oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. QPR (A) 3-0 (Ayala, Friend, Traore)

just looking at the table, we average 2 points a game from now we finish on 80 points. That gets us into play offs no bother. we can still do it having a bit of faith in us again now we have a real manager and leader in pulis.

I'm pretty confident we will finish 4th or 5th. The results under Pulis haven't improved as yet really but it's so clear the whole team is better organised and we have a system and plan. I'm sure we will rise up the table into a comfortable play off place. Wolves to go up automatically with Derby or villa.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

just looking at the table, we average 2 points a game from now we finish on 80 points. That gets us into play offs no bother. we can still do it having a bit of faith in us again now we have a real manager and leader in pulis.

The is sounding like the resurrection of the playoff snake might be needed, but don't want to jinx anything!

My first away game in a while yesterday and I really enjoyed it, we are starting to look like a decent side again.

We are starting to look like we did under Karanka again, very well organised with pace on the break.

Delighted for Traore and Friend, I've always been a big fan of George and hopefully this is the start of him getting back to the Friend of old.

I'll admit that it looks like I might be wrong with Traore, I've given him a bit of stick on here and didn't think we would see this level of consistency with him. If he can start to find some actual end product we could have a real diamond.

I’ll happily join the “Wrong about Traore” club too - amazing how different he has been under Pulis compared to Monk. The whole team looks re-energised and even when we’ve lost we have been organised and creating chances.

Playoff final v Villa could be interesting - wife’s a fan of the Villa (horrible team imo!)

Just returning to the important topic of the day, I was wondering the same thing about Rudy's name. I actually have a programme from Cardiff from 2013 when he played for them, which has him listed as Rudolphe Gestede.

Thanks Tom, it's good to know that some people are not just interested in what Karanka's up to or who hates which Boro players the most. :D

Rudy has to be short for Rudolph, I'm sure that Tom is short for Thomas, people don't christen their kids Steve or Bob, it's Steven or Robert. By the way did you know that Daisy is short for Margaret?

You say that but I found out yesterday that someone called Nikki actually has Nikki on her birth certificate when I totally expected it to be Nicola. What a crazy world we live in!

I’ll happily join the “Wrong about Traore” club too - amazing how different he has been under Pulis compared to Monk. The whole team looks re-energised and even when we’ve lost we have been organised and creating chances.

Playoff final v Villa could be interesting - wife’s a fan of the Villa (horrible team imo!)

I mean Traore and Monk was never a good partnership. Monk wanted players to think for themselves and Traore needs coaching. Hell, even Karanka couldn't get the best out of Traore, even though he made a big deal about needing to keep him in line every match, to the extent where he couldn't play on the opposite wing to the dugout.

It seems to me that Pulis has right now managed to simplify everything for him. Not over-coaching like Karanka did, not under-coaching like Monk, just giving him his instructions plain and simple and rallying the whole team around him too. So far, so good and let's hope it continues.

whether he was your cup of tea or not ,you cant deny weve got a proper manager in charge who knows what hes talking about, knows how to actually Manage players and has the ability to connect with all levels .  personally as with many others i suspect, i will have to accept that a fair few of the players that we bring in and ship out  in the next 8 months or so , might not be the most popular decisions but as long as they are for the good of the team shape and ethics  it will be worth accepting .  

great result yesterday but the most satisfying and pleasing thing is that  faith and optimism has now returned and we are looming large in the rear view of those currently above us ,

as well as ourselves the best or most dangerous teams that most others would like to not come up against at present are argueably  Fulham and Villa  given the squad and capabilities  and weve not got to face either anymore .

Really enjoyed yesterday, best away day for quite some time. We look dangerous from set pieces again. Having to mark Shotton Gibson and Ayala must be a headache.

Traore is improving so much.. not overhitting crosses anymore. Great cross to Gestede and to be fair keeper made a good save. The whole team went flying over to him after the goal which makes me think he must be a decent lad who is working hard in training.

I'd be a bit worried if I was Britt... Gestede got an assist and was unlucky not to score a couple.

I mean Traore and Monk was never a good partnership. Monk wanted players to think for themselves and Traore needs coaching. Hell, even Karanka couldn't get the best out of Traore, even though he made a big deal about needing to keep him in line every match, to the extent where he couldn't play on the opposite wing to the dugout.

It seems to me that Pulis has right now managed to simplify everything for him. Not over-coaching like Karanka did, not under-coaching like Monk, just giving him his instructions plain and simple and rallying the whole team around him too. So far, so good and let's hope it continues.

yep that's about right, I love that his instructions to traore were "run forward with the ball, and run forward without the ball".

How did Britt actually do yesterday? Watched the extended highlights on MFC website and barring Downing's 2nd half shot, did he contribute that much? Gestede could have scored 2 and set up 1 despite supposedly being a 'donkey' and only being on for about 20 minutes.

Same question re Bamford too. Didn't see much of him being involved, certainly not to justify dropping Braithwaite, but I didn't see the game as a whole so no idea how he helped.

traore was always a player we needed to just play every week. i've said it before he'd not improve if he doesnt play. now pulis plays him, probably told him his first name on teamsheet and put his arm round him. bam he's looking like part of the team. easy stuff from pulis made well erm easy. i think monk was waiting for him to get better while training. the more i look at the team now to more inept monk seems. totally out of his depth on so many levels.

How did Britt actually do yesterday? Watched the extended highlights on MFC website and barring Downing's 2nd half shot, did he contribute that much? Gestede could have scored 2 and set up 1 despite supposedly being a 'donkey' and only being on for about 20 minutes.

Same question re Bamford too. Didn't see much of him being involved, certainly not to justify dropping Braithwaite, but I didn't see the game as a whole so no idea how he helped.

i thought the same, both britt and paddy pretty anonymous it seemed to me. i have a feeling a few of our lads are going to struggle under pulis. a few out the door in the summer again. at least have several guys at the club who know the game now in pulis, megson etc. i doubt they will be spunking money on turkeys a third year in a row.

I actually thought Bamford had a pretty good game, was playing wide quite a lot, made some good runs, was involved in a lot of early build up, not necessarily the later stuff.

Could have scored a goal, just went ever so slightly early, it was a great finish though.

Britt had a quiet game, but I don't think he was as bad as he has been sometimes when he's not scoring.

I actually thought Bamford had a pretty good game, was playing wide quite a lot, made some good runs, was involved in a lot of early build up, not necessarily the later stuff.

Could have scored a goal, just went ever so slightly early, it was a great finish though.

Britt had a quiet game, but I don't think he was as bad as he has been sometimes when he's not scoring.

i never seen game, just listened to radio btw, hard to really have an opinion listening to those two rabbit on.