H QPR v Barnsley

H Reading v Millwall

D Sheff W v Birmingham

A Sunderland v Ipswich

H Aston V v Burton A.

H Derby v Brentford

D Fulham v Notts Forest

A Leeds v Cardiff

A Norwich v Middlesbrough (Assombalonga)

A PNE v Hull Cty

H QPR v Barnsley

D Reading v Millwall

H Sheff W v Birmingham

H Sunderland v Ipswich

H Aston V v Burton A.

H Derby v Brentford

H Fulham v Notts Forest

D Leeds v Cardiff

A Norwich v Middlesbrough Gestede

H PNE v Hull Cty

H QPR v Barnsley

H Reading v Millwall

H Sheff W v Birmingham

D Sunderland v Ipswich

H Aston Villa v Burton

H Derby v Brentford

H Fulham v Notts Forest

H Leeds v Cardiff

A Norwich v Middlesbrough (Gestede)

H Preston v Hull

H QPR v Barnsley

H Reading v Millwall

H Sheff Wed v Birmingham

H Sunderland v Ipswich

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• Businesses should be means tested much like people are for social welfare. There is no way bajillionaires like Branson should get away with furloughing staff, neither should businesses with 100's of millions of pounds income per year. 
    • Liverpool have reversed the decision now. Rightly so, in my opinion. 
    • I don’t think it’s down to the working class nature of football, boxers don’t get the same flack, I think it’s because clubs are very often the heart of a community. I remember chatting to a woman I met a few years ago who wouldn’t let her kids watch football because footballers were payed an obscene amount of money. I asked her if she allowed her kids to watch Hollywood movies, of course, she said!  
    • Wherever you stand on it... Footballers do always seem to be fair game when it comes to having a pop at the rich. Is it the working class nature of football? I've always wondered.  Where are the calls for musicians, actors, or even athletes from other well-paid sports to give up their earnings for the less fortunate? Or the bankers and CEOs who squirrel millions away into offshore accounts, taking from society and never giving back? At least footballers bring a bit of joy and entertainment to millions of people a couple of times a week. 
    • Yep, its a real sob story.  But in normal life, imagine if you could live comfortably on 10% of your takehome after buying your house and car. You would only have day to day expenses, holidays, etc. You take the rest of your salary and put it in one of those long term savings accounts (or whatever) that you cannot touch for 2 years. Then your salary is reduced and that 10% is no longer enough to cover your day to day. Regardless of how much actual money that is, when you try to force people to change their living circumstances you will always have push-back.  Now of course nobody earning decent money should be in that situation. It is recommended to split your savings, some in short term (easily retrieved), some in medium term (normally a wait period to retrieve) and some in long term (not normally retrievable) eg Property and pension.  On one hand it does highlight that these are just people, like all of us. On the other hand, they are fabulously wealthy and a target for those less well off who are revered when times are good and reviled when times are bad.  I don't blame the players for earning what they do, you make hay while the sun shines and we would all probably try to earn the same if circumstances were different. The clubs though are a different story and should be looking after the non mega-rich employees.