oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. QPR (A) 3-0 (Ayala, Friend, Traore)

Watching it on tv equates to zero percent of watching it in a stadium, mayswell not bother.

If your only gonna watch it on tv don't bother, follow a new team.

Because that was the argument he was trying to have??

Both have advantages in my opinion, getting the overall team shape, formation when attacking and defending/ watching players runs or overall work rate is massively easier to pick up on in person.

Keeping an eye on an individual players performance, or quality can be easier on tv especially if watching it when getting home from the match where you might have been watching a different player or had a couple :)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I assume that most be a joke about Pulis not liking someone like Juninho.

Juninho does not fit the type of player Pulis prefers despite how superb he was, prefers a lot more physical and taller player which is the total opposite of Juninho.

Yeah you're probably right, I think he'd hate Pele as well.

No I think the physically built powerful Pele may just have been just up Pulis's street, especially given his excellent heading ability to go with his other undoubtedly brilliant skills. and the fact his rated he best player ever lived by most.

Watching it on tv equates to zero percent of watching it in a stadium, mayswell not bother.

I live ~6 hours away from Middlesbrough and so can't watch in the stadium.

Where do I hand my support badge in, oh mighty real fan, Pork Slops?

Indeed. Another arrogant 'our support is better than yours' post. There are people in Middlesbrough who could live 5 minutes from the stadium who might not be able to afford going to watch them vs. watching a live stream or on the TV at a pub or something.

It's not just that either. Even if it's not as bad as 'go follow a new team', it's almost always a case of we might as well not bother offering our opinion compared to people who go to the stadium. Perhaps we should open a new sub-forum for those of us who can't financially justify watching the football at the stadiums. We can call it 'oneBoro peasants'.

I'd say at an understanding of football should be equally important as physical attendance. Otherwise we can have a bunch of rich, clueless fans who have a 'fuller picture' to utilise to throw around their ignorant opinions. ;)

I am 99.9% sure this is sarcasm.

But I’m bored of the live v tv debate. I live a thousand miles away from Boro so I only get to see Boro on Tv. I have a bigger appreciation of a match when I see it live. That’s my take on it. Obviously instant replays and different angles gives tv its own values.

But looking back over this debate I dong recall anyone saying your opinion has less value just it may very different to someone who watched it live.

Think it’s a bit of a storm in a teacup personally :s

Indeed. Another arrogant 'our support is better than yours' post. There are people in Middlesbrough who could live 5 minutes from the stadium who might not be able to afford going to watch them vs. watching a live stream or on the TV at a pub or something.

It's not just that either. Even if it's not as bad as 'go follow a new team', it's almost always a case of we might as well not bother offering our opinion compared to people who go to the stadium. Perhaps we should open a new sub-forum for those of us who can't financially justify watching the football at the stadiums. We can call it 'oneBoro peasants'.

Hehe. Sarcasm alert ;)

But I’m bored of the live v tv debate. I live a thousand miles away from Boro so I only get to see Boro on Tv. I have a bigger appreciation of a match when I see it live. That’s my take on it. Obviously instant replays and different angles gives tv its own values.

But looking back over this debate I dong recall anyone saying your opinion has less value just it may very different to someone who watched it live.

Thought it was pretty clear it was sarcastic as the ideas expressed in my post are so farfetched, maybe I wasn't quite obnoxious enough for it to be obviously a joke.

Fair point with PS. But Humpty has absolutely devalued opinions based on where you watched the game, back in the Friend vs Fabio debate.

You support as and when you can, you will follow Boro throughout your life which is tantamount to supporting the team with the same emotion albeit that you are not there.

I imagine BD and Uwe feel the same excitement when we score as those who are in the ground I know I do when I can not make a game

We're all equal supporters and worth the same if you can say that. However you can't deny that going to a game and focussing your attention on various stuff gives you a more in depth valuation. There is a reason why clubs send professional scouts, managers etc. to actually watch a player after they have identified them as potential targets. I imagine they go to watch how the players interacts with his teammates, does he keep the shape off the ball, how is his positioning when the other team has the ball, does he follow the instructions of his manager - all things that is really hard to pick up on a screen. It doesn't make the persons opinion worth more, but you can't deny that it is probably better informed.

We're all equal supporters and worth the same if you can say that. However you can't deny that going to a game and focussing your attention on various stuff gives you a more in depth valuation. There is a reason why clubs send professional scouts, managers etc. to actually watch a player after they have identified them as potential targets. I imagine they go to watch how the players interacts with his teammates, does he keep the shape off the ball, how is his positioning when the other team has the ball, does he follow the instructions of his manager - all things that is really hard to pick up on a screen. It doesn't make the persons opinion worth more, but you can't deny that it is probably better informed.

we evolve as we get older. in my teens early 20's i'd be gutted to not be at a game. then i started working shifts and ended up missing half the home games for a few years. the difficulty getting to games because of work and the fact none of my mates ever went. for the 10 years i had a season ticket i was probably sat on my own for 7 of them. it sapped my enthusiasm. ironically i have more mates go now with their kids. maybe when mine get bigger i'll start going again. one of them keeps talking about going to the big stadium. but i know if i take him he'll get hooked. have to pickthe right game for him lol

Did i hear my name mentioned?