oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sunderland (FA Cup) 2-0 (Gestede, Braithwaite)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased with the overall result today, it feels hard to get too excited because Sunderland looked like a non league team!

I sat quite close to our dugout today and spent most of the game watching Pulis, he is like a livewire on the touchline it was great to see.

He literally spends all game talking to players and directing them into shape. Friend got a rocket in the second half for being caught too far forward and he was coaching Traore non stop.

This pleases me to read. Lacked that under Monk.

He also goes through a lot of chewy, grabs it out of his mouth and slams it on the floor when ever we *** up haha.

Loved the lion/cat banner before the game!

It was a fairly comfortable win in the end, Sunderland were very poor, Although we did allow them into the game far too much second half.

Traore I think is turning into more of an asset now. He was a liability under Monk (who I dont think had a clue how to coach him), but today he was passing well. The pass for the first goal was lovely - went through about 4 of their defenders. Pulis talked about how they'd sat traore down and tried to 'keep things simple with him' when it came to coaching. Think that's the only thing that'll get through to him tbh.

I'm starting to like Pulis the more I hear him talk in interviews. He seems very honest. And sort of Clough-esque when he doesn't mind saying one of the players had a poor game or there were poor elements to their game (as he did with adama today). I think he could be a good fit for this club

Traore I think is turning into more of an asset now. He was a liability under Monk (who I dont think had a clue how to coach him), but today he was passing well. The pass for the first goal was lovely - went through about 4 of their defenders. Pulis talked about how they'd sat traore down and tried to 'keep things simple with him' when it came to coaching. Think that's the only thing that'll get through to him tbh.

I said this when Pulis was rumoured (and actually at our OneBoro Reading meet up), Traore needs someone to tell him in very simple terms exactly what they want him to do. None of these ***e buzzwords that monk used or being told to "think for himself" just very simple instructions. Unfortunately he clearly doesn't have a lot between the ears, however he seems like he has a very good attitude and a fun personality so I think he can be coached to at least be anasset in this division, possibly the PL as well with the right coach.

Went today, it was a comfortable win in the end and particularly pleased with the first half was a good performance and i felt we had them beat by the end of it. Second half we sunk to their level and let them back into it for massive periods, we have got to stop that because its fine against sunderland but do that against someone like wolves and you will get beat heavily. Why cant this team put in a decent performance for the full 90 mins?, we always sink to their level if we dominated a half or have a slow start and fight in the second half like we did against Preston and got away with.

Random question but does anyone know what traores insta account is? There's so many different ones and they all look fake.

the one rudy tagged him in on insta, either I look shady or he doesnt accept randoms as i tried when we signed him :'(

As TP said himself

"ADAMA he could be a top top player

hes gotta learn what tools hes got

look at what top players

hes got quick ffeet

hes got to work what hes got

hes a real threat"

As TP said himself

"ADAMA he could be a top top player

hes gotta learn what tools hes got

look at what top players

hes got quick ffeet

hes got to work what hes got

hes a real threat"

As I always say to everyone about him, it's not his speed that makes him special, quick players are everywhere, I bet there's absolutely rapid players in the Sunday leagues.

It's his control of the ball at that speed that makes him special in my eyes, he can change direction, keep it close to him all at top speed or just run straight through someone.

You can have a thousand players that know where to stand on a pitch, where and when to make runs and when to pass, but I can guarantee they can't do what Adama can do.

I'm so glad pulis seems to have accepted the challenge, because no matter how erratic he might be, to completely discard that kind of talent would be criminal for a team like us. Pulis already seems to be getting something out of him and that will only improve over time.

Apparently there was a bit of trouble in the away end yesterday. Sunderland fans smashed up the toilets.

The police are currently checking video footage to find out who was responsible ........................They have said that at the moment they have nothing to go on!

;)

Traore is absolutely fascinating to watch, he does some of the most breath taking things in a game followed by the most stupid.

Yesterday he was unplayable at times, his run for the first goal was brilliant and he had another similar run not long after. I then watched him basically walk back when Sunderland were attacking and the man he should have been tracking had a shot on goal. Pulis rightfully went mad at him for it.

It's so hard to predict where he'll be in a few years, he could be playing in the Premier league or equally sat on the bench in something like the Turkish 2nd division.

How did Friend perform? I think we can start seeing that Pulis have his preferred back 5 more or less only left back with question mark.

Great to hear that Traore is doing well and Pulis working on how to get the most out of him regularly.. I think with Shotton behind him he can focus on attacking but also have the support of a “talking”defender behind him which should hopefully help him improve further.

On the left I guess we will see downing and friend next game. With britt coming in to play of Gestede.