oneBoro Forum

Boro vs PNE (a) 3-2 (Ayala (2), Howson)

There's no possible situation where I'd rather have kept Monk.

I think it will take a bit of time for Pulis to get us playing how he wants but I'm confident he'll get us in the playoffs.

we will not have much of time, we need points now

Yeah we do definitely, hopefully we can keep pace with the top 6 while all the changes are taking place.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Pulis is 'here to build for next season' then, I'm sorry, I'd have rather stuck with Monk. We were 3 points off the play offs when we sacked him, so to write off the season now because of a new manager is unforgivable.

Pulis should be getting us into the Top 6. Anything below that is abject failure.

Its starting to stink of last January where we showed our ambition by buying three championship players - I don't know whats going on - one minute Pullis is saying we need as many points as we can get and as soon as possible, then its about "time".

This club is really starting to do my head in - I stick with what I've been saying all year, Gibson might be a good chairman in the case of being local, a fan, investment and his love for the club but his decision making has been diabolical.

If Pulis is 'here to build for next season' then, I'm sorry, I'd have rather stuck with Monk. We were 3 points off the play offs when we sacked him, so to write off the season now because of a new manager is unforgivable.

Pulis should be getting us into the Top 6. Anything below that is abject failure.

I still think the first priority is to go up this season which is why monk went. If next season was it we could have waited till next season to get a manager

Pullis has a couple of weeks to asses the squad and decide

Which players to cull

Which to loan ( may use them later)

Which to buy

It’s a hard enough job when you’ve got 6 months to decide but two weeks and 4 games. At some point he needs to see the guys in a game You can watch players in training all you want but you need to see them in a game

I don’t envy him and I’m sure he’ll get a few wrong in that time

Let’s just hope we can pick up points as we go

But .. if we really believe the top two has gone then even if we drop some points whilst he sorts the team out if he gets the buying right and assesses the players correctly we should quite easily make the top 6

Its starting to stink of last January where we showed our ambition by buying three championship players - I don't know whats going on - one minute Pullis is saying we need as many points as we can get and as soon as possible, then its about "time".

This club is really starting to do my head in - I stick with what I've been saying all year, Gibson might be a good chairman in the case of being local, a fan, investment and his love for the club but his decision making has been diabolical.

I think the two comments go together

We need time to get the system right and sort the squad out but within that we need as many points as we can as soon as we can

If Braithwaite is really dropped then that will be the first sign of what to expect. Technically he is a much better footballer than any other forward we have but I can see why he doesn’t fit into Pulis ball. Gone will be the aim of trying to link up the midfield with attack but instead it will just be long ball after long ball. I thought we were incredibly dire against Villa and just looked like another random run of the mill championship team.

I really hope that Pulis delivers results because if he doesn’t the crowds will soon dwindle. I just fear that Pulis tactics won’t work in the Championship where we will probably have to create the games. It will be too easy to defend against like Villa showed. We could have played ten hours and villa would have kept us at bay. For an underdog team in the Prem it works but I think we need to show more to be a top team in the Championship. I’m just praying that Pulis realizes that because after all he is a lot more experienced than me :)

Looks like it.

Braithwaite out altogether. Assume he's rested or injured. How the hell Leadboots keeps starting is beyond me.

Trouble with that team is that if Britt has a off day there is no other goals in that team.

Looks like it.

Braithwaite out altogether. Assume he's rested or injured. How the hell Leadboots keeps starting is beyond me.

Trouble with that team is that if Britt has a off day there is no other goals in that team.

It's like he realises it too. He has 3 strikers on the bench