oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Fulham 0-1

Middlesbrough referee controversy: Why ex-Sunderland season ticket holder was allowed to officiate Fulham defeat

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-referee-controversy-ex-sunderland-14156774

Interesting that we won the other 3 games in which he took charge of us

Yeah I don't think him supporting SUnderland has anything to do with him missing the penalty on Braithwaite. That was just poor refereeing, and I can't blame him for giving Fulham theirs.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that counts is the result, period.

Not sure that was what you said when monk won and you complained you still couldn’t see a plan

So you are saying results don,t matter?

I don't think anybody has said that this season.

Point is you've changed your tone. Previous manager we were doomed even when we won because the manager wasn't right and the plan wasn't there. That proved to be the case in time, though only as the results wore thin.

But now we have the manager, a plan and a performance and you're concerned about a single, last-minute dodgy penalty smash and grab result over a performance that didn't really get what we deserved? Results like this aren't going to dictate our season. The important part is we still looked good enough to win. In our second-half dash towards the play-offs, being able to take anything out of a 1-0 loss at home is good or we might as well just cancel the season.

It's not what I previously said nor implied. I have implied the only thing that count are results. I believe you are simply seeking conflict.

Your comments under Monk were performance related, win or lose you still had something negative to say. Not to say you were wrong, in fact the opposite was true in the end. Pulis, it's now all about the result. If there's no 3 points, there's nothing good to talk about.

I'm not seeking any conflict with you, I'm saying people on here probably came to the conclusion you'd be happier with what's happened since the new boss came in because we've looked more likely to improve and your long-term visions would improve as thus. But now it seems you've gone the other way and have turned up after an undeserved defeat preaching that nothing else counts. By all means, your opinion is yours and you're free to have it but I don't think the change in direction is going to be welcomed by everyone.

Your comments under Monk were performance related, win or lose you still had something negative to say. Not to say you were wrong, in fact the opposite was true in the end. Pulis, it's now all about the result. If there's no 3 points, there's nothing good to talk about.

I'm not seeking any conflict with you, I'm saying people on here probably came to the conclusion you'd be happier with what's happened since the new boss came in because we've looked more likely to improve and your long-term visions would improve as thus. But now it seems you've gone the other way and have turned up after an undeserved defeat preaching that nothing else counts. By all means, your opinion is yours and you're free to have it but I don't think the change in direction is going to be welcomed by everyone.

Since when were you appointed spokes person for everyone? My opinions at the time of happening are performance related, period, take them as negative as you wish I couldn’t give a monkey. You are almost implying I’m somehow to blame for Monk departure, laughable, and as for Pulis I’ll judge him on the same, performance. If you read my posts as implied you do, you would know, I’m once again working in foreign lands.

Wow. You know what, never mind. Reminding you of your comments vs. your comments now does not in any way imply you were to blame for the previous manager's departure. If anybody else can make that connection then feel free to let me know where that's come from. Until then, wow. I'm baffled.

I don't think results are the only thing that matters if we are seeing signs of improvement and progression.

That was my complaint under Monk we looked disorganised from the start to the end of his regime.

I feel like we are seeing a shape and pattern to the team already under Pulis, I think we've looked better in each game we've played and the signs are positive. Saturday's game was just one of those days, we should have won comfortably and I left the ground upbeat rather than dejected.

If anyone was in doubt about the "Challenge" on Braithwaite:

https://twitter.com/EverythingMFC/status/952227604043530240

The only way I can look at that any other way than a penalty is if the referee adjudges Braithwaite's arm swing as being a foul before Kalas responds by throwing him to the ground. But he didn't give anything. His actions ruled out a penalty and to play on, nothing more.

There are definitely positives to be taken from the loss on Saturday as there was a clear plan that nearly worked. We really should have scored at least a couple and any Fulham goal should have been a consolation. We got sucker punched with some bad luck at the end to take away the point.. that happens in football. If the team plays like that most weeks and finishes better then we will 100% have improved and will win most games.

Most of the defeats (even some wins) under Monk I came away struggling to understand what we were even trying to do... and not feeling optimistic at all that things would improve. What positives could be taken from the Millwall defeat.. same issues as the previous however many games, zero progression in half a season.

To be fair to Gestede we improved vs Preston on when he came on and scored against Sunderland last week. I think after he went off we struggled to hold up the ball and allowed Fulham back into the game although that could have been due to the team as a whole tiring.

I think Assombalonga if he isn't scoring hasn't been offering much more of late although I probably would still like to see him start for us.

We did improve with Gestede vs Preston.. but that was also coupled with Adama moving to the right and Shotton solidifying the right-back spot. He also had much more support with Bamford on the pitch, instead of Guedioura.

But again Britt wasn't making the runs or defending from the front and he wasn't able to hold up the ball when coming deep. Gestede improved the team in that game just as much if not more than the Bamford change.

Britt looked a bit brighter when he came on on Saturday so I'm hoping he takes the chance Gestede has all but handed to him and makes sure he deserves to keep his place in the team on game-by-game merit. He can't have been happy being dropped but he has to realise that was as much down to him as it was Gestede's impact. I'm sure Pulis has told him as much.