oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Fulham 0-1

*** Pulis lost us this, Braithwaite and Adama changes were *** shocking. Just invited pressure on us.

Adama was gone and needed to come off - he’d started to leave men spare

Johnson looked like it backfired big time. He started so well here but now looks very poor

I'm with you that he maybe needed to come off. But taking off our only 2 creative players and bringing on Clayton and ***ing Johnson was horrendous.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbed. But a huge improvement in how we played at Fulham. I’m beginning to see real positive steps for pullis Created loads of chances defended well closed them down quickly. It seems obvious to me that downing can set free adama all yr but traore has to play on the right. Anywhere else and he disappears from the game

By the way Grant clearly stood on his foot for the penalty.

Where did you see that? I've just been watching replays showing none or bare minimum contact. Certainly nothing which would impede him in any way. What angle showed he stood on him? Maybe the channel I'm watching doesn't have it.

I’m not sure he had a lot of choices for the braithwaite sub (other than leave him on). The other subs were Bamford (back from flu) or Fletcher (totally useless) or Johnson (similar). Yet again we’ve proved we need to have a bit more quality in the final third. Come on Gibbo, get your cheque book out (but ffs don’t let our scouting dept get involved....)

*** Pulis lost us this, Braithwaite and Adama changes were *** shocking. Just invited pressure on us.

Adama was gone and needed to come off - he’d started to leave men spare

Johnson looked like it backfired big time. He started so well here but now looks very poor

I'm with you that he maybe needed to come off. But taking off our only 2 creative players and bringing on Clayton and *** Johnson was horrendous.

I guess TP wanted to see Johnson - I hope he’s seen enough!

A tale of two halfs. First half we should have won it, plenty of good chances wasted. A clear penalty not given. Second half w invited pressure. I think adama was struggling a little in the second half. But i didnt think we should of took braithwaite off he was lively and looked good today. I agree with clayton coming on but like someone else said for leadbitter who looked tired. Johnson looked awful imo should have brought bamford on and go 442 instead.

I’m not sure he had a lot of choices for the braithwaite sub (other than leave him on). The other subs were Bamford (back from flu) or Fletcher (totally useless) or Johnson (similar). Yet again we’ve proved we need to have a bit more quality in the final third. Come on Gibbo, get your cheque book out (but ffs don’t let our scouting dept get involved....)

I think that sums things up accurately.

How much have we spent on those three - about £15m? Ouch.

A few thoughts:

1. The referee was looking directly at Braithwaite and Kalas for our penalty appeal, I want an explanation for WTF he saw that made that not be a penalty.  The only thing that was missing was the wrestling ring!!

2. For their penalty it looked like there was minimal contact but Norwood was already leaning to go down, he knew he'd lost the ball.  It's silly from Leadbitter to be putting a foot in there, and he got played like a fiddle for putting his foot in.

3. How was there 5 minutes of extra time in the first place for them to be given a 94th minute penalty?  There wasn't that many stoppages at all, strange how Fulham knew to start ramping up their play 10 mins from the end and then are gifted an extra 5 mins to apply the pressure.

4. Johnson hasn't improved at all, hell if we need a player to get the ball and run into defenders and lose the ball under their feet I'd be happy to do it.  I'd be waaaayyy cheaper than Johnson, we were robbed on that transfer if we paid more than a McFlurry for him.

5. We were punished for not being clinical enough, we created chances but the final touches weren't there.  Gestede rushed his shot and should have taken it around the keeper first.  Britts chance was an even better opportunity, I'd expect him to score that.

Seems to be the same old story. Sadly.

How do you work that out?

Referee denied us the most blatant penalty you'll ever see. We score that and Fulham aren't getting back into the game, they were *** dire.

I meant more - a little but of optimism going into the game. Play offs looking likely. Autos looking possible. A tough, but winnable game. And it all goes tits up. Fair enough the pen shouldn’t have been given. But we also hadn’t scored up until that point .

I think when people start talking about ‘win and we are in the play offs’ is the time it is guaranteed to go wrong. In whatever way that takes.

So we looked a lot better than the statistic tells I assume from reading on here

Missed the game, but reading the statistics only we seemed to been ***e lol

So glad to see that it was just "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."