oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window, Change of formation and this seasons failures.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the vast majority of fans watching him every week could see he didn't have the attributes to play as a wide man. He wasn't fast, he couldn't cross or go past players and he stifled our creativity down whichever side he was playing. He scored a lot of goals in and around the box. He read the game game well, could strike a ball well and wasn't afraid to work hard or get physical. Everything you need to thrive as a Championship striker.

How many games did he actually play for us as a forward. I do remember seeing him up top and he didn’t look anything special

Brentford at home in the Championship he did and scored twice although one of them might have been when he was out on the right as he got moved in the second half as I remember correctly. He was sort of up front in the Spurs home game last season for a bit in the second half with Rhodes but even then he was still kinda over on the right hand side. I seem to recall him playing up front in a couple of away games last season? Did he play there at Palace maybe and somewhere else as well?

I think the vast majority of fans watching him every week could see he didn't have the attributes to play as a wide man. He wasn't fast, he couldn't cross or go past players  and he stifled our creativity down whichever side he was playing. He scored a lot of goals in and around the box. He read the game game well, could strike a ball well and wasn't afraid to work hard or get physical. Everything you need to thrive as a Championship striker.

How many games did he actually play for us as a forward.  I do remember seeing him up top and he didn’t look anything special

Certainly couldn't have earned a cap for Uruguay based on the number of games he played up there for us. ;)

Brentford at home in the Championship he did and scored twice although one of them might have been when he was out on the right as he got moved in the second half as I remember correctly.  He was sort of up front in the Spurs home game last season for a bit in the second half with Rhodes but even then he was still kinda over on the right hand side.  I seem to recall him playing up front in a couple of away games last season?  Did he play there at Palace maybe and somewhere else as well?

Against Watford at Vicarage, we played 2 up front in a weird 3-5-2 thing when Gaston was 'injured' in January. I seem to remember him having a couple of good chances and (I think) a good goal wrongly disallowed. 

But it was few and far between, yeah.