oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 0-0

I still don't get the argument of being better off in the Championship. This is competitive sport, competing in the top division should be the aim for every club. We exist to compete and staying in the 2nd tier winning games vs. just staying up in the top division is a no brainer for me as at the very least it means we're the 17th best team in the country.

Who in their right mind would take the last 10 years over the 10 prior to it?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't get the argument of being better off in the Championship. This is competitive sport, competing in the top division should be the aim for every club. We exist to compete and staying in the 2nd tier winning games vs. just staying up in the top division is a no brainer for me as at the very least it means we're the 17th best team in the country.

Indeed, well said.

It's recency bias. It sucked being the 2nd worst team in the PL last year, where as it was awesome being great the few years in the Championship before it.

Personally I obviously want to be in the PL for the reputation and the fact we'd be a PL team and all that jazz, but I do think the Championship is the more exciting league at times. 

If we could be back in the PL and good enough to stay there then great, but another season like last will be a real struggle for a lot of people I think.

Hoping for a win tonight to take me into my away game (home for me) at Norwich on saturday and possibly back into the Top 6

I agree that the forum had drifted a bit of late , bit like the team really but I will be making the effort to post more regularly....After all what is the option FMTTM!!!!!!!

3-1 tonight with Britt bagging a couple and Adama getting his first home goal

Sheffield Wednesday really impressed me in their game vs Sheffield United on TV as they were really well organised and a big threat on the counterattack. Hopefully they don't perform as well tonight as I wouldn't fancy our chances of breaking through that defence and midfield cover.

Has our passion for MFC fallen so low that we only have 9 posts on the day of a game?

It's pretty dire isn't it. There are just not that many posters anymore.

They all got hounded off the board  :(

I think we'll win tonight.  We're better than them and we haven't had too many problems with teams we're better than really for the most part anyway.

Don’t think posters were hounded of the forum. But I do know a lot of posters were fed up with the bull*** squabbles :s

Some posters were hounded off the forum. 

Maybe as one of the mods you could have done something about the squabbles?

Any early team news for tonight?  Ayala back or not?  Leadbitter back in?  Who starts up front?

It’s a tightrope get involved and we have the ‘over moderation arguments’ don’t get involved and we are allowing the forum to bully people. I don’t tend to get involved unless it’s personal or name calling. Which in itself was tricky as many people these days are ‘forum savvy’ and can walk the line without crossing it with a well placed IMO or similar :s

Sheffield Wednesday really impressed me in their game vs Sheffield United on TV as they were really well organised and a big threat on the counterattack. Hopefully they don't perform as well tonight as I wouldn't fancy our chances of breaking through that defence and midfield cover.

Not surprised they looked good, playing against themselves!

Not surprised they looked good, playing against themselves!

Well edited!

Has our passion for MFC fallen so low that we only have 9 posts on the day of a game?

It's pretty dire isn't it. There are just not that many posters anymore.

There just doesn't really seem to be much to talk about at the moment.  Even the transfer thread is dead compared to normal.  It kind of feels like the season is already over.

I'm expecting us to finish the season pretty much where we are position-wise.  Think we will just miss out on the play offs by a couple of points, or else on goal difference.  I'm not sure I want us to go up anyways because I completely fell out of love with the premier league last year.  I know that the premier league is a better place to be financially, but it really isn't inspiring when a 'good' season is avoiding relegation by a point or two.  We do not - and will not - have the finances to be competitive in the prem.  We can be competitive in the championship.

got to agree all round. No expectation of anything this season now, apart from hoping we give someone a good hiding at home.

Also thought i was on me own about the Premiership, very rarely do i watch or listen to any news from that.

I've been feeling pretty alienated by football recently. I don't have a huge issue with the ridiculous sums of money being pumped into the game, but how the money is distributed is depressing. The premier league/ cup competitions have 6 realistic winners, all in that position primarily because they are the richest clubs. Where's the competition in that?

I want us to go up and compete at the highest level. But considering that finances dictate that our brightest prospect is to become a mid-table premier league club, I've started to question the game. My dream is to one day see us win a cup. If the game operated differently, we could be so much more ambitious than that. A fairer money distribution would see the impact of money fall, and other factors like management be much more pivotal. That's how I'd like to see the game change. Unfortunately, I cannot see it happening...

As for tonight, a huge game. Need to win to keep the pressure on the top 6. UTB.

Hoping for a win tonight to take me into my away game (home for me) at Norwich on saturday and possibly back into the Top 6

I agree that the forum had drifted a bit of late , bit like the team really but I will be making the effort to post more regularly....After all what is the option FMTTM!!!!!!!

3-1 tonight with Britt bagging a couple and Adama getting his first home goal

We were considering going to Norwich.....after all the great reports :). Probably wait for Ipswich it’s an hour closer

It’s quite interesting following the different people on here. It becomes obvious who are the half full guys and who are the half empty ones. And some of course are in the middle. It seems that each set of people very rarely deviate from thier positive negative selves .

At times you can almost predict what sort of reply you are going to get to a particular situation