oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Brighton (FA Cup) 0-1

-Fletcher has had his chance, now begone

-Braithwaite didn't look like he wanted to be there

-Bamford not half the player he was

-Good old Clayts once again losing his man and taking a stupid yellow

-Is Pulis pulling a Karanka and keeping Adama on his side of the pitch? Completely wasted on the left, again

-Another home loss without scoring a goal. Is it still Monk's fault?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

-Fletcher has had his chance, now begone

-Braithwaite didn't look like he wanted to be there

-Bamford not half the player he was

-Good old Clayts once again losing his man and taking a stupid yellow

-Is Pulis pulling a Karanka and keeping Adama on his side of the pitch? Completely wasted on the left, again

-Another home loss without scoring a goal. Is it still Monk's fault?

He won’t

He didn’t

He’s not

Again

He didn’t.

It was but now it isn’t.

Full time 0-1

Not bothered about the result league is more important

Only concern is that is 2 home games running we've conceded in the 90th+ minute

Typical BORO shipping late goals really.

On to the next game.....

Watching the game I thought Fletcher was more a statue than Bamford at least when Bamford did get it he wanted to make a play whilst Fletch hardly jumped against defenders and looked so sluggish. I reckon he needs to be in the youth team if we still have one to sharpen him up.

Would have taken Bamford over Fletcher. Bamford was awful. Now that's not me saying Fletcher was great but better performance of the two from what I saw via streams

Apart from one shot on goal [wide], what did Fletcher do?

Would have taken Bamford over Fletcher. Bamford was awful. Now that's not me saying Fletcher was great but better performance of the two from what I saw via streams

Agree entirely, I would have taken Bamford over Fletcher too.

In fact I would have taken him into my office after the game and said sorry for being used in positions that don't suit him and I would have promised to give him the striker role for the rest of the season.

Goal Brighton

91st minute

Replay avoided phew!

Top supporter !

While losing blows, a replay wouldn't exactly be ideal for us in a promotion hunting season, so I understand the sentiment. I'd rather win or lose today.

Promotion hunting seasons/relegation battling seasons, it's almost like there will never be a right time to have to play a whole extra 90 mins of football!  I really don't know how the lads would cope  :dodgy:

Bamford was *** poor all over. Position doesn’t matter. He is not the player he was. Squad player at most.

I thought bamford did a load more than braithwaite. It was braithwaite worse game from what I saw

Bamford was *** poor all over. Position doesn’t matter. He is not the player he was. Squad player at most.

Well position does matter albeit he wasn't particularly good today.  We could always try playing him up front, just for a laugh, and see if that helps him find his game or alternatively we could not pick him and have other players in the side that can play in the positions they are being asked to play in.

I’m not trying to defend Braithwaite at all. He wasn’t really any better. Got a bit more on the ball but lost it too. We desperately need something new on the left wing. And I don’t think Bamford would be any better if played up front. He is just not particularly good anymore.