oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. QPR (A) 3-0 (Ayala, Friend, Traore)

What team would you put out for this game?

gk - Randolph, rb - Christie cb Gibson cb Fry lb Fabio/friend cm Leadbitter cm Howson Rw troare cam and lw Downing or braithwaite doesnt matter which way around st Rudy

When was the last time Boro won a game with a dubious decision?

Carling cup final, zenden with double kick from the spot. Btw im joking but i cant remember many recently tbh.

First goalscorer and score predictions?

1-1 qpr to get the first then park the bus, leadbitter last equaliser with a rocket.

Can Boro replicate the Golden Era of the 15/16 Season with Tony Pulis in the director's seat?

Not with this team currently

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

gk - Randolph, rb - Christie cb Gibson cb Fry lb Fabio/friend cm Leadbitter cm Howson Rw troare cam and lw Downing or braithwaite doesnt matter which way around st Rudy  

Why would you drop Shotton thomas, out of interest? 

He's barely put a foot wrong since he came into the side.

Why would you drop Shotton, thomas? 

He's barely put a foot wrong since he came into the side.

I don't really think we have any other option but to play him at the moment, Christie was poor in his last 2 outings and doesn't really seem to fit what Pulis wants from his fullbacks. Particularly playing behind Traore, who is getting better at tracking back into the defensive block, Shotton is definitely more disciplined and has been nothing but solid defensively. The only thing that is frustrating about him is he is desperately poor on the ball for a fullback. Against Fulham his distribution was shocking, I lost count of how many times he gave the ball away, with passes that didn't even look close to any of our players. Having since checked his pass completion was only 36%! He only made 12 complete passes out of 36 in the 90 minutes. To put that in perspective Traore's was the next worse % at 54. I'm hoping they're looking at a few names that are more comfortable with the ball, naturally suited to the fullback role and fit Pulis' physical requirements.

Britt will get his chance after Rudy's horror show finishing!

-------------------- Randolph ------------------

-- Shotton --- Ayala -- Gibson --- Friend --

---------- Leadbitter ---- Howson ----------- 

-- Traore ------ Downing ----- Braithwaite --

---------------- Assombalonga -----------------

Britt will get his chance after Rudy's horror show finishing!

-------------------- Randolph ------------------

-- Shotton --- Ayala -- Gibson --- Friend --

---------- Leadbitter ---- Howson ----------- 

-- Traore ------ Downing ----- Braithwaite --

---------------- Assombalonga -----------------

No chance. Pulis slated Britt’s finishing after the match.

The interviewer specifically asked him about Britts miss, it was a ***ty question and poor 'journalism' by the amateurs at BBC Tees. Why did he ignore the 2 glaring misses by 6 million Gestede? And 1 by 9 million Braithwaite? Pulis responded saying he will be upset to miss that chance as that's why he was brought to the club at such a cost, then moved on to talk about how many other chances we had. Hardly a slating.

The interviewer specifically asked him about Britts miss, it was a ***ty question and poor 'journalism' by the amateurs at BBC Tees. Why did he ignore the 2 glaring misses by 6 million Gestede? And 1 by 9 million Braithwaite? Pulis responded saying he will be upset to miss that chance as that's why he was brought to the club at such a cost, then moved on to talk about how many other chances we had. Hardly a slating.

Not sure it was poor journalism. It’s got people talking

Yes, odd all round.

When through on goal, Britt was unlucky to hit the bar whereas Big Rudy just kind of fell over the ball.

Hope Britt gets a chance now the side has settled a bit.

Yes, odd all round.

When through on goal, Britt was unlucky to hit the bar whereas Big Rudy just kind of fell over the ball.

Britt would have scored both the chances Gestede missed, I doubt you'd even see Gestede in the position to miss the one that Britt did.

Yes, odd all round.

Britt would have scored both the chances Gestede missed, I doubt you'd even see Gestede in the position to miss the one that Britt did.

This is why I didn't get starting Gestede over Britt, Fulham are a possession side which would mean more space in behind on the break, seemed like the game for him.

From what I remember QPR played quite a high line, so I'd go for Britt to start this one.

Not just because I am going to the game I will be disappointed if we do not get the three points from the game.

To be honest I feel we are not too far from being a good solid team once again and we will be difficult to beat.

Yes, odd all round.

Would he?  He didn't manage it at Forest or Wolves or against Burton etc.  I'm not fan of Gestede, let's face it he is what he is, but Britt has missed easy chances this season and will miss them again.  He wasn't unlucky against Fulham either, he had a relatively easy chance and just messed it up.

Yes, odd all round.

Would he?  He didn't manage it at Forest or Wolves or against Burton etc.  I'm not fan of Gestede, let's face it he is what he is, but Britt has missed easy chances this season and will miss them again.  He wasn't unlucky against Fulham either, he had a relatively easy chance and just messed it up.

Britts chance was significantly harder than both of Gestedes. I'm confident Britt would've finished Gestedes 1v1.

It wasn't significantly harder. He's a professional footballer not some bloke playing for a pub side. I reckon most on here could have put that away.

If I say I'm confident he wouldn't have finished it then does that mean I'm right? Of course not as there's no way of proving or disproving it. I've given you examples of one v one chances he's had this season that he didn't score from and indeed didn't even hit the target with. But of course he would have scored this time...just because? :)