oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Fulham 0-1

So we looked a lot better than the statistic tells I assume from reading on here

Missed the game, but reading the statistic only we seemed to been *** lol

So glad to see that it was just "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

We were thoroughly excellent for about 75 minutes, Fulham stepped up final 10-15 and we trailed off. 

4 chances that you just shouldn't ever miss & a blind referee costs us the game.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

*** Pulis lost us this, Braithwaite and Adama changes were *** shocking. Just invited pressure on us.

Adama was gone and needed to come off - he’d started to leave men spare

Johnson looked like it backfired big time. He started so well here but now looks very poor

I'm with you that he maybe needed to come off. But taking off our only 2 creative players and bringing on Clayton and *** Johnson was horrendous.

pullis had to try... now he knows not to do this again... only one way to find out if these players are good enough, unfortunately.

I thought it would be a tight game and it was, i thought we would need to score with all that energy in the first half to stop the inevitable. Penalty decision was a little harsh but that is what happens in football, also think i was right with my observation of rather having Assombolonga than Gestede even though Gestede was handy knocking balls down it soon became easier for Fulham to predict and stop. Good feeling though even in defeat.

So we looked a lot better than the statistic tells I assume from reading on here

Missed the game, but reading the statistic only we seemed to been *** lol

So glad to see that it was just "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

We were thoroughly excellent for about 75 minutes, Fulham stepped up final 10-15 and we trailed off. 

4 chances that you just shouldn't ever miss & a blind referee costs us the game.

Allright, Thanks :)

Quite surprised that Clayton was brought on without taking Leadbitter off.

Clear again that Johnson offers nothing at this level for us, not even in short spells. He picks up the ball and runs at the defence but when the gap closes to within a couple of yards, he seems to forget how to use his feet.

Traore looked great but towards the end he looked tired. He probably did need bringing off but goodness me, we need something different to take his place when it happens.

Onwards we go. This was definitely one of those games that, if we'd actually done well earlier in the season, would be much easier to shrug off. I thought we played well today regardless, just not quite clinical enough. If we could get the finishing of Britt and the all-round forward play of Gestede into one striker, we'd be alright. More running from Britt today, more work but still feels like when he came on that we lost a big aspect to our attack.

Good performance but poor finishing cost us.

Stupid challenge from Leadbitter and it looked to me a penalty, as for Braithwaite he was clearly pushed over and that was also a penalty!

Shocking sub replacements. Marvin Johnson is absolutely brutal and offers nothing!

Our pace and fluidity was killing their backline, we should of gone for Bamford and Fletcher as replacements.

Seen big improvements from the Villa performance where I thought we looked completely flat.

Expect this week to see some departures.

Haven't posted in a while. But just wanna say that - whilst I wasn't particularly in favour of us appointing Pulis initially - I've nothing but admiration for what he's done so far. We're effective. We have a clear game plan. He's not afraid to drop big names for the good of the team. His energy is infectious. And to be honest our performances have been completely invigorated.

Painful defeat today. But I think we did well. I don't like to blame the ref for defeats, but today there's nobody else to blame. Gestede missed a couple of sitters, but that's what you have to expect when you shift your game plan and remove your goal poacher. But I believe overall we've won more points by starting Gestede then we would had we started Britt instead. How that penalty for us wasn't given is outright incredible - I honestly think the ref was just day dreaming. The late penalty for Fulham could have gone either way - on one hand he did clip him, on the other the contact was minimal and the ball was going out of play regardless. Britt just outright unlucky to hit the bar. Traore has impressed me too (he will continue to misplace deliveries into the box, but what's key is he keeps creating those chances and putting himself in a position to try to assist). And I'm not against the subs either (we needed to freshen it up, but fact of the matter is that the squad is unbalanced and TP didn't have the type of players available that ideally he'd have liked to introduce).

All in all, I think we're still favourites to secure a top 6 finish this season. In terms of the Jan window and our push for the PL, we need:

- another big back 4 defender as an option who suits TP's style

- another option with a goal scoring threat for the front 3 behind Gestede

- and ideally offload some (Baker, Fabio, maybe Guedioura/Forshaw).

UTB.

Fulham forum cannot believe their luck they think they did a smash and grab, some quotes were 4 sitters missed and a blatant penalty turned down, Boro all *** and wind with no end product. Stats say that it was not so one sided.

God that's a depressing result, sorry everyone I had gestede first goalscorer so that's why he missed those sitters.

Thought we played really well today without the rewards, can't say I ever said that under monk.

Back from the game. Referee was poor but we should have done enough with the play and chances we had to make his 2 penalty calls play a major impact on the game. 1st half hour we were very good then we turned flat. I was distracted after that as there seemed to be a bit of drama with the red faction with them all walking out. Gestede didn't have the greatest game but him coming off changed the game. Nothing stuck upfront after he went off and we invited Fulham back into the game.

From where I sat it looked like a dive by the Fulham player and when the ref blew I honestly thought he was going to book him not award a penalty. However you can't excuse how much we sat back at the end and you are asking for trouble allowing them to get so close to our area unchallenged.

Despite the loss on a positive if there are any I did like the fact that we are looking more direct and generally look like a team rather than a collection of individuals that we looked under Monk. Traore and Downing our top 2 men again today.

Unbelievable that a former Sunderland season ticket holder was allowed to referee one of our games! No wonder he was krap

We had a pretty good first half. Traore especially was outstanding. Downing and Shotton looked good again. Really have to score once of the chances though.

Second half we stopped playing. Assombalonga did very little until his chance, then they go down the other end and leadbitter stupidly sticks his leg out.

Fulham barely deserved to draw, nevermind win. Grrr

Even if theirs no plently in that game it would still ended a draw, theirs just no escaping the fact that game should have been finished before half time if we have taken the chances.

Fulham forum cannot believe their luck they think they did a smash and grab, some quotes were 4 sitters missed and a blatant penalty turned down, Boro all *** and wind with no end product. Stats say that it was not so one sided.

In the bar I watched the match there was a table of fulham fans and they were very sheepish at the end. They admitted they were very lucky. They also thought Traore was the best player they've seen this season.