oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Fulham 0-1

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic said:

"They pushed each other (Braithwaite and Kalas) and the referee was in perfect position to make the decision.

"For our penalty, it was clearly a contact between Norwood and the Boro player and, again, the referee was in the perfect position to give the penalty."

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the first half we ripped them, second half we looked tired and after Adama rolled his ankle we didn't have anyone capable of bringing the ball forward. Still, we had chances, Braithwaite one on one into the side netting, Britt hit the bar... One thing that did bother me was Downing supposed to be playing in the hole, yet he's everywhere but there, he needs to be much further up the pitch to influence games.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic said:

"They pushed each other (Braithwaite and Kalas) and the referee was in perfect position to make the decision.

"For our penalty, it was clearly a contact between Norwood and the Boro player and, again, the referee was in the perfect position to give the penalty."

They pushed each other? ***ing hell.

Say what you want about the Fulham one (I'm still not convinced there was contact from all the video I've seen but I'm not saying there wasn't), there is NO WAY any sane person can argue they "pushed each other".

What are the stats on Bamford playing and points earned?

I keep saying he is the best forward at the club, but it must be provable. I bet we win more points with him in the team than without.

Oh and anyone who thinks Gestede or Assombalonga is better than him should switch to cricket.

What are the stats on Bamford playing and points earned?

I keep saying he is the best forward at the club, but it must be provable. I bet we win more points with him in the team than without.

Oh and anyone who thinks Gestede or Assombalonga is better than him should switch to cricket.

Pretty sure the stats say Ass is the best, brought it up in another thread and he's head and shoulders proven himself to be more consistent over the past 5 or 6 years bar one, and he was injured for that year.

What was Britt and Forest's best season in terms of league position?

He is a goalscorer I'm not doubting that, can he lead the line for a team challenging for promotion? That's another question.

I think managers lose all credibility when they try to justify incorrect decisions after the event, it's a very Mark Hughes statement. Why not just admit they got lucky with the decisions? To say ours wasn't a penalty is pathetic, the game is over so it makes no difference.

Really can't understand the people on here saying their penalty is clear. I just watched it again and it's never a foul anywhere on the pitch, the player clearly dives as any contact, if there is any at all, wouldn't knock a 5 year old child over.

Still annoyed at the manner of the defeat. Too many golden chances spurned and the refs decision not to award a penalty. Despite us letting Fulham have most of the ball we were well organized and pressed them although we tired markedly towards the end of the game. The plan was clearly to win the game with a goal or two in the first half. Plenty of positives to take from the game. We need a better outlet for the wide areas on the bench. Johnson is just so bad, Bamford isn’t a winger and Fletcher is too raw. Play like this and we will win most games. I’m a lot more confident that we will get into the playoffs now than I was a month ago.

Still annoyed at the manner of the defeat. Too many golden chances spurned and the refs decision not to award a penalty. Despite us letting Fulham have most of the ball we were well organized and pressed them although we tired markedly towards the end of the game. The plan was clearly to win the game with a goal or two in the first half. Plenty of positives to take from the game. We need a better outlet for the wide areas on the bench. Johnson is just so bad, Bamford isn’t a winger and Fletcher is too raw. Play like this and we will win most games. I’m a lot more confident that we will get into the playoffs now than I was a month ago.

I 100% agree with the above statement. They did have a lot of the ball but until the last twenty when we tired did they actually get in behind us at all?? There best player Sessegnon had a torrid time with Bolt/Messi ( Traore ) who I think is enjoying the fans singing his name... slight worry is big Tony saying he isn’t fit enough! Thought back 4 looked well drilled solid and a bit like their older self. Howson is slowly becoming another first name on team sheet. Drives forward loves a tackle and is probably our best CM at the club. Think we’re desperate for a out n out LW as don’t see Downing or Braithwaite as that. Strikers will go both Bamford and Fletcher I think as well as Forshaw. Johnson can’t go anywhere even though he is rabbit in headlights!

On the subject of dodgy refereeing, just read this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42677016

“Shoot them” seems fair enough :)

Make sure it's not any of our lot doing it though as it would be a waste of time.

If it was our forwards doing the shooting the ref's could sit, drink tea and read the paper all day without a care in the world. ;)