oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 0-0

If you have a chance and don't score, you could have done better.

What if you don't have a chance and you still score like Jay-Z with Beyonce?

Women and football's both love confidence and conviction, we weren't giving our football much of either yesterday.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I said during the game I thought the Bamford chance was difficult and I fully acknowledge that HOWEVER I do think he should have still hit the target, realistically.

britts header maybe I need to see again cause it looked inch perfect for him and then he just heads it straight at the keeper. maybe it was more difficult than that but I'm not sold.

Id have been unhappy if I hadn’t got that shot on target so a very expensive forward should be doing better. We can say his and britts chances weren’t easy but top forwards should at least be scoring a reasonable percentage of this chances

They aren't top forwards.

Not getting into that argument , depends on your criteria for top. But I’d say £22 million for two forwards makes them top players if not top in the world then certainly top in the fourth biggest league in the world

I'm not a top forward but I'd be fuming and consider that a clear cut chance in a 7 a side goal at marton sports village on a Thursday night.

In isolation I don’t think you’d expect and of those chances to be scored. But if you saw our 5/6 best chances with the players we have then I feel you really would EXPECT at least one to be scored

What does the level they are at have to do with it? A chance is a chance, it's not a different level of difficulty depending on whether you're in the Premier League or playing for a pub team. You're saying that Bamford should have spun around and hit a shot with his weaker foot whilst stretching and that it was a nailed on chance? It's just not realistic to think that way. Maybe top players with more ability can pull that sort of thing of as routine but that isn't Bamford and regardless of his transfer fee that definitely isn't Assombalonga. I think maybe some people are trying too hard to talk up the start of Pulis' time here, which is exactly what happened at the beginning of Monks tenure. We weren't very good last night and we didn't create a host of clear cut chances. It might make us feel more optimistic to say that we did and thus place the blame on the players but it's just not how it happened.

What does the level they are at have to do with it? A chance is a chance, it's not a different level of difficulty depending on whether you're in the Premier League or playing for a pub team. You're saying that Bamford should have spun around and hit a shot with his weaker foot whilst stretching and that it was a nailed on chance? It's just not realistic to think that way. Maybe top players with more ability can pull that sort of thing of as routine but that isn't Bamford and regardless of his transfer fee that definitely isn't Assombalonga. I think maybe some people are trying too hard to talk up the start of Pulis' time here, which is exactly what happened at the beginning of Monks tenure. We weren't very good last night and we didn't create a host of clear cut chances. It might make us feel more optimistic to say that we did and thus place the blame on the players but it's just not how it happened.

Who is trying to talk up yesterday? You keep trying to make the same point. I haven't heard anyone say we played well.

There was a poster asking if we looked like turning the draws into wins, on chances alone you could argue we did. Thats completely different to suggesting we played well.

Talking it up by making out that we created more and better chances than we actually did. That despite playing poorly we still should have done such and such. Like I said, you in particular would not be saying the same things if Monk had been in charge of that game last night. You know you wouldn't and I understand why you are and why it's different but I genuinely can't see what was better last night than say Fulham, where we actually did create some clear cut chances. I mean a few weeks back we beat Sheff Wed at their place with Monk in charge. We beat Ipswich and Bolton at home as well. What was there to be optimistic about in any real way last night? I just don't see it, I don't see what corner is being turned. Until we have a properly functioning attack, I will hold the same opinion. It's just how it is for me anyway.