oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. QPR (A) 3-0 (Ayala, Friend, Traore)

My how far offside comment was simply that I think it was tight, not that it wasn't correct.

And my other question was because it deflected off a QPR defender and I wasn't sure if that was enough, but judging by the rules it does appear to need be intentional.

Yeah it has to be intentional although I think that can mean something as simple as the defender looking to play the ball and then the ball deflecting off that player I think.

Interesting..wonder if that should have not been offside in that case.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

@DZ..... I cannot agree with what you said regarding goals scored under AK....we didn't score enough...so there is the proof.

Strangely today, the same thing was mentioned in the BHA v Chelsea....and I paraphrase......BHA has the least goals against them in their position in the league, a cracking defense record BUT they are where they are because they aren't scoring goals.

What proof is that? We scored plenty of goals, more than Huddersfield did when they got promoted last season as ladyspite pointed out. Forest will be better off for having Karanka as their manager, any team in the Championship probably would.

@ladyspite

so how come every football pundit said we weren't scoring enough goals....or was it that there were better clubs at defending that us....maybe AK was the defensive master he though he was....or shall we blame it on Agnew or the rest of the team...........I hate to drag up old games but AK failed to take advantage of our fairly easy first 6 games where AK could have attacked and put a few points in the bank.....However, that is history and this is now

we scored more goals in our promotion season then Hudds did.....

And fewer than lots of other teams that won promotion.  Huddersfield finished 5th last season didn't they?  They didn't win automatic promotion as we did.

@ladyspite

so how come every football pundit said we weren't scoring enough goals....or was it that there were better clubs at defending that us....maybe AK was the defensive master he though he was....or shall we blame it on Agnew or the rest of the team...........I hate to drag up old games but AK failed to take advantage of our fairly easy first 6 games where AK could have attacked and put a few points in the bank.....However, that is history and this is now

You're talking about last season where of course we didn't score enough goals. Karanka isn't managing in the Premier League right now, the point is his teams score plenty at THIS level.

@ladyspite

Are we talkng PL or Championship?

There was two different Karankas. Karanka  did well in Championship and for all I know, Forest is in the Championship :)

Well to all, I was happy when AK came....new blood a fresh approach BUT I soon found out he was not the man for Boro....anyway I have said as much in the Gazette over the years so I'm not going into those arguments again.....some loved AK I hated him....Charltongate should have told you what he was.

we scored more goals in our promotion season then Hudds did.....

And fewer than lots of other teams that won promotion.  Huddersfield finished 5th last season didn't they?  They didn't win automatic promotion as we did.

No but they where talked about as a very attacking team who played fast attacking flow football like Dortmund and Liverpool ;)

QPR commentators convinced they should have a penalty, then with every replay seem to get less loud and confident about it.

True, although they are fairly well balanced with their commentary and are very complimentary of our team’s organisation.