oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Bolton 2-0 (Braithwaite, Assombalonga)

Just got back to pompey after the game. I thought we were pretty ponderous against a desperately poor Bolton side. We should have had more than the 2, paddy was v wasteful

That said was impressed with shotton and downing and the tribute to Leo was incredible

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back to pompey after the game.  I thought we were pretty ponderous against a desperately poor Bolton side. We should have had more than the 2, paddy was v wasteful

That said was impressed with shotton and downing and the tribute to Leo was incredible

Dude, fair play making that journey, I live near Pompey and that's a freaking drive.

I was a bit disappointed with a few performances yesterday, with a new manager in the stands and the transfer window around the corner I thought we'd see a real big effort on the pitch.

I though Britt and Bamford looked well off the pace yesterday, I've been a big fan of Bamford on here but I think his body language yesterday was awful. Leadbitter and Howson were poor although that wasn't through a lack of effort.

Pulis has got quite a bit of work to do with our shape, there were times yesterday where we had huge gaps between our midfield and back four, Christie was caught out of position a lot in the first half and our defensive line was poor when we tried to step out.

These are all things I expect him to fix quite quickly but I think there will be a lot of nervous players in our squad at the moment.

But he did score.  And that’s what forwards do.  If you took Kane off every time he scored when a pass was on he’d never be on the field

What your effectively saying though is every time Britt gets a half chance he shouldn't look up to see where people are, just shoot even if theirs someone their that might have a tap in with a simple pass. If scores great, if not oww well hes a forward we might go onto to lose the game but at least he used his instinct. All im saying is theirs been tons of chances this season where somebody has been in a better position hes chosen to shoot and ballsed it up, it wouldn't hurt for him to occasionally look up and recognise somebody was in a much better position and make the pass.

No not saying that at all.....what I’m saying is forwards should do whatever they believe to be the right thing at the time that’s what makes them good or bad.   Judge them on how often they get it right  but don’t claim they took him off or he won’t get picked after he scored.  That’s what he’s paid for

My prediction for Saturday.. Gestede up front Asomabalonga on the bench, could be wrong, but that's what i think.

Fair enough you could well be right.  But he’s got 12 goals so far so I’d bet against it

i think we'll see 2 up front pretty soon. gestede off britt. no need for fancy football when its more effective pinging it to rudy for easy setups off him. simple dyche tactics that will work in this league. thinking back to forest game away. rudy setting up britt sooo easily.

-----------britt

---------------rudy

braithe/johnson-----------downing

-------leadboots howson

friend gibbo shotton christie

What your effectively saying though is every time Britt gets a half chance he shouldn't look up to see where people are, just shoot even if theirs someone their that might have a tap in with a simple pass. If scores great, if not oww well hes a forward we might go onto to lose the game but at least he used his instinct. All im saying is theirs been tons of chances this season where somebody has been in a better position hes chosen to shoot and ballsed it up, it wouldn't hurt for him to occasionally look up and recognise somebody was in a much better position and make the pass.

No not saying that at all.....what I’m saying is forwards should do whatever they believe to be the right thing at the time that’s what makes them good or bad.   Judge them on how often they get it right  but don’t claim they took him off or he won’t get picked after he scored.  That’s what he’s paid for

My prediction for Saturday.. Gestede up front Asomabalonga on the bench, could be wrong, but that's what i think.

Fair enough you could well be right.  But he’s got 12 goals so far so I’d bet against it

i think we'll see 2 up front pretty soon. gestede off britt. no need for fancy football when its more effective pinging it to rudy for easy setups off him. simple dyche tactics that will work in this league. thinking back to forest game away. rudy setting up britt sooo easily.

-----------britt

---------------rudy

braithe/johnson-----------downing

-------leadboots howson

friend gibbo shotton christie

Britt scored yesterday off a Braithwaite flick on so I absolutely think a Rudy - Britt combo would be deadly.

I was a bit disappointed with a few performances yesterday, with a new manager in the stands and the transfer window around the corner I thought we'd see a real big effort on the pitch.

I though Britt and Bamford looked well off the pace yesterday, I've been a big fan of Bamford on here but I think his body language yesterday was awful. Leadbitter and Howson were poor although that wasn't through a lack of effort.

Pulis has got quite a bit of work to do with our shape, there were times yesterday where we had huge gaps between our midfield and back four, Christie was caught out of position a lot in the first half and our defensive line was poor when we tried to step out.

These are all things I expect him to fix quite quickly but I think there will be a lot of nervous players in our squad at the moment.

I thought Leadbitter and particularly Howson had really good games. There was one moment in particular which I could have killed Grant for, when he suddenly decided he was a left-winger instead of passing it into the space to the right of him. But other than that, I thought they were both really good. They both tucked in alongside the defenders to give us plenty of protection when we were defending, gave Bolton absolutely no space to play through, similar to Clayton and Leadboots before them. Howson also had bags of energy and when he got his head up picked some good spaces further upfield with all 3 forwards looking to make good runs ahead of him. Especially when you consider how little he was involved earlier in the season when games seemed to just pass him by, it was more like the Howson I'd become accustomed to when watching Norwich.

I thought Leadbitter and particularly Howson had really good games. There was one moment in particular which I could have killed Grant for, when he suddenly decided he was a left-winger instead of passing it into the space to the right of him. But other than that, I thought they were both really good. They both tucked in alongside the defenders to give us plenty of protection when we were defending, gave Bolton absolutely no space to play through, similar to Clayton and Leadboots before them. Howson also had bags of energy and when he got his head up picked some good spaces further upfield with all 3 forwards looking to make good runs ahead of him. Especially when you consider how little he was involved earlier in the season when games seemed to just pass him by, it was more like the Howson I'd become accustomed to when watching Norwich.

Yeh I thought Leadbitter and Howson had good games, both made some excellent ball winning challenges and Howson was constantly looking to pick the pass.