oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Fulham 0-1

Forget about the smash and grab, the onus was on Boro and I am bewildered as to why we are so poor against those teams, above and in and around us because this is becoming a trend and will be our downfall if we hope to achieve anything this season.

Our strikers are guilty as hell for missing clear cut chances and there today lays the blame.

So very disappointed with this result, Fulham had not won here for 13 years what a poor return of points we have taken from them this season

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a definite penalty for them, arguing otherwise is ridiculous. He fouled him, it's a penalty. The fact that we should have had one of our own is neither here nor there unfortunately.

We started ok but we went flat pretty quickly. I've got absolutely no interest in watching us have hardly any possession and then lumping it over and over again. I'm sure someone will appear to tell me that's not what happened but that is exactly what happened. *** knows why people on here seem happy with it, it's not even as if you can say it's fine if you get results because we bloody lost! We were lucky at Preston after being awful, we didn't get that luck today and we lost.

Gestede obviously should have scored but then let's face it he's not actually that good, Braithwaite should have scored when he megged their defender and went through but he mi*** his shot unfortunately and Britt should have scored at the end but Fulham aren't in the bottom six so he's not allowed to.

I haven't checked the stats yet but I'll do it later. I'm guessing we had substantially less possession than they did and probably fewer shots than them as well? They played the better football but we had arguably the better moments albeit by the end I thought they were more likely to score than we were. What we did do was create a few gilt edged opportunities that could/should have won us the game but if people are seriously happy watching this ***e then good luck to you. People will be sick of it, sooner than they think as well I bet.

We should have been 3 up at half time, poor finishing, Gestede good in the air but personally not a lover of him, just don't rate him. Traore 1st half was excellent, mistake switching him to the left Fulham's full back was able to come forward time and time again after that. Downing pulling the strings again in midfield, Braithwaite very hit and miss, defence were solid.

The subs, the very poor ineffective Johnson on, when we have a better player in Bamford, and just couldn't work out why we put Clayton on, to do what.

Saw the penalty again n the Comcast after the game still think its a soft one given by a very poor referee.

All in all you don't take your chances you pay the price.

It was a definite penalty for them, arguing otherwise is ridiculous. He fouled him, it's a penalty. The fact that we should have had one of our own is neither here nor there unfortunately.

We started ok but we went flat pretty quickly. I've got absolutely no interest in watching us have hardly any possession and then lumping it over and over again. I'm sure someone will appear to tell me that's not what happened but that is exactly what happened. *** knows why people on here seem happy with it, it's not even as if you can say it's fine if you get results because we bloody lost! We were lucky at Preston after being awful, we didn't get that luck today and we lost.

Gestede obviously should have scored but then let's face it he's not actually that good, Braithwaite should have scored when he megged their defender and went through but he mi*** his shot unfortunately and Britt should have scored at the end but Fulham aren't in the bottom six so he's not allowed to.

I haven't checked the stats yet but I'll do it later. I'm guessing we had substantially less possession than they did and probably fewer shots than them as well? They played the better football but we had arguably the better moments albeit by the end I thought they were more likely to score than we were. What we did do was create a few gilt edged opportunities that could/should have won us the game but if people are seriously happy watching this *** then good luck to you. People will be sick of it, sooner than they think as well I bet.

Really don't see why it was such a negative performance?

We limited Fulham to nothing for the majority of the game. That's effective football. We played our game and they didn't.

Defensively we looked miles better than under Monk, I wager that in the 2nd half of the season we will concede less and pick up more points.

We're creating chances that should have been scored from, Pulis can have a team to keep us tight and give opportunities to score. As far as I'm concerned he's also done that.

Finally our play don't seem to be passing for the sake of it. I saw a Boro that was full of desire, passion and playing the ball forward quickly and effectively. It was exciting to see and miles better than under Monk.

Also disagree with the fact it's a penalty but it certainly is debatable. Why is the fact we shouldn't have had one neither here nor there? We get one and probably score, then draw the game 1-1 at Worst?

I haven't checked the stats yet but I'll do it later. I'm guessing we had substantially less possession than they did and probably fewer shots than them as well? They played the better football but we had arguably the better moments albeit by the end I thought they were more likely to score than we were. What we did do was create a few gilt edged opportunities that could/should have won us the game but if people are seriously happy watching this *** then good luck to you. People will be sick of it, sooner than they think as well I bet.

Ito be a foul the tackle has to be in the view of the ref careless ,reckless,or using excessive force

If we are saying this was any of them then every tackle or coming together when both players don’t touch the ball is a foul thus making the game non contact

I almost always think your posts are good but I don't think this one is.

It's neither here nor there because it doesn't change the fact that what they got was a penalty. We should have had one as well absolutely but us not getting ours doesn't mean that theirs isn't a penalty. It just means the ref messed up by not giving us one.

It's neither here nor there because it doesn't change the fact that what they got was a penalty. We should have had one as well absolutely but us not getting ours doesn't mean that theirs isn't a penalty. It just means the ref messed up by not giving us one.

Ours was stonewall. Theirs was very dubious but in today’s football they do get given which is a real shame in my opinion and it’s spoiling the game

I almost always think your posts are good but I don't think this one is.

That's absolutely fine mate, I'm not doing the posts to be popular, I'm writing about what I see.  What I saw today was one team trying to play some football and one team really not.  We were the home side today and it really didn't feel like it a lot of the time.

Their penalty wasn't dubious at all, Grant stuck his foot out and caught the player, simple as.

We'd have been screaming for a penalty had it happened at the other end and you know it.

If it's not for us then it's dubious, I think that's how it works.  It was a clear penalty, he was just too late and their lad was always going to get there first.  Anywhere else on the park and it's a foul.

Their penalty wasn't dubious at all, Grant stuck his foot out and caught the player, simple as.

We'd have been screaming for a penalty had it happened at the other end and you know it.

If it's not for us then it's dubious, I think that's how it works.  It was a clear penalty, he was just too late and their lad was always going to get there first.  Anywhere else on the park and it's a foul.

I’ll disagree with you all day on this one

For me if a tackle/touch doesn’t make a player fall trip stumble , if he could have kept running and chasing the ball. Then it’s not a foul ,he is using the touch as an excuse to go down which is simulation ie the hazard penalty and the leadbitter one

We’ve been brainwashed by ex players using terms such as he’s been clever and he was touched so he has the right to go down

In my opinion it should only be a penalty if his contact actually had an impact on the player / attack. He was already going down prior to contact (if there was contact) and the ball was going out of play. Therefore shouldn't be a penalty and if we had been awarded one like that I'd count our blessings.

However, modern game and all - they get given. That's the only reason it can be argued either way. Though I agree with richmfc that we've been brainwashed to think that that's ok to be given.

No excuse for the ref re our penalty claim. I'm all for protecting referees and accepting that errors get made. The action is fast and there are often obstructions - so human error can/will happen. But this wasn't a quick push. It almost happened in slow motion. The ref is looking straight at it. And there is no obstruction. No excuse for the ref, he just wasn't paying attention.