oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window, Change of formation and this seasons failures.

He was obviously a player Karanka wanted so why is that bad on the recruitment team

Why was he obviously a player Karanka wanted?

Because he’s signed him again. He could have mistaken him for the wrong player ..twice. Or Gill is scouting for forest aswell. But I’m going for ( and I’m taking a risk here ). That if you sign a player out of the blue Twice. Then you want that player

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, he really wanted him whilst we were in the Championship, not in the Premier League. In the Championship he was fit for purpose, he proved that to be the case at Watford and I was actually expecting more out of him this season than we got but there you go. Karanka has signed a player in the Championship that he wanted in the Championship.

He was obviously a player Karanka wanted so why is that bad on the recruitment team

Because he’s signed him again.  He could have mistaken him for the wrong player ..twice.   Or Gill is scouting for forest aswell.  But I’m going for ( and I’m taking a risk here ). That if you sign a player out of the blue   Twice. Then you want that player

So he really wanted to sign him for us last January and then once he got him decided not to pick him because...

He didn't want him.  He didn't even want that type of player never mind him specifically, which is why he never bloody picked him and the players we were linked with were completely different types of players.

The fact that he signed him for a different club in a different division is neither here nor there.  They are completely different situations.  I've got no idea if Karanka was interested in signing him whilst we were in the Championship, it's entirely possible that he did.  But not last January, he got lumbered with him as he quite clearly got lumbered with other players.

So he really wanted to sign him for us last January and then once he got him decided not to pick him because...

He didn't want him.  He didn't even want that type of player never mind him specifically, which is why he never bloody picked him and the players we were linked with were completely different types of players.

The fact that he signed him for a different club in a different division is neither here nor there.  They are completely different situations.  I've got no idea if Karanka was interested in signing him whilst we were in the Championship, it's entirely possible that he did.  But not last January, he got lumbered with him as he quite clearly got lumbered with other players.

I'm not sure that's the case. There were 5 games between Guedioura's arrival and Karanka's departure. He was cup tied for one of them, and came on as a sub in each of the others, on 3 occasions getting over 30 minutes on the pitch. It seems that Karanka was trying to get him upto speed, rather than 'not picking him'.

Regardless, I do think he was a player that Karanka liked, but wasn't crying out for last January, and it did smack of the recruitment team trying to appease him.

Because he’s signed him again.  He could have mistaken him for the wrong player ..twice.   Or Gill is scouting for forest aswell.  But I’m going for ( and I’m taking a risk here ). That if you sign a player out of the blue   Twice. Then you want that player

Saying clearly lots of times doesn’t make it true

What about just saying it once as I did there  :huh:

I'm not sure that's the case. There were 5 games between Guedioura's arrival and Karanka's departure. He was cup tied for one of them, and came on as a sub in each of the others, on 3 occasions getting over 30 minutes on the pitch. It seems that Karanka was trying to get him upto speed, rather than 'not picking him'.

Regardless, I do think he was a player that Karanka liked, but wasn't crying out for last January, and it did smack of the recruitment team trying to appease him.

He was the only midfielder who didn't start a game over that period.  In the final game at Stoke he got less time than he had in the previous games.  This was the game when Leadbitter looked like an old man trying to play football because he was that off the pace.  Maybe you're right and he would have started picking him all the time and maybe he'd have started picking Bamford and Fischer regularly as well but I don't believe that's how it would have played out.  It's weird for me to be defending Karanka but as far as I'm concerned he got screwed in the transfer window.  He made it clear the type of players he wanted and we bought something completely different.

And I didn't say clearly once, well except that time just there.

What about just saying it once as I did there  :huh:

Let’s not get bogged down with who said what and who said when. you clearly said it. :)

He was the only midfielder who didn't start a game over that period.  In the final game at Stoke he got less time than he had in the previous games.  This was the game when Leadbitter looked like an old man trying to play football because he was that off the pace.  Maybe you're right and he would have started picking him all the time and maybe he'd have started picking Bamford and Fischer regularly as well but I don't believe that's how it would have played out.  It's weird for me to be defending Karanka but as far as I'm concerned he got screwed in the transfer window.  He made it clear the type of players he wanted and we bought something completely different.

I agree with almost everything you say there, mate. It is fairly obvious that Guedioura was the scouting team's answer to a question that wasn't really being asked.

I was just pointing out in general that the fact that Karanka has signed him again isn't as weird as many people are making it out to be.

I agree with almost everything you say there, mate. It is fairly obvious that Guedioura was the scouting team's answer to a question that wasn't really being asked.

I was just pointing out in general that the fact that Karanka has signed him again isn't as weird as many people are making it out to be.

So you don’t think there is any chance that Karanka actually thought he could do a job in the premier league

So you don’t think there is any chance that Karanka actually thought he could do a job in the premier league

He could probably put the cones out and collect the bibs, Rich. ;)

So our squad at present is:

-Randolph, Dimi, Meijas

-Shotton, Cranie, Ayala, Gibson, Fry, Friend, Fabio

-Howson, Clayton, Leadbitter, Besic, Baker

-Traore, Harrison, Downing, Johnson

-Assombalonga, Gestede, Bamford

That seems short on numbers and quality in the creative areas so any injuries there will have a huge impact on us. At the end of the season Dimi, Meijas, Fabio, Besic, Baker and Harrison will either be out of contract or their loans expiring so we're going to have a skeleton of a squad in the Summer but, I'd assume at least, plenty of saved budget to strengthen the squad.

He could probably put the cones out and collect the bibs, Rich. ;)

But could you trust him to collect the subs .........

One of our mates ended up owing £800

To be fair he told us every week he was spending the subs in the bar after. But he was buying all the beer so we thought it’d be rude to stop him

Looking at Free Agents, one name stands out... Josué - Attacking Mid recently released by Ozmanlispor, formerly at Porto and various loans across Europe. 27 years-old...

Oh wait... He's only 5'8" ;)

EDIT: And a broken leg... Scrap that...