• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

aye I'm not trying to talk it up, pulis ain't me dad I owe him nothing to sugar coat the performances, did we create enough chances to win the game though, yes.

That isn't what I'm talking about though.  Somebody asked was there anything to suggest we'd turned a corner last night and I don't think there was.  We created better chances against Fulham in my opinion, who are also a better team than Sheff Wed.  We must have had more of the ball last night but you've said yourself as have others that we weren't that good, so what corner was turned or partially turned last night?  None in my opinion.

aye I'm not trying to talk it up, pulis ain't me dad I owe him nothing to sugar coat the performances, did we create enough chances to win the game though, yes.

That isn't what I'm talking about though.  Somebody asked was there anything to suggest we'd turned a corner last night and I don't think there was.  We created better chances against Fulham in my opinion, who are also a better team than Sheff Wed.  We must have had more of the ball last night but you've said yourself as have others that we weren't that good, so what corner was turned or partially turned last night?  None in my opinion.

I would have to agree with you, I don't see a lot of difference from when Monk was in charge, possibly an upturn in Traore and Howson's performances but that's about it. You take this squad and put it at another championship club and its average in my opinion.

Talking it up by making out that we created more and better chances than we actually did. That despite playing poorly we still should have done such and such. Like I said, you in particular would not be saying the same things if Monk had been in charge of that game last night. You know you wouldn't and I understand why you are and why it's different but I genuinely can't see what was better last night than say Fulham, where we actually did create some clear cut chances. I mean a few weeks back we beat Sheff Wed at their place with Monk in charge. We beat Ipswich and Bolton at home as well. What was there to be optimistic about in any real way last night? I just don't see it, I don't see what corner is being turned. Until we have a properly functioning attack, I will hold the same opinion. It's just how it is for me anyway.

Last night wasn't better than Fulham, I agree.

We didn't play well, I agree.

We are lacking in forward positions, I agree. and I think unless we work miracles in the next few hours we're gonna come up short this season.

All I'm saying is that we had enough chances last night to win the game, that's all I've been saying all along.

I also admit I was extremely 'glass half empty' with Monk. That wasn't just down to performances, it was the ridiculous signings in the summer, the changing formations, lack of a plan and players like Gibson and Ayala playing awful under him.

I think there are some people who have taken the same stance with Pulis, I read comments on here before he'd even managed a game and people had made their mind up on him. Its confirmation bias and it isn't just me who's guilty of it on here.

I think with regard to Pulis, you either like him and his style of football or you don't.

I'd rather play like Man City but let's be realistic how many managers in our history have been successful and played attractive football?

I want to win games and get promoted, the style of football comes second to me.

Just realistic about what I see at a game. I also never said we didn't create enough chances to win the game at any point. As I replied to you earlier, that wasn't the conversation I was having even if it was the conversation other people were having.

I was optimistic with Monk and I am optimistic with Pulis, hell the only manager I haven't felt optimistic about was Agnew, It's a Rollercoaster of emotions I'll tell you what...

Just 2 months ago Assombalonga was the best striker we've had in the championship, now we need to sell him, in another 2 months time he'll probably have broken our goalscoring record. I've never been a fan of talking in absolutes as form in football changes so quickly.

Last night wasn't better than Fulham, I agree.

We didn't play well, I agree.

We are lacking in forward positions, I agree. and I think unless we work miracles in the next few hours we're gonna come up short this season.

All I'm saying is that we had enough chances last night to win the game, that's all I've been saying all along.

It's what everyone is saying except for CT who must be rubbish at football and considers them all difficult chances :)

I think with regard to Pulis, you either like him and his style of football or you don't.

I'd rather play like Man City but let's be realistic how many managers in our history have been successful and played attractive football?

I want to win games and get promoted, the style of football comes second to me.

1st text I got when Pulis was appointed was from my mate also a season ticket holder, *** me ,not that boring Welsh gob ***e, so some don't like him that's how it is.

somehow I feel safer with Pulis. We are more stable now. Pulis is the old kind, he will build from the back and then sort the attack. Thats how it suppose to be done in my book.

Monk started with the offense......