oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sunderland (FA Cup) 2-0 (Gestede, Braithwaite)

Im pretty sure Pulis is switched on enough to not get Adama to tuck in and find himself in positions where he is making challenges in the box.

He's stressed that he is working with what he's got at the minute, what he hasn't got is a good tackle. You can argue he hasn't been drilled effectively as a naive young player, as much as it's conjecture right now in prepared to say he won't be putting himself in positions to get sent off or giving away penalties again.

The sending off at Villa was nowhere near the penalty area, it was just a stupid challenge and that's the issue - in footballing terms he is stupid.  Maybe Pulis can simplify things to the extent that this will become less of an issue but I'm sorry he isn't achieving that in a week or so.  With the ball, without the ball, Traore just doesn't tend to know what the correct thing to do is at any given moment.  Where he's best is when he picks up the ball in broken play (the goal yesterday) or when he's simply able to counterattack and doesn't need to do much thinking.  It's pretty difficult to build a game plan around those two things consistently over time so he will have to learn how to play properly and be a useful member of the team throughout a game not just in those specific moments.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give him the armband just for making it to the bus on time.

I’d give the driver the armband if he could get the bus there on time :s

Has anyone read Vickers’ article criticising the Sunderland fans? I wasn’t at the game and he doesn’t specify what chant he has taken issue with so can anyone tell me which one it was? From what I could gather, it was to do with them calling us nonces. I don’t understand why he wouldn’t say what the chant was, just made for a confusing read for someone who wasn’t at the game...

Only just seen the highlights. Brilliant assist by Traore. Looked like Sunderland only threatened from a few corners. 4 wins in 5 for Pulis is a promising start.

Shotton and Friend had a very comfortable afternoon as Braithwaite and Traore dropped 10-15 yards deeper than normal to help to cover Sunderland's wing backs.

Best game i've seen Howson play as well. He's running past the ball more than i've ever seen him do which creates a better dynamic in the centre of midfield. Also compensates for the fact that Braithwaite and Traore were starting deeper and not pushed high and wide.

It'll be interesting to see if that's how we continue, moving forward. I'd imagine we're playing that way to combat the balls in between the full backs.

If we get to a playoff final would you trust Traore to start the game?

Depends if he was allowed in our plenty area, if he wasn't allowed in it then sure because on that wembly pitch hed tire the opponents out very quickly and that might make the difference.