oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Villa 0-1

What i think Pulis will go with -  

................................Randolph...........................

Christie/Roberts....Gibson.........Fry..................Friend

Downing.........Clayton.......Leadbitter....Braithwaite

..................................Gestede......................................

..............................Britt/Bamford......................................

Pulis will not pick Bamford over Britt

In fairness i did say Bamford or Britt, Bamford might actually suit chasing the knock downs better but Britt is the better finisher id actually say thats a tough call.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

uncle albert injured for this one. villa fan saying he has been kicked harder by his baby. anyone think old albert didnt fancy coming here, like zeige bottling the reception.

i hope we turn these over, not just because i always want us to win, because i just totally detest villa. i have since the 80's. never has a team got under my skin like the villa. its not like they are great or a sky fanboy team. they are just villa bit like everton but with a horrible stirp colour. actually i dont like any of the claret teams. burnley, wes spam, villa, scunny. all awful strips.

Go on Kev get it off your chest, let it all out, you will feel better for it

i dont like striped strips either. they look stupid, mackems, saints, sheff utd, sheff wed, barcodes god this list goes on. not keen on blue. basically. white or red. the rest are ***ttttte.  :D

What did you make of Scotland’s pink strip??

..............................Britt/Bamford......................................

In fairness i did say Bamford or Britt, Bamford might actually suit chasing the knock downs better but Britt is the better finisher id actually say thats a tough call.

You think Britt is a better finisher than Bamford?

How many one-on-ones has Britt messed up this season?  Answer, far too many.

Bamford is much better finisher,

Pulis’s team?

—————— Randolph ——————

Shotton — Ayala — Gibson — Friend

———— Clayton — Leadbitter———

Downing————————- Braithwaite

——— Gestede Assombolonga———

Maybe Howson in CM.

And maybe Bamford for Braithwaite and switch wings with Downing?

But that is a solid team. 4 big defenders. 2 solid CMs. Makes us (in theory) very difficult to beat. Gestede to finally start showing that he is a beast of a CF?

After seeing Britt's finish vs Bolton, surely no one thinks Bamford is a better finisher than him. I like PB, I like when he's playing with a bit of swagger/chip on the shoulder, but his recent stats are poor and I don't think Pulis will allow that from a luxury player. Luckily for him Gestede was awful when he came on.

Yeah for me Britt is a better finisher but Bamford is less selfish for example Bamford would pass to Britt if he was in a better position, Britt would not do the same the other way around. 

I think the problem when Gestede came on was we stopped crossing the ball into the box, Gestede in that first half I think would have converted a few of them crosses Bamford and Britt failed to convert or sometimes even get on the end of.

recall paddy missing plenty of gilt edge chances this season to. except he hasnt scored 12. i know who i think is the better finisher. proof is in the pudding. paddy's best season he got 17. britt is a 1 in 2 man. top striker, could have had 20 plus this season in our under performing team.

Agree Britt is the better finisher, but Bamford’s movement is better for me. It creates space for others to create chances. Either way - I don’t think Pulis will have had much time to change the strikers game plan as I think his first focus will be the full backs and defensive shape, so i’d suggest the same combination in the front 4 unless Gestede has been great in training

If Pulis gets results do you care about the performances?

Results are always the most important thing. No, you don't want to be bored to sleep by your club's football but if that's what it takes to win games with this squad and this manager then so be it.

Has this appointment raised expectations again for this season? Where to?

Not really. I think our expectations are pretty much the same. Promotion. At the start of the season it was clear how we wanted to do that. Right now, it's a case of any means necessary to do it. And that's not something that has changed as a result of the managerial change.

Which players are likely to thrive and which will struggle under Pulis?

Difficult to say. A betting man would say players like Gestede, Clayton, Gibson and Shotton. You'd be looking at Downing to continue his good work this season except perhaps via a few more set pieces. But then we don't know how Pulis will really set up until we've got through the next few games. That in itself though is an improvement on the previous manager.

Will 2018 be better for Boro than 2017?

Probably. It couldn't be worse really.

I'm going for 1-1 Bamford to get the goal. If I recall, Pulis did try to sign Bamford after that play off season.

I see minimum changes of personnel and formation the first few games whilst he gets to grips with the squad.

My expectations have gone up from getting knocked out in the semis of the play offs, to getting to the final, so not much change.