oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 0-0

Quite excited for this game, mostly because I love a midweek game in general. It is a must-win though and I think Pulis knows that. Need to improve our home form.

Randolph; Shotton, Fry, Gibson, Friend; Leadbitter, Howson; Traore, Downing, Bamford; Britt

2-1 Win with Britt and Bam scoring

COME ON BORO!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Has our passion for MFC fallen so low that we only have 9 posts on the day of a game?

It's pretty dire isn't it. There are just not that many posters anymore.

And the people who do post are mostly negative about the season, especially me.

I'm at least looking forward to it. Love a midweek evening game. Just bought the match through the Wednesday website. Hope we put in a good performance and take our chances.

Has our passion for MFC fallen so low that we only have 9 posts on the day of a game?

They all got hounded off the board  :(

I think we'll win tonight.  We're better than them and we haven't had too many problems with teams we're better than really for the most part anyway.

I think we'll win tonight.  We're better than them and we haven't had too many problems with teams we're better than really for the most part anyway.

Don’t think posters were hounded of the forum. But I do know a lot of posters were fed up with the bull*** squabbles :s

2-0 Boro (Traore, Howson)

-------------------- Randolph ------------------

-- Shotton --- Ayala -- Gibson --- Friend --

---------- Leadbitter -------- Howson -----------

-- Traore ------- Downing ----- Bamford --

-------------------- Gestede -----------------

My best guess based on:

- If there's interest in Clayton, he might be wrapped in cotton wool

- There's not much in it, but Bamford might just get the nod over Braithwaite

- Gestede just to edge out Assombalonga (with Bamford told to get in the box)

Don’t think posters were hounded of the forum. But I do know a lot of posters were fed up with the bull*** squabbles :s

Some posters were hounded off the forum. 

Maybe as one of the mods you could have done something about the squabbles?

Any early team news for tonight?  Ayala back or not?  Leadbitter back in?  Who starts up front?

I reckon we'll see:

Randy

Shotton fry gibbo friend

Leadbitter howson

Traore Bamford downing

Assombalonga

Maybe rudy up front, I can't decide.

2-0 to the boro. I think I'll just sit in the stand and cry all night if we lose to a late flukey goal again

There just doesn't really seem to be much to talk about at the moment.  Even the transfer thread is dead compared to normal.  It kind of feels like the season is already over.

I'm expecting us to finish the season pretty much where we are position-wise.  Think we will just miss out on the play offs by a couple of points, or else on goal difference.  I'm not sure I want us to go up anyways because I completely fell out of love with the premier league last year.  I know that the premier league is a better place to be financially, but it really isn't inspiring when a 'good' season is avoiding relegation by a point or two.  We do not - and will not - have the finances to be competitive in the prem.  We can be competitive in the championship.

There just doesn't really seem to be much to talk about at the moment.  Even the transfer thread is dead compared to normal.  It kind of feels like the season is already over.

I'm expecting us to finish the season pretty much where we are position-wise.  Think we will just miss out on the play offs by a couple of points, or else on goal difference.  I'm not sure I want us to go up anyways because I completely fell out of love with the premier league last year.  I know that the premier league is a better place to be financially, but it really isn't inspiring when a 'good' season is avoiding relegation by a point or two.  We do not - and will not - have the finances to be competitive in the prem.  We can be competitive in the championship.

To what end though mate?

To what end though mate?

We can at least win some of our games, rather than an unexpected draw being the height of success.  Play offs would be good, but I do honestly think that the teams currently in the play off and promotion spots are better than us.  

There is something that is really not working with home games at the moment, and I don't know what it is.  Are the players scared of playing at home?  Are they complacent about home games supposedly being 'easier' and therefore underperform?  Are crowd expectations stifling the team?  Do we just have false expectations of the team?

My point was, if we aren't bothered about promotion then what exactly would we be playing for in the Championship?

As for the home form, for a few different reasons we've struggled to get our attacking play functioning properly in my opinion and that has been coupled with screwing up some fairly easy chances as well. I don't like how Pulis sets up teams but it's clear we don't have the type of players he would prefer to use and who would work best under his approach. He might not come out and say it but he's making do at the moment.