oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. QPR (A) 3-0 (Ayala, Friend, Traore)

Queens Park Rangers vs. Middlesbrough (Football Match)

From Rickypedia, the free encyclopedia 

Queens Park Rangers vs. Middlesbrough (or QPR vs. Boro) is an upcoming football match, starring Ben Gibson, Stewart Downing, Alex Smithies and Matt Smith. It is the sequel to the match Middlesbrough vs. Queens Park Rangers, which came out on the 16th December 2017, a game that finished 3-2 to the hosts. There is a new director in the Middlesbrough seat, with Tony Pulis in charge of this one and Garry Monk relieved of his duties. His final production Sheffield Wednesday vs. Middlesbrough, did well at the points office but failed to charm the critics.

Plot

Hot off the heels of a defeat at the hands of Fulham, the Middlesbrough team travel down to the Capital to play Ian Holloway's QPR.

Reeling from a dubious decision that went against their team, Tony Pulis wants to make things right, by getting back to winning ways as soon as possible. Queens Park Rangers though are no pushovers, and have themselves got back to winning ways with victories over Cardiff and Burton Albion. Six of their eight victories this season have come at home.

Fans were eager to see if there would be another cameo made by Adam Clayton, and hope Marvin Johnson has been left on the cutting room floor.

Cast

• Darren Randolph as Goalkeeper
  • Ryan Shotton as Right Back                
  • Dani Ayala as Centre Back
  • Ben Gibson as Centre Back #2
  • George Friend as Left Back
  • Jonny Howson as Centre Mid
  • Grant Leadbitter as Centre Mid #2
  • Adama Traore as Attacking Right Mid
  • Martin Braithwaite as Attacking Central Mid
  • Stewart Downing as Attacking Left Mid
  • Britt Assombalonga as Forward

Rudy Gestede pitch-tested for the role of Forward, but his role was cut to Substitute... possibly.

The QPR Squad all play themselves.

Soundtrack

Main article: Middlesbrough (soundtrack)

1. He's Here by Patrick Rid***
  2. Start Slow by Ricky Rude
  3. In Too Deep by Sum 41
  4. He's Gone by Grateful Dead
  5. New Messiah by Fear Factory
  6. Long Ball by Nikonem
  7. Wrong Decision by Geoff Eltringham (Cover Version)

Trivia

• In the 48 productions between these two sides, Middlesbrough have won Best Win a number of 16 times, but have been ousted just by QPR who have 17 wins in the category. This is the chance for Boro to even things up.
  • Coincidentally, the first ever game between the two (a black and white 1913 release) ended 3-2 to Boro, the same score as it ended earlier this year, and also in 2016 at the same ground.
  • Adama Traore has the longest streak of Most Dribble wins but nothing coming fruitful in the Box Office.
  • QPR have scored the majority of their goals (35.5%) in the last 15 minutes of play. A fact Boro will need to be careful of given how they have collapsed recently in the final third act.

Queens Park Rangers vs. Middlesbrough will be released on the 20th January at 15:00. The film takes place at Loftus Road, London.

Discussion Topics

What team would you put out for this game?

When was the last time Boro won a game with a dubious decision?

First goalscorer and score predictions?

Can Boro replicate the Golden Era of the 15/16 Season with Tony Pulis in the director's seat?

Have we seen the end of Best Beard winner Adam Clayton?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I'd only switch Gestede out for Assombalonga

Yep. Though the rest of the team worked well against Fulham. All deserve another runout. I have no idea who QPR have at left wing but if they are weak there, then maybe a case for starting Christie at right back, but I suppose it’s important to stay solid at the back.

Think this could be a tough game, QPR are fifth in the form table and will be feeling confident at home. Personally I would like to see Britt come in for Braithwaite.

Playing as a lone frontman in a 4-2-3-1 is a big ask.. you're expected to be physically strong, good in the air, able to play with your back to goal, and also be able to finish with your head and feet. This is why players like Lukaku, Diego Costa and Lewandowski cost so much money and play for top top teams. If Gestede or Britt could do all of that they wouldn't be in the Championship.. so why not utilise both of their strengths together instead of having to choose between them.

I would love to see Britt playing off Gestede, lots of teams have been very successful in this division with two strikers. We can afford to now that the full backs actually defend, and Traore and Downing are arguably our two form players on the wings.

Clayton for Leadbitter. I think away from home Gestede remains the better choice to start with, onus will be on them to attack us and we'll need an outlet, poor finishing or not, no good having a better finisher on the pitch if we can't get the ball up to the bloke to begin with. I won't be disappointed to see Britt start but he needs to get back to his best quickly.

Clayton for Leadbitter. I think away from home Gestede remains the better choice to start with, onus will be on them to attack us and we'll need an outlet, poor finishing or not, no good having a better finisher on the pitch if we can't get the ball up to the bloke to begin with. I won't be disappointed to see Britt start but he needs to get back to his best quickly.

The other thing QPR do is play a huge amount of long balls & set pieces into the box - Gestede can be useful defensively as well if needed.

Know a season ticket holder at QPR who tells me it's a small pitch - so Traore might not get too much space either.

Tricky one all round really - wouldn't be surprised by a draw in a tight game

Great MDT.

I want Britt in for Rudy.

Would like to see Clayton in as well, but won't be too annoyed if Leadbitter starts again instead.

Queens Park Rangers vs. Middlesbrough (Football Match)

Superb thread!

Same team as last game, but would start with Britt instead of Gestede. I'd also consider Clayton in to start for Leadbitter.

Nov 2015, Boro 1-0 QPR with a stoppage time Leadbitter penalty?

Braithwaite, 2-1 Boro

Can Boro replicate the Golden Era of the 15/16 Season with Tony Pulis in the director's seat?

Its all about momentum, if we had won against Fulham I'd suggest so. Was morale badly impacted last week? Is that the spur of injustice enough to reverse the loss of confidence that we need to get people pulling in the same direction?

I suspect not

Clayton in for Leadbitter, Britt in for Rudy.

Sheff United second game of the season, although I think the linesman ended up being correct with that one.

2-0, Britt with both.

Continuity and a plan is what we need, Villa have changed their fortunes this year, it feels like we're still recovering from a god awful 2017 and just need slightly better performances across the board. Some confidence inspiring runs of victory and we can make a real charge on the top 2 in 18/19.

I really hope we haven't, the amount of clubs linked with him says it all about his value to the team... apart from "leadership", I'm not sure what Leadbitter does that's remotely close to the level Clayton can play at.

Very good opening thread.

No chance Assombalonga will come in for Gestede. Nil. Zero. Nought. No way. Jose.

What team would you put out for this game? 442

----------------Randolph.

Shotton - Ayala ---- Gibson - Friend

Traore --- Clayton - Howson - Downing

--------------Bamford - Gestede

First goalscorer and score predictions? Someone from QPR 2-0 them.

Can Boro replicate the Golden Era of the 15/16 Season with Tony Pulis in the director's seat? I'm not overly optimistic.

Have we seen the end of Best Beard winner Adam Clayton? Possibly yes, hopefully not.