oneBoro Forum

Quite a lot of changes being made this month and one potentially massive one

What did he say please mate?

I have just seen a snippet about Britt costing x amount so should be putting away his chances. As for the question and context I am afraid I don't know.

Needs to concentrate more on the big lump that he chose to start the game.

Two bad misses from Gestede. Is he the perfect solution to that role? No. Is he a better option than Britt? Yes.

No. Not in any way.

You don't think that Gestede is a better option in this system than Britt. Can you explain the reasons for this opinion citing examples of when Britt has improved the teams performance or when we have scored more goals or even examples of link up play?

I just do not see it. We have performed much better as a team when Gestede had been on in place of Britt.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just seen a snippet about Britt costing x amount so should be putting away his chances. As for the question and context I am afraid I don't know.

Two bad misses from Gestede. Is he the perfect solution to that role? No. Is he a better option than Britt? Yes.

No. Not in any way.

You don't think that Gestede is a better option in this system than Britt. Can you explain the reasons for this opinion citing examples of when Britt has improved the teams performance or when we have scored nore goals or even examples of link up play?

I just do not see it. We have performed much better as a team when Gestede had bern on in place of Britt.

Both of them are poor. Gestede with back to goal is nothing short of shocking and Britt can’t hold the ball up or win much in the air.

Britt is most natural goalscorer.

Makes no difference either way we still aren’t good enough in final 3rd whoever plays.

No. Not in any way.

You don't think that Gestede is a better option in this system than Britt. Can you explain the reasons for this opinion citing examples of when Britt has improved the teams performance or when we have scored nore goals or even examples of link up play?

I just do not see it. We have performed much better as a team when Gestede had bern on in place of Britt.

Our best chances today came from balls over the top and balls along the floor for the striker to run on to. There's no denying that Britt is better at those kind of opportunities. Whatever our 'system' is, we're not actually playing to Gestedes strengths, so right now I believe Britt is a far better option. Start actually putting it up to his head then Gestede is definitely better.

You could have posted your thoughts about who might leave and who we might sign in the transfer thread. You know, like everyone else.

Theres a transfer thread?

Ok, you have me banged to rights then. Take me straight to jail. Does it really matter to so many of you that a new member makes a new thread regarding opinions that could possibly be split up and assigned to different pre-existing threads? How far back do we go when searching for these existing threads?

I suggest those complaining find something a little more worthwhile to vent about than this. Very odd behaviour indeed.

Back on topic, has anyone heard Pulis' post match words in full?

The transfer thread is on the first page ffs.

No doubting Britt is the better goalscorer but is this about Britt or about the team? Surely we select the striker that most improves the performances and success rate of the team don't we? In my opinion we have looked much better with Gestede playing than Britt playing. Do you not agree with that?

Ravanelli was one of the top scorers in the league in 96/97 but it didn't do us any good did it? We were relegated. It should always be about team performance and team success. If we score more goals and collect more points with Gestede in the team ahead of Britt then surely we go with the former. It's a no brainer.

You could have posted your thoughts about who might leave and who we might sign in the transfer thread. You know, like everyone else.

Ok, you have me banged to rights then. Take me straight to jail. Does it really matter to so many of you that a new member makes a new thread regarding opinions that could possibly be split up and assigned to different pre-existing threads? How far back do we go when searching for these existing threads?  

I suggest those complaining find something a little more worthwhile to vent about than this. Very odd behaviour indeed.  

The transfer thread is on the first page ffs.

I can only see something about Karanka and I don't want to talk about him ffs

My stats might be wrong.

But Gestede has scored 4 goals (2 League) in a year.

Assombolonga has scored 12 goals (12 League) in six months.

For me, that is enough reason to argue which one deserves to start.

No doubting Britt is the better goalscorer but is this about Britt or about the team? Surely we select the striker that most improves the performances and success rate of the team don't we? In my opinion we have looked much better with Gestede playing than Britt playing. Do you not agree with that?

Ravanelli was one of the top scorers in the league in 96/97 but it didn't do us any good did it? We were relegated. It should always be about team performance and team success. If we score more goals and collect more points with Gestede in the team ahead of Britt then surely we go with the former. It's a no brainer.

I would buy this argument if Downing/Braithwaite/Traore/Howson/etc had scored bucket loads with Gestede on the pitch.

How many do they have between when Rudy leads the line?

I would buy this argument if Downing/Braithwaite/Traore/Howson/etc had scored bucket loads with Gestede on the pitch.

No point having a target man if players don’t run in behind.

Do any of our midfielders/attacking midfielders get beyond the centre forward regularly?

How many do they have  between when Rudy leads the line?

I concede that 4 games is too short a run of matches to form a true opinion of which striker improves the team performances the most. However, judging by what I have seen we look much more solid and much more threatening with Gestede up top. 

We looked much better with him in the side today. We looked a million times better with him in the side at Preston. There was a very clear difference in how the team played when each striker was on the pitch.

I would not argue with anyone about who is the best striker of the two. It is Britt every single time. But that is not the point of this debate and I don't think Tony Pulis will be placing a greater emphasis on goals scored by each striker over team success.

Perhaps there is a way that Pulis can alter his tactics slightly and look to hit the channels for Britt to run onto. He likes playing on the shoulder of the last defender so it could work. But why should he change his tactics to accommodate one player? Surely it is more prudent to sign players that fit the managers tried and tested system.

I see Gestede as a second choice striker in this system. We need a better striker than him but they must have the same qualities only to a higher level. Look at the way Ranieri played when he won the title with Leicester. He had Jamie Vardy running in behind the defenders. It was hugely successful but would it have worked with Harry Kane in there instead of Vardy?

Kane is undoubtedly the better striker but he can not make the runs with such pace like Vardy can. Thats really a simplified example of what I am trying to say about Britt and his suitability for our current set up.

It's bang to rights, not banged to rights.

Yes, we have threads for numerous topics. But most importantly you claimed knowledge in a specific area, in a title which turned out to be complete bull5H1T.

How many do they have  between when Rudy leads the line?

Do any of our midfielders/attacking midfielders get beyond the centre forward regularly?

Traore and Braithwaite do and Howson is getting much further forward.