oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. QPR (A) 3-0 (Ayala, Friend, Traore)

How did Britt actually do yesterday? Watched the extended highlights on MFC website and barring Downing's 2nd half shot, did he contribute that much? Gestede could have scored 2 and set up 1 despite supposedly being a 'donkey' and only being on for about 20 minutes.

Same question re Bamford too. Didn't see much of him being involved, certainly not to justify dropping Braithwaite, but I didn't see the game as a whole so no idea how he helped.

i thought the same, both britt and paddy pretty anonymous it seemed to me. i have a feeling a few of our lads are going to struggle under pulis. a few out the door in the summer again. at least have several guys at the club who know the game now in pulis, megson etc. i doubt they will be spunking money on turkeys a third year in a row.

Megson? Are you sure about this?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

How did Britt actually do yesterday? Watched the extended highlights on MFC website and barring Downing's 2nd half shot, did he contribute that much? Gestede could have scored 2 and set up 1 despite supposedly being a 'donkey' and only being on for about 20 minutes.

Same question re Bamford too. Didn't see much of him being involved, certainly not to justify dropping Braithwaite, but I didn't see the game as a whole so no idea how he helped.

I actually thought Bamford had a pretty good game, was playing wide quite a lot, made some good runs, was involved in a lot of early build up, not necessarily the later stuff.

Could have scored a goal, just went ever so slightly early, it was a great finish though.

Britt had a quiet game, but I don't think he was as bad as he has been sometimes when he's not scoring.

I thought bamford was average. And Britt got out muscled and out played first half did a bit better second half but gestede did more in 20 mins

i thought the same, both britt and paddy pretty anonymous it seemed to me. i have a feeling a few of our lads are going to struggle under pulis. a few out the door in the summer again. at least have several guys at the club who know the game now in pulis, megson etc. i doubt they will be spunking money on turkeys a third year in a row.

Megson? Are you sure about this?

isnt he one of pulis's staff? thought he was.

I actually thought Bamford had a pretty good game, was playing wide quite a lot, made some good runs, was involved in a lot of early build up, not necessarily the later stuff.

Could have scored a goal, just went ever so slightly early, it was a great finish though.

Britt had a quiet game, but I don't think he was as bad as he has been sometimes when he's not scoring.

I thought bamford was average. And Britt got out muscled and out played first half did a bit better second half but gestede did more in 20 mins

I thought Bamford did alright. He worked reasonably well out wide, and got involved in the box a bit too. Made some good runs, and some decent passes. I thought Britt was pretty ineffective, but not all his fault. He seemed to have two big centre backs covering him for much of the time, and not too many of the balls were coming in to his feet.

Gestede was better... but a bit slow. Should have scored that through ball that he put past the keeper, but didn't quite get on to it fast enough, and / or didn't hit it hard enough.

A Britt/Gestede hybrid would be good.

I thought that Britt got bullied out of the game in the first half, he had a tough task playing pretty much on his own up top but he didn't win many aerial challenges or 50/50s from the balls forward, he didn't hold the ball up and gave away a few fouls trying to compete with their centre backs. Second half he was a bit better and managed to lay off a few balls. The way the game went, it seemed it became more suited to his game as it drew on, QPR committed men forward and there was a lot more space in their half. Whereas the first half seemed like it would have possibly suited Gestede's stature more. 

I thought Bamford did alright, he scored a goal which was given offside but there were no replays of the line, Pulis said it should have stood in his postmatch. Nothing much more going forward but we certainly saw a more disciplined side of his game with him tracking back to get into the defensive block when we lost possession. But ye, at the moment he's not offering as much as Braithwaite.

I thought that Britt got bullied out of the game in the first half, he had a tough task playing pretty much on his own up top but he didn't win many aerial challenges or 50/50s from the balls forward, he didn't hold the ball up and gave away a few fouls trying to compete with their centre backs. Second half he was a bit better and managed to lay off a few balls. The way the game went, it seemed it became more suited to his game as it drew on, QPR committed men forward and there was a lot more space in their half. Whereas the first half seemed like it would have possibly suited Gestede's stature more. 

I thought Bamford did alright, he scored a goal which was given offside but there were no replays of the line, Pulis said it should have stood in his postmatch. Nothing much more going forward but we certainly saw a more disciplined side of his game with him tracking back to get into the defensive block when we lost possession. But ye, at the moment he's not offering as much as Braithwaite.

Britt is no good with his back to goal. He wants it played into channels Gestede is much better with his back to goal As has been said a bit of both would be perfect

He did? That's interesting, I thought at the time it looked awfully close and there was 0 replays to show conclusively either way, think Paddy can feel a little hard done by because it was a really nice finish.

He did? That's interesting, I thought at the time it looked awfully close and there was 0 replays to show conclusively either way, think Paddy can feel a little hard done by because it was a really nice finish.

Ye he said that all the players had felt that it should have stood. And ye it was a great finish and an unbelievable assist from Traore, similar to the one for Gestede against Sunderland but from the other side.

Imagine Pulis being Boro manager in the 90's Juninho would be out on his ear.

He loves traore but wouldn’t like Juninho I don’t get that

I think he means because Juninho was 5'5"... Adama is 5'10"