• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Can’t see downing getting the support from shotton he gets from Christie.   Another manager that rates fletcher.  What has Clayton done to *** everyone off  and guerdiersda back

If I know Pulis, Downing will play to the left and Braithwaite to the right. Pulis loves his crosses..... ;)

No more inside forwards crap :-P

I'm actually genuinely upset about Christie being dropped, I think he's been great on that right hand side.

Is it 3 at the back or is he putting a CB at FB again?

Lol guess. Pulisball has arrived!

Can’t see downing getting the support from shotton he gets from Christie.   Another manager that rates fletcher.  What has Clayton done to *** everyone off  and guerdiersda back

I think the boss has shown his hand today. He's gone for a line-up that he's comfortable with. He's not shown any transition between himself and what we left off with, unless you consider Bolton as that. This is precisely the kind of team you'd expect given the fact Pulis is in charge.

Which begs the question where is his midfield dominator? Why is Clayton not even in the 18? He doesn't come off as someone who stops working hard or would struggle to show a new manager what he's about. He was one of the best midfielders in the Championship 2 years ago and barring Monk's tactical use of him, I don't think there's much changed about that.

I think it speaks volumes. I think that it seems like somebody already has him in their sights and perhaps a deal is already in place for January with Clayton himself one of those who is trying to push it through. If it's a loan move to one of our rivals like some reports are saying, that's even worse. Here, have one of our best midfielders to help you battle us for a top 6 spot. What? I'm hoping and praying that's nothing more than a rumour and that if he is going, it's a permanent deal which would be best for all parties involved if he wants to go.

To be fair that's the most Pulis looking back 4 ever! Ayala and Gibson his sort of CB's, and he likes his big bulky fullbacks too.

Think we won't be seeing Fabio or Christie that much more this season, think it's harsh to drop both imo.

That being said, like the rest of the lineup, I'm looking forward to seeing Gestede and Britt together!

UTB!

Villa

Johnstone;

Hutton, Elphick, Chester, Elmohamady;

Hourihane, Jedinak;

Snodgrass, Onomah, Adomah

Hogan

When you take that line-up into consideration, it's all the more clear as to why Shotton is playing right-back. Can you imagine the gaps Albert would be picking up on our right-side with Christie? He didn't exactly show off his defensive capabilities very well against Sammy Ameobi or the lad who came on for Andrew Taylor at left-back. Imagine that but against one of the form players in the division who we know all too well can dance around full-backs. We need to be cutting those gaps out for someone we know all too well will exploit them.

the team speaks for itself for me. pulis likes defenders and he's obviously favoring players he's worked with (trusts). big dani gets stuck in great in the air, gibbo and friend and shotton. that is a much stronger (from a defensive aspect) back 4 than every team monk has put out this season.

he's put his biggest strongest team out almost from the off. cant fault him, everyone in the league fans and managers etc knew we were easy to get at from wide. pulis from day 1 plugs the obvious weakness monk created.

To be fair that's the most Pulis looking back 4 ever! Ayala and Gibson his sort of CB's, and he likes his big bulky fullbacks too.

Think we won't be seeing Fabio or Christie that much more this season, think it's harsh to drop both imo.

That being said, like the rest of the lineup, I'm looking forward to seeing Gestede and Britt together!

UTB!

totally pulis. yes dropping christie is probably a message to him. ''sort your defending/positioning out in training'' if cyrus can do that we will have a top top fullback. i hope he can we'd get 50 mill for him  :D :D