oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Villa 0-1

Finishing or no finishing Britt is by far the better player than bamford

Completely agree  -I'm surprised theres even a debate about it.

There's no debate really. Just people who are profoundly wrong. :P

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Finishing or no finishing Britt is by far the better player than bamford

Not often I agree with you Rich but this is absolutely spot on.

That’s it then .....I think I’ll hang up my proverbial boots :)

I think we might see some changes here.

Randolph

Christie Gibson Shotton Ayala Friend

Clayton Leadbitter Howson

Downing

Britt

3 in back. Friend and Christie as wing backs with Clayton protecting with Howson and Leadbitter bringing us forward. Downing linking up and Britt.

Different formation, very strong defensively, good height.

Pulls has been a fan of Friend. Enquired a couple of times during his time at West Brom, so thoroughly expect George to be TP's first choice despite his lack of form.

Christie isn't your archetypal Pulis FB, but if we do go 4-4-2 he could be utilised as a RM.

I personally think with friends height and pace he will will

Don't get me wrong, I agree. I think the fact Fabio came off as a sub despite seemingly no injury issues says an awful lot about what Pulis wants in that position. If anything I think Fabio will be fighting Christie for the right back spot and to be fair to him, despite the credentials Christie has shown this season, that will be a pretty well fought battle.

I think we'll stick with the 4-2-3-1. LB, #10, and possibly a CM being dropped for Clayton are the only likely changes I think. Friend is a Pulis type of fullback and he seemed far sharper on Tuesday so I think he will come in for Fabio. Snodgrass plays at RW for Villa so Friend's aerial and strength advantages over Fabio will be key factors. #10 is the tricky position for us as our only good quality natural #10, on paper at least, is Downing - our player of the season at RW so it would be a risky move to move him from there. That's the only way that we could realistically fit Traore into the side. Braithwaite seems more of a LW/inside forward but has looked more adept at #10 than Bamford does. There could be some rejigging of the 3 behind the striker as Pulis must have been alarmed by Bamford's showing on Tuesday. Tricky call as there's a clear problem without a clear resolution before the January window opens. The pragmatist Pulis will probably stick with Bamford there I suspect. Clayton could come in for one of the CM's too but I thknk that's a less likely move.

I think he will stick with a winning team to be honest but maybe starting George instead of Fabio, winning breeds confidence and let's face it we could have scored a few more than we did in both of the last 2 games

Personally think he may go with a 433/451 formation depending how you look at it, making it tighter down the middle and putting pace on the wings so we can catch Aston Villa on the break.

Pulis will not want to lose this game so my prediction is 0-0 / 1-0 win but very tight game.

I personally think with friends height and pace he will will

Don't get me wrong, I agree. I think the fact Fabio came off as a sub despite seemingly no injury issues says an awful lot about what Pulis wants in that position. If anything I think Fabio will be fighting Christie for the right back spot and to be fair to him, despite the credentials Christie has shown this season, that will be a pretty well fought battle.

It was rumoured that Fabio was subbed at halftime because he was suffering from a heavy cold and was running out of energy. I don’t know how true that is, but it would make sense.