oneBoro Forum

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Latest Posts

• Did we find out who the returning old face was? 
    • Yea this is what I’ve been saying even about Payero. Fans screaming for them but what do we actually know about them to be spending so much?! IF they turn out great then that’s amazing and of course I’d be over the moon but didn’t think we had the funds to be gambling with so much money at the moment. Seems to be two different transfer plans, one let’s find out of contract or lower fee players from ‘smaller’ clubs. Two, ah let’s have a go they might turn out to be world class so let’s spend 6million.
    • This is how I'm starting to feel too... Can we gamble £8m on potential right now?  We obviously have a decent chunk to spend on a striker for the first time since Assombalonga and Fletcher. Really important to get this right.
    • Well done Midtjylland, and good luck in the competition, but honestly, Celtic are in a real mess right now. I cannot see how their new manager is the right fit for a club needing root-and-branch rebuilding, and I feel Rangers under Gerrard are going to go from strength to strength this season. Funny (yet also quite sad) how Scottish football goes through these lengthy cycles of one-club dominance while the other flounders and falls apart. I think it'll be a good few years before Celtic win the SPL again.
    • This lad has played around as many professional matches as his age, doesn’t appear prolific, and could be a wonderkid or a pup. I can’t see how they can be allowing themselves to get caught in a bidding war. We have Leo, they have a whole management set up that speaks his language. They have London and all its temptations and we have Yarm. I think we should get off the merry-go-round before the music stops. More and more seems to be going into the hands of the selling club and the risk on the winner. Let Fulham have this project now. The kid seems to want Fulham, lets move on. There will be others with more experience on the planet we can use who are likely to be more dependable from the off.