• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who were at the game, were there signs of our home form turning a corner and us turning the losses and draws into wins?

Yes in the second half, although we didn't play particularly well we missed lots of chances.

Bamford off, Gestede on.

Britt off, Braithwaite on.

Howson off, Clayton on.

Can't believe Howson got taken off over Leadbitter, Howson's been great.

He was probably knackered from doing Leadbitter and Traore's running for them.

For those who were at the game, were there signs of our home form turning a corner and us turning the losses and draws into wins?

Yes in the second half, although we didn't play particularly well we missed lots of chances.

We didn't.  Barely created a thing from open play, just set pieces for the most part.  Tonight was poor.

We didn't.  Barely created a thing from open play, just set pieces for the most part.  Tonight was poor.

Whether the chances are from open play or set pieces is pretty irrelevant, we missed a couple of sitters tonight and should have won the game.

The last two league games at home we've played well in one and pretty average tonight, however we are creating chances and should have won both.

Whether the chances are from open play or set pieces is pretty irrelevant, we missed a couple of sitters tonight and should have won the game.

The last two league games at home we've played well in one and pretty average tonight, however we are creating chances and should have won both.

What sitters?  The headers from the set pieces?  Of course it's relevant how you create chances especially when you don't create all that many.  People are confusing chances with shots at goal.  We didn't create many good chances tonight, Bamford's header early on wasn't the easiest, his effort in the second half he appeared to be falling over as he turned to hit it and Britt's header looked a touch too high for him to get enough power and direction on it.  Other than that it was whatever we could create from corners and freekicks.  We were ***e and there were quite a few boos both at half time and full time.  Understandably so as well.  ***ing garbage football, largely clueless and it was bloody cold anarl.

Ayala missed a free header from about 5 yards near the end, we hit the post, Britt cleared one of our own headers off the line, Braithwaite had a very good chance near the end.

We created enough chances to win the game, whether they were set pieces or from open play a chance is a chance it's that simple. This was against a team that came here to defend and frustrate us it was never gonna be an open, free flowing game.

I'm not saying we played well but if we'd stuck one of those headers away from a set piece the minority of fans (thats all it was) booing wouldn't have complained.

You think that if we'd scored a goal people would have been happy with that performance??? Throughout the game people were making it clear how unhappy they were with what they were seeing. The booing at half time and full time (a minority yes but a decent sized minority) was only part of it.

We didn't play well and we didn't create many chances. If you want to talk things up then be my guest but you're kidding yourself I'm afraid.

You think that if we'd scored a goal people would have been happy with that performance???  Throughout the game people were making it clear how unhappy they were with what they were seeing.  The booing at half time and full time (a minority yes but a decent sized minority) was only part of it.

We didn't play well and we didn't create many chances.  If you want to talk things up then be my guest but you're kidding yourself I'm afraid.

We created about 5 absolute golden "should have scored" chances.

How many of those types of chances do you want to create in a game?

Regardless of how well or bad we played we created far and away enough chances to COMFORTABLY win, which is ultimately the point.

You think that if we'd scored a goal people would have been happy with that performance??? Throughout the game people were making it clear how unhappy they were with what they were seeing. The booing at half time and full time (a minority yes but a decent sized minority) was only part of it.

We didn't play well and we didn't create many chances. If you want to talk things up then be my guest but you're kidding yourself I'm afraid.

Im not kidding myself, if you read my replies properly you'll see that I've admitted we didn't play well! All I'm saying is that we had enough chances to win the game and I've described most of them.

As for the morons booing in the ground I don't really care what they think but when you grind out a 1-0 win you don't usually here them booing do you.

We played a team tonight who played 5-4-1, that wasn't a team that were gonna be easy to break down. They didn't even play with wingbacks it was a flat back 5 for most of the game with two midfielders sat in front of it.

I'm not a hugefan of the type of football that Pulis plays sometimes, I'd rather have Guardiola type football. I do trust him to sort things out here though and have us contending for promotion eventually.

Well we couldn't create anything from open play because the opposition were playing for the 0-0, they didn't threaten at all and we had enough clear cut opportunities to win the game. I think we had more shots from set pieces last night as we did the rest of the season under Monk, that can only help our goal tally.

I think in most games we've created a decent amount of chances from open play, not sure whether this figure has gone down since Pulis has arrived (probably has). But we look defensively solid and we are still creating chances, I'm not too worried yet, all strike forces go through a dry spell at some point in the year.

I'm certainly on CT's side of the fence about yesterday. For almost an hour between the start of the game and the end of the second half we were dreadful and Wednesday were the better team (of two poor teams mind) for large spells. We were misplacing passes, going sideways or backwards, and not doing enough good running off the ball when one of our players were going forward.

Our pressing from the front was decent at times though, although you can understand why Britt was waving Traore and Bamford to help him as at times he had to press 2-3 defenders by himself. Downing did a lot of pressing too.

Friend got forward a lot yesterday but often ran into a blind alley because his partner on the left, Bamford, was nowhere to be seen. Bamford hasn't got a clue what he is doing out wide, so unless he plays up front he shouldn't play and preferably moved on to buy a winger. Howson needs a better partner in the middle because he is doing all the work. Leadbitter just doesn't offer anything and when Clayton comes on it's very clear that he is too limited. Bla bla Clayton did the forward stuff at Huddersfield; well thats 4 years ago. Those days are over. Get someone better next to Howson.

I really hope that Harrison is the answer on the left, because we really need someone to take the pressure off Traore. When Braithwaite came on it was also clear that he isn't a winger, although he hardly had time to make an influence. Pulis left the attacking changes too late. Should have brought Gestede and Braithwaite on at the hour mark as it was clear the second half was going to be just like the first half. Or at least Gestede and then tell Britt to stay close to him.

As disappointing as last night was (again), I'm trying to find some positives with how we are at the moment.

Results haven't improved much more under Pulis than we had under Monk, but what you can say is we have improved defensively and stopped conceding the same stupid goals, and that generally we have been more controlling of the games. The football hasn't been great to watch but none of us expected it to be.

The main problem we have is obviously failure to convert our chances. If you look back at our last few home games at least; Sheff Wed, Fulham, Villa. We could have won all three in all honesty had we converted our chances earlier on.

If we won those three we'd be comfortably in the playoffs and a couple of points off automatic. Fine margins.

I don't think anyone is saying we played well last night.

I agree with you about Bamford on the left, he's useless out there and looks completely lost. I still don't understand why he doesn't get a chance up front.