oneBoro Forum

Pulis appointed Manager of Middlesbrough FC

Bye bye bye bye

That sort of reaction from you as immature and classless as it is probably sums you up, it is a terrible characteristic to have gloating. I would not hope for something unpleasant to affect you.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gibson is still hellbent on promotion this season, We’ll have to go for an experienced manager, Pullis would be my choice, he’ll get results quickly.

Still going to take a supreme monumental effort for the automatic spots. A lot of fans starting to get  carried away, although autos are still possible, playoffs will probably be our best bet.

Absolutely, autos are out of the question, but we are 3 points off the playoff places.

12 points off 2nd will all the teams above us to play it isn't out the question if we got a run together teams above us will drop points at some stage

Who'd have thought Bolton would have beaten Cardiff yesterday

YES!!!!

Question and hypothetically looking at the situation from Steve Gibson's point of view.

I guess many of us are surprised about the timing of the departure but little bits of information seem to have leaked out, players not respecting Monk (I can guess where that info came from 100%) and Steve Gibson indicating that he did not believe Garry Monk was capable of taking Boro towards the longer term plans of the club my question is this in three parts.

1. Does SG possibly regret taking Monk on in the first place because due to comments it would seem that it was a short term appointment and the signs were there very early doors that Monk did not fit the bill?

2. With those famous words at the end of last season has SG written the season off and going to appoint a new manager more geared towards having a real go next season?

3. With where we actually are he still feels there is enough time to do the very best to ensure promotion happens this year be it by play-offs most likely (but you never know)and by appointing a new man/team he will possibly achieve this aim with the view of building a foundation that does not see us get relegated first season after promotion.

My opinion is pointing toward 3 if I am honest and I fully expect to see a lot of activity in the transfer window and better team performances aimed towards just that goal

Finally. Called it in October along with two others (Sandancer and Duvel?) and we got lambasted by 90% of this forum. It's been joyous watching those rose tinted glasses turn into normal lenses over the last 2 and a half months. Pity that everyone else couldn't see how useless he was until now. Long story short, told you so.

Fingers crossed we get the right manager in now

Seems you get pleasure from the disappointing news that someone has lost their job, i believe the players carry a lot of the blame and have certainly underachieved. Price tags are difficult to asses ability with these days as the results show and to compare this most expensive Boro team ever is somewhat a red herring because the market place for footballers is so different to when Brian Robson had all the help. Whatever happens i take no pleasure in the fate of others. Gloat how you want sir but you have little class.

Question and hypothetically looking at the situation from Steve Gibson's point of view.

I guess many of us are surprised about the timing of the departure but little bits of information seem to have leaked out, players not respecting Monk (I can guess where that info came from 100%) and Steve Gibson indicating that he did not believe Garry Monk was capable of taking Boro towards the longer term plans of the club my question is this in three parts.

1. Does SG possibly regret taking Monk on in the first place because due to comments it would seem that it was a short term appointment and the signs were there very early doors that Monk did not fit the bill?

2. With those famous words at the end of last season has SG written the season off and going to appoint a new manager more geared towards having a real go next season?

3. With where we actually are he still feels there is enough time to do the very best to ensure promotion happens this year be it by play-offs most likely (but you never know)and by appointing a new man/team he will possibly achieve this aim with the view of building a foundation that does not see us get relegated first season after promotion.

My opinion is pointing toward 3 if I am honest and I fully expect to see a lot of activity in the transfer window and better team performances aimed towards just that goal

I think if Gibson had written off this season he’d have waited till summer To get rid. And he would have had a much greater range of managers to choose from with the squad we have whoever gets to the playoffs we must be favourites

Right decision, wrong timing. It actually really got me down when I read it last night. I would hate Pulis and his ilk, damn the perceived effectiveness. I like Karanka but I think he's untenable still. Martin O'Neill would be a terrible choice, the man is a fraud. I'd prefer a youth coach or the like with a proven playing style and to implement that with us. Give him 18 months at least.

Finally. Called it in October along with two others (Sandancer and Duvel?) and we got lambasted by 90% of this forum. It's been joyous watching those rose tinted glasses turn into normal lenses over the last 2 and a half months. Pity that everyone else couldn't see how useless he was until now. Long story short, told you so.

Seems you get pleasure from the disappointing news that someone has lost their job, i believe the players carry a lot of the blame and have certainly underachieved. Price tags are difficult to asses ability with these days as the results show and to compare this most expensive Boro team ever is somewhat a red herring because the market place for footballers is so different to when Brian Robson had all the help. Whatever happens i take no pleasure in the fate of others. Gloat how you want sir but you have little class.

I could say our next manager just isn’t good enough it’ll end in tears and he will be sacked. Without even knowing who it is there’s a bloody good chance I’ll be proved right

Right decision, wrong timing. It actually really got me down when I read it last night. I would hate Pulis and his ilk, damn the perceived effectiveness. I like Karanka but I think he's untenable still. Martin O'Neill would be a terrible choice, the man is a fraud. I'd prefer a youth coach or the like with a proven playing style and to implement that with us. Give him 18 months at least.

The term fraud seems to be used a lot lately. In what way is Martin O’Neil a fraud

100% agree with you, can't stand the I told you so brigade gloating over it not working out for a young manager, very little class indeed.

All the managers mentioned so far are tainted with failure. Not sure any really appeal to me. But then if you’ve been a manager for more that a few yrs you will be tainted by failure

The link of Swansea swapping manager with us was quite amusing

Not every fan will be delighted with the next appointment but I really do think that we get behind whoever is appointed without the moans and groans and give the guy some breathing space.

The next man has a real job to do to pacify all of us and especially the powers that be.

We were a laughing stock last season and maybe to a degree this continued into this season, simply it has to stop and Boro need to be the team we all want them to be.

Yes not enamoured if it will be Pulis/Megson but bugger all I can do apart from support MFC

Possibly.  I just don't want another prem season like the last one.  It was awful, I'm currently still not that bothered about the boro.  Obviously love the team and been following them a very long time!  But never been so 'not bothered'

Another prem season of any sort would be welcome, and it might still be a while before we get one.

Each to their own. Last season was awful, yeah we all want the prem but not a one that makes us look like that!

It's not mathematically impossible. But you'd have to say, there would have to be a significant number of teams above us who will have to fall apart for us to even have an opportunity to win our way back into the picture. I don't see Wolves being one of them. Cardiff, Derby and Villa are all teams I'd expect to be challenging for 2nd at least and that's being very harsh on Bristol City.

Wolves have only dropped 15 points this season. Not exactly the Man City of our division but they're picking results up out of their *** at the moment. After 23 games, Newcastle were top last season with 49, us the season before with 49, Bournemouth year before that with 45... Wolves are top with 54 this time round. Cardiff in 2nd with 47 isn't a bad return either despite the Bolton result.