oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window, Change of formation and this seasons failures.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

What about that Uruguayan striker banging them in in Spain?

Pretty sure he'd be better as a RW...

He got booed when he played for us.

If only Pulis had a striker of Stuani's quality now!. Doubt TP would play him on the wing

If only Pulis had a striker of Stuani's quality now!. Doubt TP would play him on the wing

Why not? He’s playing with an even worse striker on the wing.

That's because he wasn't that good for us.

He was actually alright, he just never got played in his best position.

He offered very little as a winger because, like you say, he wasn't a winger. Considering that though, scored some really important goals and still find it remarkable that we never used him up front more often than we did.

That's because he wasn't that good for us.

He was actually alright, he just never got played in his best position.

That may be true but people couldn't judge him on performances he might have produced in a position he could/should have played in.  They judged him on his actual performances, which weren't that good, even though we will almost certainly see some revisionism taking place because he's now doing well somewhere else.  7 goals in the Championship with 1 assist, 4 goals in the Premier League with 0 assists.  He has scored more in 19 games with Girona than he did in his two seasons with us.  Braithwaite by comparison had 5 goals and 2 assists before we shipped him back out.

I think he was the best finisher at the club in his time here as I said quite often. But he wasn't played up front and perhaps wouldn't have been as suited to it in English football - I assume that's why Karanka didn't really give him a go there for any length of time.

I think the vast majority of fans watching him every week could see he didn't have the attributes to play as a wide man. He wasn't fast, he couldn't cross or go past players and he stifled our creativity down whichever side he was playing. He scored a lot of goals in and around the box. He read the game game well, could strike a ball well and wasn't afraid to work hard or get physical. Everything you need to thrive as a Championship striker.

I think the vast majority of fans watching him every week could see he didn't have the attributes to play as a wide man. He wasn't fast, he couldn't cross or go past players  and he stifled our creativity down whichever side he was playing. He scored a lot of goals in and around the box. He read the game game well, could strike a ball well and wasn't afraid to work hard or get physical. Everything you need to thrive as a Championship striker.

And he didn't wear a gumshield like Kei Kamara.