oneBoro Forum
Borodane

Boro vs Fulham 0-1

Gestede should have scored, Norwood bad backpass and Gestede totally screwed up his control.

That early chance for Gestede! Christ. Should have been 1-0 up. But we are pressing them well and getting forward. Traore already doing some great wing play

We need to take advantage of this good start though, Fulham can't play this bad all game.

Gestede should have scored twice now but at least hes got in the correct position i suppose.

First free kick and yellow for Fulham after a burst by Traore. Looks on fire today.

• Latest Posts

• It does make sense because it takes away having even to look up before passing, for a midfielder under pressure that must be a huge help. But that just shows also how switched on they have to be, if they make a run up the pitch a second too late they will be out of position. I remember the secret footballer also said a similar thing ages ago. When you see players hit a cross field pass to apparently nobody and it goes out of play, it’s the other player that’s messed up as he was supposed to be there.
    • Nobby Stiles has passed away.  World Cup winner and spent a couple of years with Boro as well.  RIP Nobby.
    • Wouldn't be that surprised Pep has a similar philosophy. He told the Barca lads if you pass it to the right place and the player isn't there it's not your fault. He also chastised Henry once even though he scored.   Edit found link to interview https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2015/12/25/18690882/thierry-henry-explains-pep-guardiolas-secret-tactic-formula
    • You know Burrell I think he deserves a chance in the FA cup in January or even against Wycombe. As he seems to score lots for u23 is 19 so time for him to get a chance especially with us having limited attacking options
    • It’s not about writing his whole career off, just that judging by his games last season he’s simply not ready to be a regular here. As I said a loan was the best move for everyone, it’s up to him now to prove himself and he will get the chance to do that. Tgeres so much more than just pure football ability, setting up for a game is almost like being in school. Taking mental notes of where you have to be on the pitch during different phases of play etc. If a player decides to take no notice then during the game they will disrupt the whole game plan. No manager will pick them. There was one player who did an interview a couple of years ago and mentioned a manager who would stop training sessions because a player was a couple of ft away from where he wanted him. I did wonder if it was Karanka he was talking about.