• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't understand the 'bring Karanka back' thing. People continue to forget he wasn't pushed out because of results, it's what was going on underneath. Most of the squad is still here from then. Nobody who doesn't want him back is denying that he was very good at this level but it's not like Dyche and Burnley. If Aitor had the same kind of relationship with his players as Dyche did, he would not have been sacked for relegating us, he would have been trusted to rebuild and go again, I have absolutely zero doubts about that in my mind.

Monk and co. may have been a bad decision from Gibson. Karanka back would be worse.

Let me start by saying that going back is rarely a good idea. But...

I can’t agree that Karanka would be worse. I know he had fallings out with players but he was often very good at what he did. I would say he would get he back four sorted. Help Gibson get back to his best. Build the confidence of Ayala (maybe) or Fry/Shotton. He would help Christie become a better defender. Maybe even reinstate a fully firing Friend.

He would bring back Clayton to cover the defence. And help make us harder to beat.

He would probably give Bamford a run of games and build his confidence.

Downing would be one who would likely suffer. But he could get the best out of Braithwaite if he allowed him to play like Tomlin/Ramirez when they were doing their thing.

He is very much like Mourinho in his approach. Mourinho falls out with players. He did at Chelsea. They took him back a few years later and he won the league. I know it went pair shaped after that but as a short term fix he got them playing to their strengths again. As I believe Karanka would.

This squad needs coaching and to be given instructions they can follow. Monk, as he almost admitted last night, is incapable of doing that.

So Mr Gibson needs to find someone who can keep it simple and get this lot playing football. We’re still a club people want to come to.

There will be coaches out there who’d jump at the chance. It needs to be an experienced head I think. It’s up to Gibson/Gill/Bausor to find them.

But one thing is certain. We are going backwards at the moment and that should be clear to everyone. Similar to Everton before Sam. We should be able to pull this together

Think I'll donate £20 to this!

Really?

Agreed. What exactly would it achieve?

It would have zero positive effect on the players/management/performance.

If you want to show your unhappiness go to a game and boo (at the end) or write to Steve Gibson personally, expressing your displeasure. Or choose to not go to the games as a show of discontent.

I just think these fly by things are a pile of ***.

I still can't understand the 'bring Karanka back' thing. People continue to forget he wasn't pushed out because of results, it's what was going on underneath. Most of the squad is still here from then. Nobody who doesn't want him back is denying that he was very good at this level but it's not like Dyche and Burnley. If Aitor had the same kind of relationship with his players as Dyche did, he would not have been sacked for relegating us, he would have been trusted to rebuild and go again, I have absolutely zero doubts about that in my mind.

Monk and co. may have been a bad decision from Gibson. Karanka back would be worse.

Spot on.

To add some more.  We won 5 games last season, which is now one fewer than Huddersfield have managed in just less than half a season.  We were ***ing abysmal, it was one of the worst seasons in our history regardless of what level we were playing at.  Karanka had more fall outs here than the Nevada desert, even when we were actually doing well and on the verge of promotion.  This isn't a choice between Monk and Karanka, it's simply about finding the right manager for us to move forward, whoever that is.  It may still be Monk, as unlikely as it's looking at the moment, but it certainly isn't Karanka.

Really?

No I'm joking, I hope this isn't what it has to resort to for Gibson to wake up though.

I wonder whether he has any idea that the fans are fed up or is he so detached from everything that he's got no idea.

He might be busy polishing his halo

Really?

No I'm joking, I hope this isn't what it has to resort to for Gibson to wake up though.

I wonder whether he has any idea that the fans are fed up or is he so detached from everything that he's got no idea.

I find it very hard to believe that he wouldn't know the fans are fed up. He's attended God knows how many games at the Riverside, he'll know what kind of mood the fans are in.