oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 0-0

Alright, so with Bamfords chance he did really well, it was going in, pretty low in the bottom corner and it was clawed off the line by the goal keeper (it was close enough that Bamford even looked around to ask if it had gone over the line). 

So what is stopping this one being a clear cut chance that was saved, rather than not a clear cut chance at all? I'm not really following your logic here.

Because as I've said a couple of times, I don't think he could have done any better with his header.  It was about as good as he could manage but was still saved.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so with Bamfords chance he did really well, it was going in, pretty low in the bottom corner and it was clawed off the line by the goal keeper (it was close enough that Bamford even looked around to ask if it had gone over the line). 

So what is stopping this one being a clear cut chance that was saved, rather than not a clear cut chance at all? I'm not really following your logic here.

Because as I've said a couple of times, I don't think he could have done any better with his header.  It was about as good as he could manage but was still saved.

Don't worry mate, I know what you mean

alright, I really disagree with you but not much more point discussing it

Ok but if you're unable to understand what I'm saying then that's not really my fault  :(

Will managed it but maybe he's just much more intelligent than you?  :angel:

I'm not sure how anyone can disagree. If a player has a chance and does as well as possible with it but it's saved (fairly routinely tbh) then how can it be a clear cut chance?

It's so hard to detect sarcasm on this forum hah, i cant decide whether this is a joke or not as i dont even know what couldn't have done any better means.

If you have a chance and don't score, you could have done better.

It's so hard to detect sarcasm on this forum hah, i cant decide whether this is a joke or not as i dont even know what couldn't have done any better means.

That statement is only correct as an absolute blanket statement, as soon as you take any specific example it falls apart. Take Britts header last night for example, the cross was on the high side and at the peak of Britts jump the ball was too high for him to generate a lot of power or direction on, how could Britt have done better in that situation?

Bamfords is another example, he got a strong connection on the ball and put it exactly where you'd want him to head it, how could Bamford have done better in that situation?

That statement is only correct as an absolute blanket statement, as soon as you take any specific example it falls apart. Take Britts header last night for example, the cross was on the high side and at the peak of Britts jump the ball was too high for him to generate a lot of power or direction on, how could Britt have done better in that situation?

Bamfords is another example, he got a strong connection on the ball and put it exactly where you'd want him to head it, how could Bamford have done better in that situation?

Should Bamford have scored with the connection he got and where he placed the ball?

I even have disagreements with Britts header, although I've said I didn't rewatch that one so am unsure whether he jumped too early or the cross was too high.

headed it back the way it came as the keepers weight was on his right foot.

headed it back the way it came as the keepers weight was on his right foot.

I mean he could have headed it literally anywhere other than where he did and he scores. he managed to get enough direction on it to send it straight down the middle of the goal, so the idea he couldn't have got it to go towards a corner doesn't hold water for me either.

I think you give Cristiano Ronaldo Bamford's chance 10 times and he'd struggle to score.

I think he'd put Britt's header away 9 times out of 10, I think Britt would have been disappointed not to do better with his header.