oneBoro Forum

Pulis appointed Manager of Middlesbrough FC

Looking ore and more like Pulis...oh well at least we will be solid again. Just seems a short sighted move to me. Already stated my top choice but as an alternative I still think Gary Neville will make a great manager , especially if ist in combo with one of scholes or giggs.

I’d guess if I was trying to think like Gibson then pullis would get us up and has a very very good record of keeping teams in the premier league regardless of the type of football. So we go up secure ourselves as a premier team for two three yrs then move on to better football

Hopefully bringing in someone experienced like pulis will help sort out the club behind the scenes. We’ve struggled for years in the recruitment and scouting department so hopefully an experienced manager will look to change things.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The year we went up second we lost 9 games that season. We've currently lost 8, I don't give our automatic promotion hopes much of a chance. Play offs are well within our reach though!

All the managers mentioned so far are tainted with failure. Not sure any really appeal to me. But then if you’ve been a manager for more that a few yrs you will be tainted by failure

The link of Swansea swapping manager with us was quite amusing

Where has Pulis failed? Never been relegated.

I think once again, the manager will have to deal with the expectations that are set from the chairman. Gibson made it very clear before the end of last season, the aim was to smash the league. That puts a lot of expectation on the new regime and however little some feel it contributed... it did. Before the money was even spent, there was an air about Monk's appointment that said 1 year to promotion, 2 years to establish.

So if we do hear from Gibson regarding the next appointment, I think once again that will dictate our goals for the rest of the season. If we don't then I think the manager will once again be met with expectation of a much improved performance almost immediately challenging for promotion. Obviously there has to be some leeway, the expectation of automatic promotion right now would be pretty farcical. There's too much not in our hands with half the season gone. One team looks a dead cert to go up as champions already, leaving just one spot open for automatic promotion. There are enough teams ahead of us who already have good squads and good managers in charge who are constantly improving. Derby and Villa are improving, Cardiff have also started very well and doubt they will drop off too far if at all. Not to mention the other teams who sit between us and 2nd place.

A question for the posters who frequent fmttm, is London Smoggie reliable? He's adamant that it's Bergkamp, keeps mentioning it in most threads and he doesn't seem to be an obvious WUM like the Boro Legend character

Looks like it will be pulis and megson then.

I'll get behind them and support and tbh they will probably improve things.

Just not my cup of tea at all but I can understand the thinking behind it.

I think once again, the manager will have to deal with the expectations that are set from the chairman. Gibson made it very clear before the end of last season, the aim was to smash the league. That puts a lot of expectation on the new regime and however little some feel it contributed... it did. Before the money was even spent, there was an air about Monk's appointment that said 1 year to promotion, 2 years to establish.

So if we do hear from Gibson regarding the next appointment, I think once again that will dictate our goals for the rest of the season. If we don't then I think the manager will once again be met with expectation of a much improved performance almost immediately challenging for promotion. Obviously there has to be some leeway, the expectation of automatic promotion right now would be pretty farcical. There's too much not in our hands with half the season gone. One team looks a dead cert to go up as champions already, leaving just one spot open for automatic promotion. There are enough teams ahead of us who already have good squads and good managers in charge who are constantly improving. Derby and Villa are improving, Cardiff have also started very well and doubt they will drop off too far if at all. Not to mention the other teams who sit between us and 2nd place.

Stop going on trying to spell everything out. We'll have a good go this season via the play-offs, if that fails we'll be ready for next season.

Stop going on trying to spell everything out. We'll have a good go this season via the play-offs, if that fails we'll be ready for next season.

No.

Boro Pulisball XI

------------------ Randolph ------------------

-- Shotton --- Fry --- Ayala --- Gibson --

------------------- Clayton --------------------

--------- Leadbitter ------ Howson ---------

--- Downing ------------ Assombalonga ---

------------------- Gestede --------------

Boro Pulisball XI

------------------ Randolph ------------------

-- Shotton --- Fry --- Ayala --- Gibson --

------------------- Clayton --------------------

--------- Leadbitter ------ Howson ---------

--- Downing ------------ Assombalonga ---

------------------- Gestede --------------

In all seriousness, the club could do with a shot of Pulis for 6-18 months.

He'll look to improve every aspect of the club and won't take any **** from the players.

In my opinion, he's like a better version of Karanka.

He'll get he players going from day one.

We can all moan about him when we're established in the Premier League... but until then UTB!

Finally. Called it in October along with two others (Sandancer and Duvel?) and we got lambasted by 90% of this forum. It's been joyous watching those rose tinted glasses turn into normal lenses over the last 2 and a half months. Pity that everyone else couldn't see how useless he was until now. Long story short, told you so.

Fingers crossed we get the right manager in now

Seems you get pleasure from the disappointing news that someone has lost their job, i believe the players carry a lot of the blame and have certainly underachieved. Price tags are difficult to asses ability with these days as the results show and to compare this most expensive Boro team ever is somewhat a red herring because the market place for footballers is so different to when Brian Robson had all the help. Whatever happens i take no pleasure in the fate of others. Gloat how you want sir but you have little class.

I could say our next manager just isn’t good enough it’ll end in tears and he will be sacked. Without even knowing who it is there’s a bloody good chance I’ll be proved right

This is exactly what I was getting at on the other thread.