• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We can still do better than the likes of Megson, Karl Robinson and Garry Monk.

It's all down to being ambitious, who would have thought we would have been able to entice Bryan Robson here all those years ago and sign some of the players we've signed.

I believe we could attract a decent manager here if we sell the club's ambition to a manager and obviously pay them enough money. For the cost of Ashley Fletcher we could have put a financial package together to bring most managers in the world here.

Now obviously we are not going to get a Hiddink or Ancelotti but I think we would've got Allardyce if we'd moved quicker and I think we'd get Pulis, we'd just have to pay them a lot of money and show some ambition.

I wasn't totally against Garry Monk's appointment in the summer but like many others I wasn't particularly excited either. I think deciding to go for a British manager has ruled out lots of other good potential foreign managers and the appointment of Monk lacked a bit of spark.

People seem to scoff at paying a massive contract to a manager but it's the best investment you can make when you get it right. It doesn't make sense when clubs are happy to waste huge sums on transfer fees. How much have we wasted on transfers in the summer alone? I don't believe we can't afford to get rid of Monk and appoint an experienced manager, I just think Steve Gibson has lost his way completely.

We can still do better than the likes of Megson, Karl Robinson and Garry Monk.

It's all down to being ambitious, who would have thought we would have been able to entice Bryan Robson here all those years ago and sign some of the players we've signed.

I believe we could attract a decent manager here if we sell the club's ambition to a manager and obviously pay them enough money. For the cost of Ashley Fletcher we could have put a financial package together to bring most managers in the world here.

Now obviously we are not going to get a Hiddink or Ancelotti but I think we would've got Allardyce if we'd moved quicker and I think we'd get Pulis, we'd just have to pay them a lot of money and show some ambition.

I wasn't totally against Garry Monk's appointment in the summer but like many others I wasn't particularly excited either. I think deciding to go for a British manager has ruled out lots of other good potential foreign managers and the appointment of Monk lacked a bit of spark.

People seem to scoff at paying a massive contract to a manager but it's the best investment you can make when you get it right. It doesn't make sense when clubs are happy to waste huge sums on transfer fees. How much have we wasted on transfers in the summer alone? I don't believe we can't afford to get rid of Monk and appoint an experienced manager, I just think Steve Gibson has lost his way completely.

Fair comments. Hard to disagree with any of that

The trouble is that when you think about it what other managers are currently out there who are available?

Then add on to that, who would want to relocate to the Boro?

Then add on to That, the squad have to be something the manager believes in and can see himself working with.

Then he's either got to assemble his own backroom staff or bring his own in.

How would the players feel with another change to the coaching staff? And a different way to play?

Don't get me wrong, I dont think Monk is the man for the job and automatic promotion, but at this moment in time he will be given till Christmas to he within the play offs or he will go. There isn't anyone available who I think is a good fit.

The trouble is that when you think about it what other managers are currently out there who are available?

Then add on to that, who would want to relocate to the Boro?

Then add on to That, the squad have to be something the manager believes in and can see himself working with.

Then he's either got to assemble his own backroom staff or bring his own in.

How would the players feel with another change to the coaching staff? And a different way to play?

Don't get me wrong, I dont think Monk is the man for the job and automatic promotion, but at this moment in time he will be given till Christmas to he within the play offs or he will go. There isn't anyone available who I think is a good fit.

With all due respect how do you know there's no decent managers available. We are fans sat at home with no real contacts inside the football world.

Who knew anything about Karanka, Marco Silva or David Wagner before they came over here?

I dont believe there's no one out there who can do a decent job, it's a very narrow minded point of view.

I still can't understand the 'bring Karanka back' thing. People continue to forget he wasn't pushed out because of results, it's what was going on underneath. Most of the squad is still here from then. Nobody who doesn't want him back is denying that he was very good at this level but it's not like Dyche and Burnley. If Aitor had the same kind of relationship with his players as Dyche did, he would not have been sacked for relegating us, he would have been trusted to rebuild and go again, I have absolutely zero doubts about that in my mind.

Monk and co. may have been a bad decision from Gibson. Karanka back would be worse.