btw - being right about Monk first isn’t worth much, so the gloating is a bit crass. I think many of those who supported Monk just wanted to give him a fair opportunity, which is not unreasonable, and by the end there were very few that were supporting him.

Pulis and Megson as his no2 subject to Gibbo agreeing on a suitable wage for Pulis including a promotion bonus

Is that your hope, or something that you’ve heard, NB?

Not hope that's the rumour

Not many peoples cup of tea but Pulis has loads of PL experience and is the ideal candidate for giving us the best chance of staying up should we get promoted under him rather than short term guy with no PL experience like AK

Finally. Called it in October along with two others (Sandancer and Duvel?) and we got lambasted by 90% of this forum. It's been joyous watching those rose tinted glasses turn into normal lenses over the last 2 and a half months. Pity that everyone else couldn't see how useless he was until now. Long story short, told you so.

Fingers crossed we get the right manager in now

To be fair I think sandancer called it in August. As for the rest of this statement, I must be missing something (might be humour) but it doesn’t come across well :s

Comes across as being a knobhead :)

Agreed. I called it last January, I said "at some point we will hire a manager and at some point he will leave and then someone will replace him"

Also bears will ***, trees grow and the Torries will rape the country. SHOCK HORROR!!!! :)

❤️