oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Brighton (FA Cup) 0-1

Middlesbrough vs. Brighton and Hove Albion (Football Match)

From Rickypedia, the free encyclopedia 

Middlesbrough vs. Brighton and Hove Albion (or Boro vs. Albion) is an upcoming football match, starring Adama Traore, George Friend, Pascal Gross and the main villain from the previous instalment, Dale Stephens. Boro vs. Albion is a spin off 'FA Cup' game, and is not in the 'Championship' canon. It is a remake of the 2016 blockbuster Boro vs. Brighton, which finished 1-1, and propelled Boro into the Premier League franchise.

Plot

Travelling back home after an impressive and comfortable win against QPR, The Boro go home and prepare themselves for the return of Brighton and Hove Albion to the Riverside.

Last time out, the film was hailed as a major success, with critics citing the storyline, performances, Ramirez Stephens subplot and the ending as the best moments. Two years later though, Brighton are now in the Premier League while Boro are in the Championship.

Brighton had a great start to life in the Premier League, but just 1 win in the last 12 makes cause for concern, and the FA Cup could be a great path for them for some success this season.

Middlesbrough beat Sunderland 2-0, while Brighton beat Crystal Palace 2-1, to create this project in the 4th round.

Cast

• Darren Randolph as Goalkeeper

• Ryan Shotton as Right Back                

• Dani Ayala as Centre Back

• Ben Gibson as Centre Back #2

• George Friend as Left Back

• Jonny Howson as Centre Mid

• Grant Leadbitter as Centre Mid #2

• Patrick Bamford as Attacking Right Mid

• Stewart Downing as Attacking Central Mid

• Adama Traore as Attacking Left Mid

• Britt Assombalonga as Forward

The Brighton Squad all play themselves.

Accolades

Championship Goal Of The Week      George Friend     vs. QPR      WON

Championship Team Of The Week    George Friend      vs. QPR     Nominated

Championship Team Of The Week    Adama Traore      vs. QPR     Nominated

FIFA FUT Team Of The Week           George Friend     vs. QPR      Pending

Trivia

• In the 46 Productions of Boro vs. Brighton (and Brighton vs. Boro), Brighton have only tasted success on 9 occassions, with Boro winning 24 times.

• The first ever game between the two was in the FA Cup, and ended 1-1. The replay also ended 1-1. The second replay ended 3-1 to Middlesbrough. It is rumoured extra-time was created because of these two.

• Brighton have only scored 5 goals away from home all season, and haven't scored on the road since the 4th November. They have only won 2 away games all season.

Middlesbrough vs. Brighton and Hove Albion will be released on the 27th January at 15:00. The film takes place at the Riverside Stadium.

Discussion Topics

Would you put a full strength squad out for this FA Cup spinoff?

Will Adama Traore ever score again?

First goalscorer and score predictions?

Tune in this Saturday to find out...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Let's play a strong team here.

-------------Randolph--------------

Shotton-Gibson-Ayala-Friend

--------Howson-Clayton---------

Traore-Braithwaite-Downing

-----------------Britt------------------

2-1 Boro, with Britt and Braithwaite getting on the scoresheet.

I'd like to see Clayton start and give Leadbitter a rest. If Clayton is here to stay he needs some minutes. I also think Braithwaite deserves a shot behind the striker where he is most usefull. Up front I've gone with Britt as we could really do with him finding his scoring boots again. I wouldn't be disappointed if Gestede or Bamford are given the nod though.

Adama won't score but will be match winner in the next game against Wednesday :)

With a cast that good, should be an award winner - just hope there's no 'Best Actor' nominees (from both sides!).

This Traore chap - I imagine if he plays, he will score. We (I speak for the Blue & Whites - or yellowy green as we may well be on Saturday) are currently in the habit of ending bad runs of opponents, such as WBA's winless streak, until we come along.

Looks like Stephens has said he's keen to play, so the villain of the piece may well make a guest starring role.

As for the result - we will lose!

*Additional Discussion Topics*

Who are the biggest threats from the Brighton and Hove Albion side?

Do you see any upsets happening in the 4th round? Perhaps Wigan v West Ham or Notts County v Swansea.

---------------Randolph--------------

Shotton-Ayala-Fry-Friend

Christie-Bamford-Braithwaite

I've gone for a little more left field starting 11, giving Leadbitter, Gibson, Traore and Downing a rest... allowing Fry, Clayton, Bamford and Christie to get some game time in their legs.

Think it will be another year and a half before he scores again, but boy did he take that goal well, he even timed his run in behind perfectly! Maybe it wouldn't be the best time to rest him when he's on such form.

Going for a 1-1 Britt FGS and a replay which neither team will be particularly happy about.

---------------Randolph--------------

Shotton-Ayala-Fry-Friend

Christie-Bamford-Braithwaite

I've gone for a little more left field starting 11, giving Leadbitter, Gibson,  Traore and Downing a rest... allowing Fry, Clayton, Bamford and Christie to get some game time in their legs.  

Think it will be another year and a half before he scores again, but boy did he take that goal well, he even timed his run in behind perfectly! Maybe it wouldn't be the best time to rest him when he's on such form.

Going for a 1-1 Britt FGS and a replay which neither team will be particularly happy about.

It's for this reason that I'm hoping CH will throw caution to the wind for once and go for an attacking approach. We really don't need a replay, I think I'd rather we just went out this weekend!

Would you put a full strength squad out for this FA Cup spinoff?

- I would give Shotton, Leadbitter, and Downing rests for Tuesday. Chrisite, Braithwaite, and Clayton to come in.

Will Adama Traore ever score again?

- The goal should have done his confidence a world of good.. plus all the other players and the fans were clearly buzzing for him.

First goalscorer and score predictions?

- I think it will be a tight game and a draw... but hoping for a Boro 2-0 with Britt to find his scoring boots.

I see this as being the next stage of Clayton's reintegration into the team.

Him and Howson in the centre.

Gestede to start again to give Dunk something to think about.

Today I've read suggestions of Christie right wing and Fabio left wing - what's going on!

-------------------- Randolph ------------------

-- Shotton --- Ayala -- Gibson --- Friend --

---------- Clayton -------- Howson ----------- 

-- Traore ------- Gestede ----- Downing--

---------------- Assombalonga -----------------

The seagulls have only scored 17 goals in 24 league matches this year - I say let them attack us, we can soak it up and let Traore fly and have Britt on big Rudy's knockdowns.

We may not come up against Glenn Murray on saturday as him and his wife has been arrested in connection with an alledged tax fraud of 1.1 million.

Just means we'll probably face their new striker Locadia

i don't think we will do wholesale changes and might end up playing the same 11 that played against QPR but if we do changes with having Tuesday night in mind this is what i believe we could see.

----------------Randolph-------------

Christie-Shotton-Ayala-Friend

-----------Clayton---Howson----------

Traore--------Baker---------Johnson

--------------Assombalonga------------