oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. QPR (A) 3-0 (Ayala, Friend, Traore)

Slow start, QPR the better team for first 15 or so but really didn't threaten beyond a long range shot.

As soon as we scored we cruised the rest of the half. Need to keep up the intensity for the 2nd half, maybe try and grab a 3rd.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Once we settled we’ve bossed this. Traore moves to the left and now running the show. He will score today I reckon.

And that goal from George. It’s one of them that if a Messi scored it would be goal of decade.

I wonder how far offside Bamford was there - also I know you can't be offside if an opposition player plays it, does that count with deflections or just intentional passes?

You cannot be "how far offside" it's like being pregnant....you either are or you aren't...

have a look at this

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

•  
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

• interfering with an opponent by:

• preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • challenging an opponent for the ball or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close to him when this action impacts on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

•  
  • gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:

• rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar, match official or an opponent
    • been deliberately saved by any opponent

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area)

I prefer Cloughy's  idea of offside....if you are on the pitch you are interfering with play....if not you shouldn't be on the pitch

Forest leading 2 nil.....has Karanka realised that it's goals that get you points?,,,,,pity he didn't realise that at Boro we may not have been in the Champs

We scored quite a lot under Karanka in the Championship, the main problem last season was our players weren't good enough to play anything other than defensively.

I think we were always the lowest scorers in the top 6 under AK

I wonder how far offside Bamford was there - also I know you can't be offside if an opposition player plays it, does that count with deflections or just intentional passes?

You cannot be "how far offside" it's like being pregnant....you either are or you aren't...

have a look at this

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

• preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close to him when this action impacts on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or

• gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:

• rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar, match official or an opponent

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area)

I prefer Cloughy's  idea of offside....if you are on the pitch you are interfering with play....if not you shouldn't be on the pitch

My how far offside comment was simply that I think it was tight, not that it wasn't correct.

And my other question was because it deflected off a QPR defender and I wasn't sure if that was enough, but judging by the rules it does appear to need be intentional.

Good solid half that! And a cracking goal to top it off. As soon as we settled we controlled the tempo pretty comfortably. Nice to shut those two commentators up sharpish.

Only negative I'd say is Britt is losing every battle with their CBs. Tough job fighting for 50/50s and aerial balls on your own all afternoon but he's seemed pretty lightweight and just can't hold the ball up without committing a foul. If we had a proper focal point we'd be even more comfortable.

@DZ.....I cannot agree with what you said regarding goals scored under AK....we didn't score enough...so there is the proof.

Strangely today, the same thing was mentioned in the BHA v Chelsea....and I paraphrase......BHA has the least goals against them in their position in the league, a cracking defense record BUT they are where they are because they aren't scoring goals.

have a look at this

or

My how far offside comment was simply that I think it was tight, not that it wasn't correct.

And my other question was because it deflected off a QPR defender and I wasn't sure if that was enough, but judging by the rules it does appear to need be intentional.

its always either marginally offside or a mile offside.

No other measurement is allowed.

Forest leading 2 nil.....has Karanka realised that it's goals that get you points?,,,,,pity he didn't realise that at Boro we may not have been in the Champs

We scored quite a lot under Karanka in the Championship, the main problem last season was our players weren't good enough to play anything other than defensively.

9th top scorers in 2014/15, 8th top scorers in 2015/16 although that season didn't really have any high goal scoring teams.

Yeah it has to be intentional although I think that can mean something as simple as the defender looking to play the ball and then the ball deflecting off that player I think.

9th top scorers in 2014/15, 8th top scorers in 2015/16 although that season didn't really have any high goal scoring teams.

we scored more goals in our promotion season then Hudds did.....

@Brunners....For some reason, I cannot reply to you answer.....

But I could not agree more with you.....this is why I am looking forward to AVR becoming a feature in this game.....I'm a rugby league fan too and video ref works well there.....so maybe it wasn't offside and should have been 3 up now.....just like out pen shouts last week....still Mighty Boro are leading up to now UTB