oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. QPR (A) 3-0 (Ayala, Friend, Traore)

I agree with that Duvel. I was going to write something similar. I think what's for certain is we're no longer a possession based team which i think was the aim under Karanka and Monk. Traore's resurgence has helped with the direct nature of Pulis' game, along with long throws and utilisation of Gestede. In the Championship i don't think that's the worst thing in the world/

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

There's more than one type of long ball though isnt there, people talk about Pulis as if he's John Beck at Cambridge punting aimless balls into the corners.

I agree we get the ball forward quicker under Pulis than we did under Monk or Karanka I don't need stats to tell me that. I also don't need stats to tell me that we're not a long ball team with no other option, we mix things up and I've seen lots of good football with the likes of Downing and Traore coming inside and joining in with the play.

I posted on this topic this morning to refute the suggestion that he'd be anti-Juninho, it's either a windup or complete stupidity.

I know there is more than one type and I certainly wouldn't liken him to John Beck!  He'd have loved Juninho as he was a proper little hatchet man when he felt like it or he'd have sold Juninho as soon as he could and replaced him with Brian Deane - well we did that anyway, sort of  ;)

Is leadbitter passed it

I had half an hour so I watched the game again upto our first goal but kept a close eye on leadbitter

I was at the game and I thought he played well but as so many are claiming he didn’t and is finished I thought I’d rewatch him in case I had the rose tinted ones on

Based on the first half an hour I now think he played better than I first thought. He is the pivot in our team. He was the one player always available and restricted the space for qpr to play in. He stopped numerous breaks and attacks and kept us ticking over

The one part where he was worse than I thought was that he did give the ball away more than I remembered however he only gave the ball away when he went forward and long .

So for those claiming he gives the ball away a lot and only plays sideways and backwards. Well only one of those can be correct as non of his sideways and backwards passes led to him giving the ball away

Based on what I’ve just watched there’s a good chance we may not have won without him

Imagine Pulis being Boro manager in the 90's Juninho would be out on his ear.

He loves traore but wouldn’t like Juninho  I don’t get that

I think he means because Juninho was 5'5"... Adama is 5'10"

Correct sir, a little too small for Pulis me thinks.

Is leadbitter passed it

I had half an hour so I watched the game again upto our first goal but kept a close eye on leadbitter

I was at the game and I thought he played well but as so many are claiming he didn’t and is finished I thought I’d rewatch him in case I had the rose tinted ones on

Based on the first half an hour I now think he played better than I first thought.   He is the pivot in our team. He was the one player always available and restricted the space for qpr to play in.  He stopped numerous breaks and attacks and kept us ticking over

The one part where he was worse than I thought was that he did give the ball away more than I remembered however he only gave the ball away when he went forward and long .

So for those claiming he gives the ball away a lot and only plays sideways and backwards. Well only one of those can be correct as non of his sideways and backwards passes led to him giving the ball away

Based on what I’ve just watched there’s a good chance we may not have won without him

I'm like 99% sure he made at least one really ***ty 5 yard square pass deep inside our half that lead to a QPR break, and I'm pretty sure it was in the first half too - at some point I'm sure I'll find it, but watching ~15 minutes of a game doesn't exactly tell you how well he played for the whole game does it.

I assume that most be a joke about Pulis not liking someone like Juninho.

Juninho does not fit the type of player Pulis prefers despite how superb he was, prefers a lot more physical and taller player which is the total opposite of Juninho.

Is leadbitter passed it

Based on the first half an hour I now think he played better than I first thought.   He is the pivot in our team. He was the one player always available and restricted the space for qpr to play in.  He stopped numerous breaks and attacks and kept us ticking over

I'm like 99% sure he made at least one really ***ty 5 yard square pass deep inside our half that lead to a QPR break, and I'm pretty sure it was in the first half too - at some point I'm sure I'll find it, but watching ~15 minutes of a game doesn't exactly tell you how well he played for the whole game does it.

There’s 30 min in half an hour :)

Just saying that watching it again more or less reinforced my original view

Juninho does not fit the type of player Pulis prefers despite how superb he was, prefers a lot more physical and taller player which is the total opposite of Juninho.

Yeah you're probably right, I think he'd hate Pele as well.

Yeah you're probably right, I think he'd hate Pele as well.

He’d have put maradona in the ressies

Im just imagining Pulis on the training ground with one of those sticks they used to use at Flamingo land to check whether you were tall enough to go on a rollercoaster.

Is leadbitter passed it

Oh my mistake, I read your first sentence saying up to our first goal, thought it was 10 minutes earlier than it was.

Still, 24 minutes (if you did only watch up to the first goal) seems a little pointless.

Is leadbitter passed it

Oh my mistake, I read your first sentence saying up to our first goal, thought it was 10 minutes earlier than it was.

Still, 24 minutes (if you did only watch up to the first goal) seems a little pointless.

Pointless ? Watching half an hour of a game doesn’t give an idea how people are playing. Especially when I’ve already watched the game. So it just reinforced my thoughts.

Try watching half an hour yourself and let me know what you think

How much knowledge does 30 mins of watching on TV/stream actually equate to when watching it live though? Is it like for like so 30 mins equals 30 mins or perhaps it should be less so maybe a 3:1 ratio meaning 30 mins of TV/stream knowledge equals 10 mins of watching it live knowledge? Can somebody please let me know as this sort of stuff fascinates me.