oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Villa 0-1

The team according to someone on fmttm:

Randolph

Shotton Gibson Ayala friend

Downing guedioura howson traore

Gestede

Britt

Don't know if it's true but apparently the poster has form for predicting teams. Guedioura is obviously the big shock if it's true. I wouldn't be the least surprised to see Christie and Fabio dropped, I've said it for ages on here I think they're a weakness of ours defensively.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Randolph

Gestede

Britt

Don't know if it's true but apparently the poster has form for predicting teams. Guedioura is obviously the big shock if it's true. I wouldn't be the least surprised to see Christie and Fabio dropped, I've said it for ages on here I think they're a weakness of ours defensively.

Wow, talk about shaking things up! Although that does look very Pulis. Friend and Shotton at full back definitely. Four big lads at the back. Guedioura is beyond interesting, but could be a revelation, never really given any fair chance of the whip.

Well he certainly was training with the squad yesterday but imagine that is what Pulis wanted so he could take a look at everyone, also I understand that he worked with him when he was at Palace so probably knows him far better than any of us in terms of playing potential

Not ITK but when it comes to a team being announced its usually done over lunch today and then it’s a video of opponents and players being told individual jobs etc. Players head home at around 3 and then back in at 11 on match day. Obviously Pulis maybe different and wouldn’t be surprised if no team is announced until last minute to give everyone a crack of the whip and keep those who have been starting 11 on their toes.

Wow! So I’ve just been told the team and Guedioura starts tomorrow! Not only this but Friend, Gestede and Traore are also starting. No Christie or Fabio, looks like Shotton at right back. Certainly did not think there would be such drastic changes and the guy that tells me is normally very reliable but dear me it’s makes for an exciting line up.

Randolph

Gestede

Britt

Wow, talk about shaking things up! Although that does look very Pulis. Friend and Shotton at full back definitely. Four big lads at the back. Guedioura is beyond interesting, but could be a revelation, never really given any fair chance of the whip.

He only took the first training session wed. I’d doubt very much he’s picked the side and told the players a day later. And chosen a guy he hasn’t seen playing yet

Wow! So I’ve just been told the team and Guedioura starts! Not only this but Friend, Gestede and Traore are also starting. Did not think there would be such drastic changes but dear me it’s makes for an exciting line up.

Maybe someone knows. But I’d be very surprised if there are more than one change. He’s got 4 games in quick succession to start introducing changes I’d doubt he’d try to do it in one go

Randolph

Gestede

Britt

He only took the first training session wed. I’d doubt very much he’s picked the side and told the players a day later. And chosen a guy he hasn’t seen playing yet

When did Guedioura come back into training? Gazette said just before Xmas he been out with some sort of hamstring tear for ages. Would he come back so soon? (I know nothing of sports injuries)

Plus given that Pulis likes to get crosses in why would he play Adama “can’t cross with his right foot let alone his left” Traore on the left?

There’s a well argued article on everythingboro about how Pulis might keep traore as he wins free kicks. Not sure that’s enough for me, but interesting idea.

Guerdioura is a strange one, he’s over 6ft - so maybe is a better header of the ball. Also we have 3 games in 9 days, so he may be managing the squad workload a little.

Randolph

Gestede

Britt

When did Guedioura come back into training? Gazette said just before Xmas he been out with some sort of hamstring tear for ages. Would he come back so soon? (I know nothing of sports injuries)

Plus given that Pulis likes to get crosses in why would he play Adama “can’t cross with his right foot let alone his left” Traore on the left?

Traore doesn’t need to cross. He can just run at the full back or centre back. Hey fouled. Then Downing can whip in a free kick. With big lads on the end of it.

I don’t know much about Guediora. Is he tall? Could that be enough of a reason to include him?

Keep Howson/Traore back on free kicks and corners and throw a load of 6 foot + players forwards?

Randolph

Gestede

Britt

Traore doesn’t need to cross. He can just run at the full back or centre back. Hey fouled. Then Downing can whip in a free kick. With big lads on the end of it.

I don’t know much about Guediora. Is he tall? Could that be enough of a reason to include him?

Keep Howson/Traore back on free kicks and corners and throw a load of 6 foot + players forwards?

Good god what have we done?!?!?!?! :D

Randolph

Gestede

Britt

Could that formation not be more of a 352 with Downing and Friend as wing backs and Traore playing centrally behind Gestede and Britt and Guediora and Howson holding?

I cannot believe that rumoured team. For a start if Traore was to play he himself would want to come off after twenty minutes due to Pulis screaming at him to track back and keep his position. Guediora is interesting, now he, (from what I remember of him), is definitely a Pulis type of midfielder, big and strong and breaks up the play. The full backs being changed I can well believe, Pulis full backs defend they do not go wandering upfield leaving space behind them. Music to my ears as I played RB for years and watching Fabio, and to a lesser extent Christie, makes me wince, they just cannot defend to save their lives, a much changed Boro is on its way.