oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. QPR (A) 3-0 (Ayala, Friend, Traore)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

It wasn't significantly harder. He's a professional footballer not some bloke playing for a pub side. I reckon most on here could have put that away.

If I say I'm confident he wouldn't have finished it then does that mean I'm right? Of course not as there's no way of proving or disproving it. I've given you examples of one v one chances he's had this season that he didn't score from and indeed didn't even hit the target with. But of course he would have scored this time...just because? :)

Did I say you can't think what you do? No, so just calm down mate. My opinion is that Britt would've finished Gestedes chance.

As for most on here being able to finish it, don't be silly. I completely disagree re the difficulty of the two chances, I seriously worry about your football knowledge if you think both are of similar difficulties.

We can talk about how many chances Britt misses, but he's still got one of the best shot conversion rates in the division (22%). He has off days, but has scored a lot of crucial goals for us this year and I think he deserves to start.

Did I say you can't think what you do? No, so just calm down mate. My opinion is that Britt would've finished Gestedes chance.

As for most on here being able to finish it, don't be silly. I completely disagree re the difficulty of the two chances, I seriously worry about your football knowledge if you think both are of similar difficulties.

Did I say that you said that I can't think what I do?  No, so what are you talking about?  I said that as it can't be proved or disproved either way then our opinions are irrelevant.  It's utterly meaningless what either of us think is my point.

Most on here could finish that - yes I do think that - but it's my opinion and can't be proved or disproved hence it's again meaningless.  I reckon I've scored 7 or 8 goals like that and missed one that I can think of and I'm definitely not a professional footballer.  All he had to do was lob it over the keeper but he over-hit it and it hit the bar.  

I didn't say that the two chances were the same difficulty, I said it wasn't significantly harder.  

Finally, please don't worry about my football knowledge as I have to believe you have greater concerns in your life than that.  As has been shown time and again on here, I know nothing about the game, which is why I'm consistently wrong about everything :)

We can talk about how many chances Britt misses, but he's still got one of the best shot conversion rates in the division (22%). He has off days, but has scored a lot of crucial goals for us this year and I think he deserves to start.

He also completely misses the target (not saved or blocked but completely misses) about 47% of the time, which is one of the worst percentages in the division, certainly of the players I've looked at and that includes other positions not just strikers.  I would say that's relevant when discussing whether someone would have taken a chance or not?

He's scored very few crucial goals for us if you really think about it.  He scored against the sides we were able to overpower, he still hasn't managed a goal against anyone decent yet (with the exception of his penalty at Leeds) and we still struggle to beat them all.  Even at Preston he was terrible, then we took him off and managed to turn it around and win without him on the pitch.  

He has two goals against Burton, two against Birmingham and three against Bolton - that's 7 of his 12 goals against 21st, 22nd and 23rd in the league.  That leaves 5 goals against the rest of the league - 1 against 20th, 1 against 19th, 1 against 18th.  He hasn't scored a goal in open play against anyone above 14th position in the league.  He has only scored one goal in his last nine games.  Now, as Will has quite rightly pointed out above, my football knowledge is sadly lacking but doesn't any of that raise a few alarms for a £15m striker who has played most of the minutes we've played this season?

I would like him to start tomorrow and bang in a hat-trick, I'd be delighted and as we're playing a not particularly good side I'd say there's at least a fair chance of him scoring tomorrow if he starts.  It won't change any of the above though and blaming all of our failings on everything but him seems a bit silly to my uneducated eye.  He misses a lot of chances, that's his fault and can't be blamed on anyone else even if it might feel better to say that the team is failing him somehow.  He's had the 5th most shots in the Championship this season and the vast majority of them (84%) were inside the penalty area.  I'm not even saying he's bad, simply that he is part of the problem and we really need him to sort it out.

Did I say that you said that I can't think what I do?  No, so what are you talking about?  I said that as it can't be proved or disproved either way then our opinions are irrelevant.  It's utterly meaningless what either of us think is my point.

Most on here could finish that - yes I do think that - but it's my opinion and can't be proved or disproved hence it's again meaningless.  I reckon I've scored 7 or 8 goals like that and missed one that I can think of and I'm definitely not a professional footballer.  All he had to do was lob it over the keeper but he over-hit it and it hit the bar.  

I didn't say that the two chances were the same difficulty, I said it wasn't significantly harder.  

Finally, please don't worry about my football knowledge as I have to believe you have greater concerns in your life than that.  As has been shown time and again on here, I know nothing about the game, which is why I'm consistently wrong about everything :)

I don't like the new victim CT

Bit like Andy Cole though, isn't it? If a lad is missing 2/3 ccc a game, but still one of the top scorers in the division, then he's getting himself into positions that other aren't - and that's the key to his goals tally.

As frustrating as Britt can be, he's in the right place far more often than any of our other striking options. People remember Yakubu as an almost godly entity, but the reality was that he turned up infrequently but, when he did, he was phenomenal. It's much better to have a striker who scores 3 singular goals across 4 games than a striker who scores a Hat-Trick in one of those, then bugger all in the other 3.

Bit like Andy Cole though, isn't it? If a lad is missing 2/3 ccc a game, but still one of the top scorers in the division, then he's getting himself into positions that other aren't - and that's the key to his goals tally.

As frustrating as Britt can be, he's in the right place far more often than any of our other striking options. People remember Yakubu as an almost godly entity, but the reality was that he turned up infrequently but, when he did, he was phenomenal. It's much better to have a striker who scores 3 singular goals across 4 games than a striker who scores a Hat-Trick in one of those, then bugger all in the other 3.

But he has scored most of his goals in only a few of the games he's played.

Britt's chance last week wasn't difficult at all,The ball sat up perfectly for him all he had to do was lift it over the keeper into an empty net.

He is a very limited footballer that's a fact and when he isn't scoring he's contributing very little to the team, his work rate also seems to have dropped recently.

I said weeks ago on here that his place would be under threat and got told I was wrong. Some people see the goal record and very little else with him.

I think all of this arguing over who should start between Britt and Gestede misses the point.

Neither should, and Bamford should be our main striker. He’s easily the most talented of the three.

The only way one of them should play is if we play two up front, then I’d pick one to support Paddy. Probably Gestede as he’d suit Pulis Ball more.

I think all of this arguing over who should start between Britt and Gestede misses the point.

Neither should, and Bamford should be our main striker. He’s easily the most talented of the three.

The only way one of them should play is if we play two up front, then I’d pick one to support Paddy. Probably Gestede as he’d suit Pulis Ball more.

I think Bamford's our best striker, but even though I'm a fan of his I'm starting to wonder what the problem is if another manager doesn't rate him.