oneBoro Forum

Boro vs PNE (a) 3-2 (Ayala (2), Howson)

Well Fabio is gone, and Friend isnt up to it. New first choice LB to come in - maybe someone like Tyrone Mings who isnt getting his game at Bournmouth? He's 6'5" also and has good form in this league so could be a good shout - loan + buy deal maybe?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To those saying we played 2 strikers second half.. we didn't.. it was 4411 with Downing in the hole and Bamford from the left.. I'd have preferred Downing from the left so we have someone to pop it onto Gestede's head.

With the FA cup coming up I think we're going to see a lot of people playing for a place in the squad.. Regardless of what happens Fletcher might as well leave on a loan - we're never going to recoup the money and he still has potential. Get Fry out on a loan as well, so he can get game time and bring someone in with experience to be the back up.

Well Fabio is gone, and Friend isnt up to it. New first choice LB to come in - maybe someone like Tyrone Mings who isnt getting his game at Bournmouth? He's 6'5" also and has good form in this league so could be a good shout - loan + buy deal maybe?

Very good shout and can also play CB if required.

We were shocking in the first half. Pulis should never have started Guedioura, but fair play to him he made the subs and turned it around. He didn't just lump extra strikers on and hope for the best. He saw where we were crap and tried to fix it.

Don't want to see us play like we did in the first half ever again though.

Very good shout and can also play CB if required.

Isn't he a crock?

Mings is a good shout, yeah. They paid top dollar for him though if I remember rightly, would perhaps be looking for a big fee. Also looks like he's had a back injury since September.

Looks like Charlie Taylor is finally getting into the Burnley team so I can't see him leaving on loan any more. Shame Bristol City are doing so bloody well because I'd have been banging on their door about Joe Bryan too.

Absolutely spot on about the plan B. Good changes. Pretty decent second half.

Makes me wonder what some people remember when they bang on about some of our previous managers. At least one could NEVER make early changes which would affect the outcome of a game, and would be more likely to wait until 85 minutes and bring on a like for like DM.

(I'm talking Lenny Lawrence, obviously).

Did he have anyone worth coming on though.   I remember we played half a season without a forward

LOL - Good point re: Lenny Lawrence rich - although that bit was [slightly] tongue in cheek. Some of our more recent managers have struggled in that regard too !!

Lennie had one thing over Pullis though. I swear I once sat through a match where he played five centre halfs (if you count Alan Kernaghan at centre forward as a cente half)

He had half a season where he rotated between a defender and a midfielder playing up front ,  ill never class kernaghan as a forward ......or a defender

i was only young but petty sure big al was a cf converted to cb originally anyway

Right, I've just got back from the game (I live local to Preton).

First half was abysmal. Other than Downing's freekick and Ayalas goal we were poor, and very lucky to be 2-1 down at half time. It could and most likely should have been 4-1. The guy behind me summed it up perfectly, saying it couldn't possibly get any worse in the second half.

There first goal- Friend and Traore were completely pulled out of position and passed around. The cross came in and Christie lost his man, who was about 4ft tall and had all the time in the world to set himself up and place the header away from Randolph.

The second goal, another cross was unlucky, bouncing off Ayala and leaving Randalph completely lost.

The whole half it looked like PNE had an extra man on the pitch. I want to give Guediora a chance, but he was so off the pace, and trying to take 2/3 extra touches when he was under pressure on the first, if he is going to play like that then he is a huge liability in a promotion chasing team. The only positive thing he did was get studded and win a freekick.

Second half was a massive improvement. Rudy is a great targetman, which Britt just doesn't have. Every ball up you knew he was going to win the first ball, and great to knock it down to Traore. Traore showed what he could do, he was beating his man, putting in the crosses, some didn't work, but if they always did he wouldn't be playing in the championship would he? At times PNE were putting 2-3 on him.

Great goal from Howson, showed good composure and placed it perfectly. And Ayala's goal, well taken and out of reach of the keeper.

All in all, they're good solid substitutions. Rudy to start next game. Guediora I think is too much of a liability and that will cost us. We got very lucky and Randalph kept us in the game. If it wasn't for him we'd have lost it by half time. From today we need someone who can play behind Traore and support the LB/Rb .

Finally, I got to the stadium today I was searched twice by the stewards at the gate, but within a minute of being in the stadium one of our fans set off a smoke bomb. Worryingly they were able to get that into the stadium, and completely moronic to want to and set it off.

crazy thought but could tony pulis be the one to actually get a tune out of adama traore?

I'm going for 'no'.

"Here's what you could've won..."

Wrong answer mate

Nothing will change with him because of any manager- it's all down to him.  Apparently he was amazing today?  Was he ***, he was the exact same player he always is, which is one with great physical attributes and no mental ones.  If he develops the mental ones then he'll improve as a player.  If he doesn't then he'll be exactly what he is now, which is a bit of a numbskull capable of spectacular pieces of play because of his great pace and dribbling ability.

His ball in for our 3rd goal was pretty bang on the money. He's been putting in some decent balls all season. From that video of his tracking back against Villa, I think you can see he wants to fight for his place and isn't just looking for the first transfer out, which is always good.

Did he have anyone worth coming on though.   I remember we played half a season without a forward

LOL - Good point re: Lenny Lawrence rich - although that bit was [slightly] tongue in cheek. Some of our more recent managers have struggled in that regard too !!

Lennie had one thing over Pullis though. I swear I once sat through a match where he played five centre halfs (if you count Alan Kernaghan at centre forward as a cente half)

He had half a season where he rotated between a defender and a midfielder playing up front ,  ill never class kernaghan as a forward ......or a defender

i was only young but petty sure big al was a cf converted to cb originally anyway

They couldn’t make their mind up what he was....turned out he was a cricketer

Good result today, thought we were garbage in the first half and I was seriously worried at half time.

Delighted with the second half and especially with Pulis's ability to change things and have an impact on the game.

Like his tactics or not he's going to get results for us.

What I liked about Adama today was his work-rate, he chased and pressed like I've never seen. Interestingly, like Karanka, Pulis was instructing him all the way, which I don't think Monk had the capacity to do. In his after match comments, Pulis said Adama has the potential to be the very best, but he has to learn to run away from the ball and stop coming towards it. That's basically what we've been saying for the past year, now we've got a manager which sees it as well.