• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

2 players who haven't started for TP yet will be starting tomorrow Dimi could be one the other??

Fry, Clayton are obvious choices. Johnson, Baker and Fletcher the others. I pray Johnson won't start though.

2 players who haven't started for TP yet will be starting tomorrow Dimi could be one the other??

Im not sure it will be Dimi, at least I hope not.

From The article.

Fabio da Silva, Dael Fry, Adam Clayton, Lewis Baker and Ashley Fletcher have not started games since Tony Pulis took over on Boxing Day, and two members of the quintet are set to line up tomorrow.

Pulis said: “I’ll make a few changes, but they won’t be wholesale changes. One or two players need to be given an opportunity and a chance to play, and they haven’t had that yet with me. So one or two will start that haven’t started so far.

Fry, Clayton are obvious choices. Johnson, Baker and Fletcher the others. I pray Johnson won't start though.

Fabio too. If he's not going anywhere, then Pulis may want to reintegrate him.

Fry only played for the U23s yesterday.

He could still start I suppose, but I imagine Pulis might want to keep Ayala and Gibson playing together.

Johnson can't leave as he has already played for two clubs this season so, taking his lack of footballing ability out of the equation, there is some logic in starting him. Johnson's confidence has looked completely shot when he has came off the bench so a start tomorrow could help with that. All of the other players are in with a decent chance of being sold or loaned out so we have little to gain by starting them. I still think we'd be open to loaning Fry and Fletcher out if we can get incomings. The others like Fabio, Clayton, Geudiora and Braithwaite will surely only go on permanent deals.

I'd like to see Braithwaite start as it will help Pulis to understand how to get the best out of him. He's probably the most likely to still be here after the window shuts as it sounds like Bordeaux don't have anywhere near enough money to afford him on a permanent deal.

Fabio too. If he's not going anywhere, then Pulis may want to reintegrate him.

Fry only played for the U23s yesterday.

He could still start I suppose, but I imagine Pulis might want to keep Ayala and Gibson playing together.

I expect he’ll give Clayton a start and rest Leadboots.

Who'd have thought by the time we play Brighton again that many of the Boro fans would hate Ramirez more than Brighton fans did? :D

What's the story with Ramirez then? I must have missed summat!

To cut a long story short, about a year ago, Leicester put a bid in for him, which we rejected.

He then basically started acting like a spoilt kid and playing to about 10% of his ability, which culminated in him getting sent off in the first half at Bournemouth in April, and he never played competitively for the club again. 

Although Ramirez didn't cause our elegation, he certainly didn't help.

Clayton you'd think is nailed on to be one of the two new starters, having come off the bench in the last two matches.

Looking at Pulis' selections so far, the other could be:

• Johnson (sub every match, aside from Pulis' first match, two substitute appearances)
  • Fletcher (sub every match, one substitute appearances)
  • Dimi (didn't play in the last cup game)
  • Fry (hasn't made the bench yet)
  • Fabio (hasn't made the bench yet)
  • Baker (hasn't made the bench since 1st Jan)
  • (remember that Christie/Guedioura started against Preston, so it can't be them)

So based on previous match day squads, I think it will be Johnson or Fletcher, with one subbing on for the other.

Pulis seems keen for it to work out for Johnson. You can see why, he has pace and is left footed and has played left wing back before. He could be a classic Pulis type winger, if he could just find some confidence, some form and a good performance from somewhere.

It's a big ask but you never know, look at how Friend/Ayala/Howson/Traore have all improved under TP.

Other than that, I think Britt will just get the nod over big Rudy.

-------------------- Randolph ------------------

-- Shotton ---- Ayala ---- Gibson ---- Friend --

------------ Clayton --------- Howson ----------- 

-- Traore -------- Downing -- Johnson/Fletcher -

------------------ Assombalonga -----------------

Would you rather it be Johnson or Fletcher starting tomorrow?

Or do you disagree, and think it will be someone else getting the start?

Who'd have thought by the time we play Brighton again that many of the Boro fans would hate Ramirez more than Brighton fans did? :D

To cut a long story short, about a year ago, Leicester put a bid in for him, which we rejected.

He then basically started acting like a spoilt kid and playing to about 10% of his ability, which culminated in him getting sent off in the first half at Bournemouth in April, and he never played competitively for the club again. 

Although Ramirez didn't cause our elegation, he certainly didn't help.

Basically he never stops looking for something better (which most footballers probably do) but he has an agent that does it publically and Gaston allows his agent to tell him what to do, act etc. Gaston is basically a greedy agent's dog. He's having a good season in Italy so I'm just waiting on the problems to occur if better teams start sniffing around.

The vast majority of Brighton fans seemed to blame Ramirez for getting Dale Stephens sent off (and everything else that happened thereafter) in the 'play off' game when we went up.